Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you intend to order WK9?
This poll is closed.
PPV Live/On Demand ($34.95) 23 25.00%
NJPW World (¥999) 64 69.57%
Flipps App ($34.95) 5 5.43%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i'm so excited this is going to be the first time i stay up late enough to watch live instead of watching the next day or later. between ufc and this today is going to be great for fake fighting and pro wrestling

:hfive: I am so loving hype

HYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If only this poo poo came out when I was in my college years. I'd be stocking up on sodas and snacks and would be so ready to stay up until 6am.

I think I can maybe make it to 2 or 3 if I make a cup of coffee later on. This is gonna be a real test to my old man-ness.

At least we're in this together, fellow east coast goons!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

If only this poo poo came out when I was in my college years. I'd be stocking up on sodas and snacks and would be so ready to stay up until 6am.

I think I can maybe make it to 2 or 3 if I make a cup of coffee later on. This is gonna be a real test to my old man-ness.

gently caress yeah we are. My body is ready.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
gently caress it, I'm in. I'll just watch it again tomorrow with my six year old while we take the Christmas tree down.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Charter why won't you let me pay you money to let me watch a PPV :(

edit: oh because charter opted not to carry this. Well poo poo. I guess I can pirate a stream since I don't have any crazy smart tvs or consoles or smartphones for Flipps. :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

Central time goon here. I managed to make it through the G1 Climax Finals last summer, but last years Dome show I passed out in the Gracie match. Hopefully there are no lows like that tonight.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I don't really have any way to get it on my TV, so I'm going to try some advanced jackassery with a monitor cable going.

I've been sick for the past week, I'm just old enough to not be able to pull wild college all nighters, but gently caress it, 2am, I'm in.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Tonfa posted:

He's botchy but calling Yujiro worse than Fale or JJ is a stretch

i somehow missed the 'one team' part. i haven't seen jarrett wrestle in years but he was probably better 15 years ago at least?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Mukaikubo posted:

Charter why won't you let me pay you money to let me watch a PPV :(

edit: oh because charter opted not to carry this. Well poo poo. I guess I can pirate a stream since I don't have any crazy smart tvs or consoles or smartphones for Flipps. :(

I dunno about you, but my charter affiliate is airing live in SD (wants to run UFC 182 repeats on the HD feed) and then live in HD tomorrow night. Still watching it on NJPW World because Matt Striker makes me want to pop my eardrums.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Alright, finally got signed up for NJPW World. Drinking coffee and playing video games until my Japanese wrestlemans come on at 2am. Eh, it's a living.

EDIT

So this ring setup thing is just taped from earlier? It's neat.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Can I get odds that Honma will eat a JJ guitar shot and the pin? 1:100? 1000?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

voices of wrestling wrote this ebook on NJPW in 2014 if you want to catch up or get an introduction http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/njpw-ebook/

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

So Flipps turned out to be trash.
No live stream or Sunday replay on Xbox, Chromecast, and LG TVs.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I dunno about you, but my charter affiliate is airing live in SD (wants to run UFC 182 repeats on the HD feed) and then live in HD tomorrow night. Still watching it on NJPW World because Matt Striker makes me want to pop my eardrums.

Oh poo poo, that's weird; it's listed on the channel, but when I looked at the list of PPVs available to order it wasn't there, though it let me order it through the channel just fine. Thanks! I get to watch (tomorrow at 4 PM though, because I'm not an undergrad anymore)

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Mukaikubo posted:

Oh poo poo, that's weird; it's listed on the channel, but when I looked at the list of PPVs available to order it wasn't there, though it let me order it through the channel just fine. Thanks! I get to watch (tomorrow at 4 PM though, because I'm not an undergrad anymore)

I called Cox in SD and they said it's airing live here in SD (I'm not sure if that's a charter affiliate; I'm going to a friend's house and was checking for the good of the group). We're lucky I guess because I don't know anyone else watching live on cable :/

Anyway I am beyond stoked and if the walk up is solid it's selling out which is sick as gently caress. A new peak for the renaissance.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Watching on NJPW World. Would have sprung for JR and supporting GFW bringing over future shows but I don't see the live broadcast on Comcast.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

epitasis posted:

Watching on NJPW World. Would have sprung for JR and supporting GFW bringing over future shows but I don't see the live broadcast on Comcast.

