Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamsque
May 31, 2009

New roster, same salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
What is up with the D2L? Shouldn't it have started by now? Are they all sitting in a ballroom in Vegas doing nothing?

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Elyv posted:

apparently the doors opened an hour late, no one really knows why

Let's blame someone. Who do we hate this week? Shame LD isn't associated with this event.

Stream just went up, showing a schedule that has the first match starting an hour and a half ago.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Ayesee is just a big jolly dude in a hat with silly catchphrases, I can't hate him.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

totalnewbie posted:

I don't understand why these people are STILL so massively inept. Haven't they had enough time to learn, yet? It's so unbelievable.

This tournament is effectively being run by Twitch and Amazon, remember.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Eejit posted:

It's at CES, I'm sure there are a lot of people who haven't watched any or a lot of pro Dota in the past and are hype for everything

If you aren't going to get hype and shout why are you even going to a live event? This isn't golf, get loving loud.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
The first game for C9 with their new lineup is on BTS right now, Misery and BigDaddyN0tail have replaced Aui and PieLieDie as expected.

I just noticed that Team Tinker has their first DAC qualifier in two days, do we have any idea what their lineup will be? Ar1se joining full time perhaps?

Jamsque fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 6, 2015

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

i really hope that arise isnt available and they have to sub in tucker

or even better, presvu

Nightstalker is back in the meta, it's tucker's time to shine.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Brain Fog posted:

Was at d2l sitting next to Sheever for the first series. She spent the whole time explaining to another girl what every ability did.

Was the other lady Anna Prosser-Robinson, the one doing the post-match interviews? She's worked a bunch of Starcraft events in the past but she doesn't really know Dota 2.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Hot Team Tinker roster rumours, EGM and pajkatt out waytosexy and Ar1se in, tucker and bangfish still bridesmaids.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Khagan posted:

What position was N0tail playing for Secret, 4 or 5?

5, I think puppey has always played farming support.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It was terrible he was talking about how he "Heard" juggernaut goes shadowblade in the jungle, and I guess forgot that jungle juggernaut was a thing that Lanm created at ti4. Jugg never went shadowblade he was just completely talking out of his rear end. Also when he forgot about the gold border buyback on the death counter. How do you not know that in 2015? He is so bad.

Merlini also didn't know the gold border thing on a cast last week and that dude makes loving patch note videos.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Let's talk about how DAC immediately became the de facto second major in the Dota 2 pro calendar, and how there is going to be some sort of knock-down drag-out fight between Starladder, Dreamleague and ESL to decide whose tournament gets to be the EU major.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Sing is really not very good at playing support

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Techies picked in Secret vs Cloud9

Bruno thinks it will be Zai

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Joda posted:

Are there any on-site streams of the crowd online? I assume they're playing live in front of an audience.

http://www.huomaotv.com/live/99

Runs like poo poo for me though, maybe one of those buttons will let you turn the quality down but I can't figure it out.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
First shaker pick for secret in this tournament. 1-0 strats.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Axe not banned or picked yet, what is going on.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXqVYcNr6Y

Similarities to TI4 keep piling up, half-empty venue with minimal crowd excitement! Yeah!

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Majuju posted:

except TI4 was packed and hype as gently caress when the major games were happening

I was using hyperbole. I still don't agree with you though, I was there and I felt like the arena was only full on the last day and only really loud when EG was playing. I didn't go to any of the Benaroyo TIs but watching those it seemed like the crowd was WAY more engaged (smaller venue obviously helps that).

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
The games in this tournament were loving great. I am looking forward to returning to a normal sleep schedule.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Geight posted:

The big thing about that is before the 4th (or 3rd?) death for Sumail, he killed witch doctor a split-second before he died, which actually gave him a pretty sizable chunk of XP and some reliable gold, and got the ball rolling for his comeback. I think VG just underestimated how easy it is to bounce back from being camped at mid, and also underestimated just how good Sumail is on Storm Spirit.

I've been thinking a lot about this and about how the comeback mechanics have affected the meta. There were not very many long games at DAC and I think at least part of the reason is that teams have moved away from the 'if ahead get more ahead' strategy that was standard for a long time and now seem to operate more along the lines of 'if ahead try to win now'. We saw Secret in particular (but also Big God and EG) pushing highground very early on in games even when they were close to even on net worth and only had a minor advantage in ultimate cooldowns or positioning. Part of this is down to those teams just expecting that they can outplay their weaker opponents in an uphill fight but I think it's also partly because building up a huge advantage is a LOT more risky than it used to be.

