Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

The Toei Wiki page for Spider-Man posted:

In addition to fighting by himself, this incarnation of Spider-Man also piloted a giant robot known as Leopardon, which he would summon to thwart off enlarged versions of the show's monsters. Toei would adopt the giant robot concept in subsequent incarnations of their own Super Sentai franchise.

This... was the first sentai show with a giant robot. Power Rangers ultimately descends from this. :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Speaking of cancer, does anyone have the panels from 'The Death of Captain Marvel' where Reed Richards and some other guys cure cancer, and then they're all like 'why didn't we do this sooner'?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Loves me some Quantum & Woody :allears:

...but... his eyes aren't closed. :raise:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

He's so dreamy. :allears:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

That's a third-party site. They update more frequently at the artist's Tumblr, and until recently the site you linked wasn't updated at all. I figure you'd want to know.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Uthor posted:

Can Conan beat up Groo?

Groo vs. Conan #1

Tell me the entire comic was, like, two pages long. :allears:

*Googles*

A four-issue miniseries!?

Listen, Sergio. You can either joke about how awful the sewer level is, or you can have the sewer level. You can't do both!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Uthor posted:

To be fair, half the series is Sergio getting hit on the head, thinking he's Conan, and running around the city with his rear end hanging out of a hospital gown.

The other half is the towns' people making assumptions of whether Conan can/has won.

I'm on issue 4 and so far, there's been about two pages of actual fighting. And no one won.

Ah. I should have known better than to doubt one of the masters!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Its kind of weird hearing Darkside being snarky and doubly weird when you hear it with the Michael Ironside voice

Could be Frank Welker's Dr. Claw voice (which he also used for Darkseid on the Superfriends).

John Dyne posted:

I gotta say, Darkseid is great when he's written as just a regular rear end in a top hat who just so happens to wield the powers of uncreation and can unravel someone at an atomic level out of boredom.

It'd be amusing, I think, to have an issue or two where Darkseid just walks across America. Just walks. Not a single thing the superheroes can bust him for (and some argument to keep them from simply kicking him out of the country, possibly 'if he's here, we can watch him'). Light conversation with the citizenry. Purchasing coffee at a roadside stand. Spend the night at a motel. And all the while the collective law enforcement and vigilante community is going 'what is he up to what is he up to'

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

Marvel Adventures: Spider-Man.
I forget which issue, but I remember Enchantress being involved.

#40, sayeth the Google.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of -- Spider-Man?!?" When our webbed wonder unwittingly aids a devious demi-goddess, his reward is a one way ticket to Asgard. But things start going south as soon as Spidey starts going Norse! Prepare for an epic tale that the bards will sing of for centuries to come (most likely with an occasional unnecessary "thee" or "thou" thrown in for good measure)!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The same story I mentioned above

I'm not seeing you mention a story in this thread. :raise: And I'd love to see the 'Superman buys coffee' panels, but no one seems to have access to them.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

JEAN!

JEAAN!

JEAAAAAAAN!!

My first thought was OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST BEHOLD OPTIC BLAST, but your mileage may vary.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Anybody have the panels handy from that comic where they say Nixon was framed for Watergate? And aliens may or may not have been involved? I'm drawing a blank.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

More like:

"N-"
*all the punches, ever*

E: oh right this is the funny panels thread. Source is GIS, I'm afraid.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 30, 2015

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Cangelosi posted:

There's an Instagram account called, appropriately enough, "ComicallyRandom" that has been putting out some pretty obscure and strange out of context comic panels lately. Might as well repost some of the most-liked for us to analyze.

Unfortunately, this is an obvious photoshop. I presume he said he can see.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

joehonkie posted:

Note: Historical accuracy optional

But screenshotted cursor mandatory, apparently. :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Ignite Memories posted:

I spent 5 or 10 dollars buying the x-men arcade game for my phone just so I could hear colossus's YEEAAAARRGGHH again. I have not once attempted to play it for real.