Same. Tomorrow at 7PM is what it's listed at for me.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Well, the quest to stay up until 6am begins now, with the UFC prelims. I've got some 5 hour energy, some espresso, and I was able to take about an hour nap. Going to be a long one folks!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

6 hours to go ~~

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm so glad NJPW World exists. I've been catching up on shows from G1 Climax 24 since the launch and I haven't had a bad time watching any of the shows. I'm starting to skip over some guys or matches that seem to happen at every event, but that's about my only gripe.

I'm glad there's a pro-wrestling thing that has me excited like this again. I know I'll always watch WWE because I've watched it my entire life and it's always there, but NJPW is something I'm thoroughly enjoying.

Also, WHOA young Nakamura in this Power Struggle promo package!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I seriously always find charismaless Nakumura to be an absolute mindfuck. I watched some of his matches at the time so I know it was a real thing that happened, but now my brain can't reconcile it with who he has become.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The timer on the World site says WK9 is 18 hours away. But by my count it's only about 5? What's going on?

Also I finally decided to check out Matt Striker's recap vids. First one I clicked was Sakuraba/Suzuki and I couldn't make it two minutes. Dude spends the first minute talking about political correctness and then starts talking about the match making sick burns on the ivory tower elites. loving insufferable.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 4, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what timer where

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh I found it. huh that's weird. maybe it's some script based off your pc clock or something and it's assuming a japanese time zone idk

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Just changed my clock to Tokyo time to check, fixes the issue. Huh, weird thing to base your timer off of.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

C. Everett Koop posted:

Can I get odds that Honma will eat a JJ guitar shot and the pin? 1:100? 1000?

I think you'll find that Honma will win The Big One and 60,000 Honmaniacs are gonna run wild

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the real question here is WILL TANAHASHI KICK OUT OF THE RAINMAKER

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm very tempted to order this, but don't know if I'll be able to stay up for the whole thing, and I work tomorrow at 10. That's central time, so it doesn't end until 5 for me...

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I'm all ordered up and ready to go. Endless cans of soda and pizza are keeping me going.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm betting he does. If it was going to happen anytime, it would be now.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I really want to pay to watch this but I only have a computer no television. Is there not a way to stream the north american version just on your laptop?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm very tempted to order this, but don't know if I'll be able to stay up for the whole thing, and I work tomorrow at 10. That's central time, so it doesn't end until 5 for me...

I signed up for NJPW World so I can watch it tomorrow morning because I can't gently caress my sleep schedule that much.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NickRoweFillea posted:

It seems like guys kick out of what seem like big moves a lot. At least, they kick out and the crowd goes banana. Has anyone actually kicked out of the Rainmaker before?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I signed up for NJPW World so I can watch it tomorrow morning because I can't gently caress my sleep schedule that much.

If I get it with that Flipp thing they let you watch it for 2 or 3 days after On Demand, so if I pass out in the middle of it I can watch the rest then. I might pull the trigger.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Phenix Rising posted:

It seems like guys kick out of what seem like big moves a lot. At least, they kick out and the crowd goes banana. Has anyone actually kicked out of the Rainmaker before?

tanahashi did back during the invasion attack 2013 match where okada won 2nd iwgp title

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

Tanahashi has twice after VERY delayed pinfall attempts. No one has kicked out out of Rainmaker + normal pinfall.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

skip work imo

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm so glad that this show is going to be good because I need it because of the goddamn Ravens.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm so glad that this show is going to be good because I need it because of the goddamn Ravens.

:smith:

just got home to catch the last three UFC fights, I am watching way too much TV tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyone watching this?
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/puroresushop

• Locked thread