Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

That's from Fantastic Four Roast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

This... was the first sentai show with a giant robot. Power Rangers ultimately descends from this. :what:

And the first actual Super Sentai series with giant robots was Battle Fever J, which was originally planned to be a Japanese version of Captain America. This is why my crossover fanfic where Iron Fist is the Green Ranger is totally canon.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

a tree with pronounced breasts

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Selachian posted:

Let's not forget the Listener!

(okay, those are just *pictures* of ears all over his costume, but...)

is Blackhawk wearing a nametag

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

We need to like, pickle Mark Waid's brain before he starts to lose it and figure out how to program it to generate comic scripts in a perpetual nightmare.

We tried that already. We got Irredeemable.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Raygereio posted:

I love that at some point a desperate writer tried to handwave Magneto's mind-control powers by him controlling the iron in blood.

messed up that he had his daughter strip for him, imho

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
i want an x-men event that's Jeans of Future Past and it's just Wolverine travelling through time trying to find his favourite pair of jeans

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Not that I don't appreciate you guys' Jack Kirby fanfiction, but here's some Batman and Robin #39. Robin's hanging out in the big leagues ever since he came back to life (with superpowers). Shazam is a cool guy.

(I'll address your follow-up questions: He had superpowers because he was brought to life with weird New God poo poo, no one really knows why. He no longer has superpowers, he burnt them out.)

Captain Marvel saying 'rear end' is somehow hosed up beyond belief.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Is that a Destroyer Thor?

Desthoryer.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

DrProsek posted:

Stjepan Sejic did a small strip about Lois and Superman loving

That's probably the best qualification you can have for Rat Queens, really.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
My first comics were Impulse and Young Justice and I'm still salty as gently caress over what happened to those poor kids.

Impulse #50

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Keeshhound posted:

Was...was there ever a time when Supergirl wasn't his cousin? :gonk:

90s Supergirl was some kind of hosed up goo monster fused with a human woman but also an angel I think.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Avulsion posted:

Linda Danvers was the best Supergirl

Yeah but her origin story was super hosed up

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Achernar posted:

Why do robots even have a concept of gender?

so you can want to gently caress the truck without it being weird

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Old comic book ads are loving amazing.

did they use this same kid for all the old comic ads or just these two?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

KaosMachina posted:

This is comics, and we've gone through at least two timeline fuckery events since then, how is that a problem?

No-one cares about characters created for a one-off gay joke, probably.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Travis343 posted:

Does Batman ever put his hand down his tights like Al Bundy when he's sitting in the chair

Not in public. The man's a professional.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

prefect posted:

I don't know what they are, but Flash One Million has some triangles floating around him.

He's sponsored by Doritos. They're a tasty snack for when he needs a boost of energy to beat the bad guys.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Wade Wilson posted:

Is Black Adam telling that alien to suck his dick?

Attitude Era, baby.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Squizzle posted:

But Wolverine was chosen for the Weapon X project because of his healing factor, which allowed him to survive the process of glorping adamantium into his skellington. If Weapon Plus had been practiced at installing effective super-healing powers since back in the animal experiment days, there would have been no reason to choose Logan for Weapon X!
:goonsay:

Budget cuts, eh.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

Guy is probably the most stable and competent human green lantern. Think about that.

Never forget that Guy Gardner was a kind, caring teacher before meeting Hal Jordan and his current personality is (or at least was, I'm not exactly up on my GL continuity because gently caress Geoff Johns) because of severe brain damage, largely caused by Hal Jordan.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

Neal Adam forgets to introduce himself while he goes on a diatribe about how the earth is hollow and expanding.

the t-rex is getting closer

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Wait, is Deadpool an Avenger now? That seems like a poor decision.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I don't really see how Mettle can have junk since he's just a skeleton made of metal. Or if he does, what good it could possibly do him.

Even a skeleton man sometimes needs to get his bone on.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Are there any other teen/young adult legacies we could toss into a New Young Adjective Avengers team? (And no, the babby original X-Men don't count)

I want Rikki Barnes back. She was good fun despite being created in a massively lovely event.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Rerail, quickly!

do you think the hulk's dick gets all muscly and veiny like the rest of him when he transforms or is it a normal-size dick on a giant-size man

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

Well, now we know what Cody Rhodes's role next season of Arrow.

Yeah, he definitely threw a shitfit over being stuck playing Stardust in a bad tv show so he could go and play Stardust in a bad tv show.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Cangelosi posted:

Keep all baking sodas away from Starfire. That is all.

Does she drink all sodas by pouring them over her face?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Wait, Mark Millar wrote for loving Youngblood??

I'd say I've lost respect for him, but he did also write Trouble.

Come on, it's Mark loving Millar. It'd be more surprising if he hadn't written for Youngblood.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Elfface posted:

Not only is Spidey hilariously incompetent, so is Ant Man. Punch someone four times before actually seeing who they are.
He knew from the start who it was but if you get the chance to punch Newspaper Spider-Man, you take it.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They need to make a new superman comic where a past superman with all of his silver age powers is thrown into the present.

Superboy Prime loving sucks, though

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Coast to Coast overwrote all other Space Ghost continuities past, present, and future. There is no Space Ghost but Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

True

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Monaghan posted:

what superman didn't know is that Spider man is a master of hokuto no ken.

Supes is already dead.

the martial art is called hokuto shinken, you uncultured swine

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Has Pete done the large butt to block holes thing that trapdoor spiders do?

Asking for a friend

He has not displayed his super-badonkadonk-having powers yet, no.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Wait, how the hell did a mob boss's injection do that? That's so broadly defined and magical! It's like if an amateur chemist mixed some prescription drugs together and created the Green Lantern ring.

Amateur chemists mixing drugs together is how like half the DCU got their powers. Don't hate.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Didn't the original Flash get his powers by getting sleepy in the Chem Lab and mixing the wrong beakers?

3/4 of the Flashes have gained their powers this way, even if lightning was slightly involved for some of them.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

Remember when DC's biggest villain was a pissed off fanboy who ripped off peoples arms and punch their heads off?

I know Johns sucks but I wouldn't say he's an outright villain.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

prefect posted:

I thought she was Muslim, though. Gyros are for the Greek Orthodox.

I'm not Greek Orthodox and I eat them. Call the cops, I don't give a gently caress.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Why can't he just be Dr. Victorious or w/e instead of having to take up the name of another dude that he never really interacted with prior to Secret Wars anyhow?

A lot of people talked about Superior Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Inasmuch as I have a favorite thing about Avengers #200, it's that Jim Shooter has apparently developed traumatic amnesia about it and has no idea what happened there.

I can only assume that the gentlemen who are listed on the comic's masthead gathered one evening for an ether frolic and the comic was already at the printer by the time they sobered up.

Shooter was also the one who made Pym beat up Janet, and now claims it was a misunderstanding by the artist, so clearly all his Marvel writing was actually done by his Antimatter Universe counterpart.