You could have just gone here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

ecavalli posted:

There is perhaps nothing more Ennis than an elephant peeing into the mouth of a lovelorn, superpowered hitman.

But what about the 'woman assumes that something that looks more like a cancerous lesion is a hickey and immediately decks guy, womenamirite?' Does that rate at all on the Ennis scale?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

only for Satan to alter reality so he got hit by a brick

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

(This dazes him and then he chases a criminal to the edge of a cliff where a brick breaks, sending the criminal tumbling down onto him and knocking him out so he misses his wedding.)

Wait, so Mephisto used two bricks on Spider-Man? The fiend!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Ferrule posted:

True, but look at what they were up against:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5v2RdxYGqk

I'm amused that, about 40 seconds in, Cyclops manages to miss egregiously. With eyebeams that, by definition, shoot what he's looking at. At a range where they're effectively hitscan.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Klaus (aka Santa Begins) #2

I'm now imagining Shadow of Mordor Christmas DLC.
⌾ 3/10 Stealth Gift Uruks
□ Bonus Objective
     Do not kill any Uruks

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

PRIORITY OVER-RIDE. NEW BEHAVIOR DICTATED.
MUST BREAK TARGET DICK INTO COMPONENT COMPOUNDS.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Wanderer posted:

From Thor #373, by Simonson and Sal Buscema, Thor foils a mugging.

I presume 'UP???' is intended to be pronounced in a tone of surprise and panic at Suddenly Mjolnir.

E: also, though this is less likely, I hope Thor's response involves saying 'yea' and moving Mjolnir up, as instructed.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Didn't know whether to put this in Funny or Badass, but New Avengers #8:

The New Avengers are raiding the SHIELD Battlecarrier (it's a helicarrier with more guns, before you ask) to save a captured Rick Jones and run into the Agents of SHIELD (from the show/comic of the same name) and Power Man and White Tiger are having a little bit of trouble fighting Deathlok.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

How many superheroes are there that go by their super identity? I mean, I figure Johnny Storm at least can sign checks as 'The Human Torch', but there must be other examples.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Is my eyesight going bad or are you guys just posting incredibly small images for some reason.

The most recent images look fine; they're just thumbnailed.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Now I kinda wanna make a 'color this art' thread. (Any idea how I'd find uncolored comic book pages by actually good pencilers/inkers?)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Dacap posted:

Reading Spider-Man's dialogue on that strip with Kermit's voice is pretty perfect

"Hi ho, Spider the Man here..."

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I was trying to find a suitable panel for the badass panels thread from the Star Trek comics. Instead, I found this:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Wow. That is one of the most aggressively unfunny things I've ever read.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I just realized that, quite aside from the whole 'Doom shedding a tear over an atrocity much smaller than he's used to committing' thing, that the narration is implying that the terrorists are not human. And not in the fun 'actually a Skrull' way.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

AfroSquirrel posted:

Running away from your fear = brave?

Hal's hacking the ring, apparently; maybe he's temporarily glitching its worthiness protocol.

Maybe he metaphorically hit it in the head a few times.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also theres a dedicated newspaper spiderman thread now.

The link, for those curious.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I have no idea where it's from, but I love it.

I wanna know what the Spider-Footnote says.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

The Newspaper Spider-Man thread is over here.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

In case anyone was unaware, there's a Newspaper Spider-Man thread. Mind you, my only objection to that being posted here is that this thread would become a clone of that thread in short order. :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Pacra posted:

Amazing X-Men 007

...is that Firestar?

*Googles*

It is! And that's Iceman being blown up by the space diaper! Yay! :neckbeard:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Alacron posted:

This was posted in the Touching Panels thread a while ago:

So, uh, is Gwenpool supposed to be an anti-fangirl treatise? Because the panels I've seen in this and other threads seem to be about half and half 'lol I'm so wacky' and 'you are hosed in the head', and I'm kind of wondering how long until she snaps and tries to destroy the Marvel Universe just so she can get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Dude, the piece of rebar is right there.