Trading kills for barracks at 25 minutes gives a lot less gold and XP to your opponent than out-farming them for a further ten or fifteen minutes and then making the same trade.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Clearly gunning for that Team Liquid sponsorship before TI5 with the name.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
1437 is coaching Secret right now, isn't he? I bet he makes more doing that than he would playing for a third or fourth tier EU/NA team.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Kainser posted:

I think the TI5 invites might end up being more controversial than usual.

I wonder if there will be fewer direct invites and more qualifier spots than previous years.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Alliance won a game! With Loda playing Bulldog's hero, no less.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

TheRat posted:

Pajkatt's sniper vs PR ended up on 27-5-10 :stare:

E: Apparently singsing and CWM are doing something together to try and make a team for ESL?

SingSing Neqroman ComeWithMe SexyBamboe MyNuts. I'll be amazed if they make it through qualifiers.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

TheRat posted:

At least there's some proper support players in there this time. Who's Neqroman? Never heard of him.

E: Looks like he's a mid player? Does that mean singsing is going 1. role?

I'd never heard of him before today either, looks like he's been playing with Moscow Five International alongside PGG and 'sQreens Squad' with watafaka and Ars-Art.

Who the gently caress knows what Sing will do, his last few TT matches he was playing 4 or 5 position and I think he stood in as a support for some other team recently.

[edit] Farming tree alert? ASUS.Polar are running him safelane against Team Tinker in Dotapit right now, he has 23 CS at 4 minutes. Are we finally gonna see the ags rush tree in a pro game?

Jamsque fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 19, 2015

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Gonna be pre-15 minutes unless he dies, just needs the point booster

13 minute aghanim's scepter with one death, I hope these jungle stacks are for him and not morphling.

Jamsque fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 19, 2015

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Powershot and midnight pulse are keeping the Forest Eyes mostly on ASUS.Polar's side of the map.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
I'm a little underwhelmed with the refresher timing, I wanted to see some really insane farm speeds.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Tree has great rightclick in the early game so I think it's faster to just give him a lane and farm the aghs straight up rather than going midas first.

I looked on datdota and this is the third pro game with Treant Aghanims. The first one was 7ckingmad and he went a very strange build, got aghs at 23 minutes and then built force staff, AC and Halberd (the game went 60+ minutes). The second looks like it was a troll, Lil had midas-vlads-blink and sold it all at the end of the game to pick up a scepter.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
loving love these ASUS.Polar drafts.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
I guess those were the first two games for Water Boys even thought their in-game team is still Tinkerino. Off to a great start.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Next match in Major All Stars is Empire vs Asus.Polar, should be really good. Almost a CIS 'Clįsico' at this point.

Polar have actually lost the last five series they've played against Empire which surprises me.

Jamsque fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 24, 2015

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

TheRat posted:

Singstack are now in the main qualifiers for ESL.

I'm a little sad that the team called Burden United doesn't have Excaliburden on it

Hell, I'm sad that Excalibur doesn't have a squad right now at all. He was really exciting to watch for a second there last year.

Jamsque fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 25, 2015

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Goetta posted:

Pushing back the stream and in-game delay to a time where pausing wouldn't matter easily solves the problem. It seems sort of lazy by Valve and all the studios that this is actually possible.

Most broadcasters run a 2 or 5 minute delay for exactly this reason, the English broadcasters were doing this for the Canada Cup but the Spanish casters weren't and that's the stream UG were cheating with.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Ragingsheep posted:

All the tournament organizers know that its hats that sell tickets and most people don't care about the number of games or whatever. The only reason they do these long-rear end qualifiers is that sponsors still think that the quality of the tournament is determined by the number of games.

Sponsors don't think the 'quality' of the tournament is determined by the number of games, I doubt they even care about 'quality' in the sense I think you meant it. They care about how many eyeballs their logos and ads will reach and more games means more eyeballs. It's pretty reasonable for a tournament sponsor to want more games.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Ragingsheep posted:

lol Arteezy got busted for being on Twitch chat during a match.

A remarkably stupid thing to do the day after a team got banned for stream sniping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Sumail is going to grow up so weird playing with two of the nicest guys and two of the biggest assholes in professional Dota.

And with loving Charlie Monolith Yang as surrogate father figure oh man.

• Locked thread