Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate
I hope BTS sends Zyori to China again so we can have a great tournament like DAC where he cast zero games. Make this happen, LD.

(I know there's nothing going on in China for TS3 I just want Zyori thousands of miles away from the tournament in a smog rich environment)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

mikeraskol posted:

Refute implies that you actually said anything worth a drat that could possibly be refuted other than pulling random poo poo out of your rear end about how you think EE behaves during C9 matches.

But if I must, 5th/6th at TI4, 5th/6th at DAC, consistently near the top of most major tournaments, players specifically wanting to join the team.

Edit: This is not me saying that C9 100% doesn't have leadership problems, or that they can't do better (I think they can). I just think this thread throws out some wild, stupid poo poo about C9.

i didn't say poo poo about envy's team or can you not read

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Goetta posted:

Lots of teams are picking Spirit Breaker lately and winning with him. I wonder if he is legit really good or people need to figure out how to play against him

Probably more the latter, because he's one of those heroes like broodmother, techies, tinker, etc that just changes the entire dynamic of the game. A lot of other heroes are somewhat interchangeable because they fill similar functions and have similar strengths/weaknesses, but playing against the aforementioned heroes means you have to kind of change your entire playstyle. SB doesn't have as big an effect as, say, techies or brood, but it's definitely there.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Goetta posted:

Lots of teams are picking Spirit Breaker lately and winning with him. I wonder if he is legit really good or people need to figure out how to play against him

This is the manliest meta and Spirit Breaker is among the manliest of heroes.

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

Caddrel posted:

It weird since they're both play-by-play guys, so some of the time you hear good casting and the rest is Zyori making GBS threads it up. This M5 vs PR game is particularly bad from him.

He was talking about how poor Nightstalker was and suggested he go to Harlem to prostitute himself. In my head I kept hearing, "NIGHTSTALKER, STREETWALKER."

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Taffer posted:

The entire point of qualifiers are to let the unknowns/unsures prove who's better. That is fine and good. But now every tournament wants to just sell hats so they have really long qualifiers (and now PRE-qualifiers) where even the best teams have to play all of the poo poo-tier teams just to play in the real tournament.

All the tournament organizers know that its hats that sell tickets and most people don't care about the number of games or whatever. The only reason they do these long-rear end qualifiers is that sponsors still think that the quality of the tournament is determined by the number of games.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Ragingsheep posted:

All the tournament organizers know that its hats that sell tickets and most people don't care about the number of games or whatever. The only reason they do these long-rear end qualifiers is that sponsors still think that the quality of the tournament is determined by the number of games.

Sponsors don't think the 'quality' of the tournament is determined by the number of games, I doubt they even care about 'quality' in the sense I think you meant it. They care about how many eyeballs their logos and ads will reach and more games means more eyeballs. It's pretty reasonable for a tournament sponsor to want more games.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
UG has been banned from MLG/joindota league.

Disband inc

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ragingsheep posted:

longer tournament = more stream time = more viewers = more money

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

http://esportsexpress.com/2015/02/union-gaming-intentionally-broke-rules-to-raise-awareness-of-stream-cheating/

quote:

Since the incident against Summoner’s Rift, Union Gaming has been banned from Canada Cup and omitted from The Summit 3 pre-qualifiers. In addition, Beyond the Summit has announced additional protections against stream cheating, increasing the broadcaster delay from five minutes to three months, a delay that also appears to have affected their qualifier invites.
:lol:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

pretty much all of their dota articles are fantastic. the harry potter thing they've got going isn't always as funny but their dedication to it is pretty impressive

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
LD called PPD out on their dumb talk show thing about how EG looked like poo poo before DAC (when the invites were done) and how for a lot of NA teams just taking a game off EG is a big thing for them etc

Expect the salt to flow soon over that too

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

LD called PPD out on their dumb talk show thing about how EG looked like poo poo before DAC (when the invites were done) and how for a lot of NA teams just taking a game off EG is a big thing for them etc

i dont think ppd cares much about what ld says after winning his second $1million prize from a tourney in the last year

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Luna Was Here posted:

i dont think ppd cares much about what ld says after winning his second $1million prize from a tourney in the last year

It's PPD, of course he cares.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Wasn't that like 5 days ago? I think he probably wouldve said something by now if he was going to. Or was there another one

Edit: oh there was a special one today. I hope it's on you tube quick so I can head this argument

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 27, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Luna Was Here posted:

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

What talk show is this?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

CampingCarl posted:

What talk show is this?

In The Studio

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Oh that. Just a reminder that the GD show still isn't happening.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

CampingCarl posted:

Oh that. Just a reminder that the GD show still isn't happening.

Its unfortunate GD studio is done with DOTA and seems to have pretty much ruined most of their careers except Bruno and Pyrion

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Wezlar posted:

Its unfortunate GD studio is done with DOTA and seems to have pretty much ruined most of their careers except Bruno and Pyrion
They just all play dota instead of talk about it and still make lots of money I guess. They just don't have motivation to make content. Pyrion isn't part of the GD studio.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Pyrionflax is part of the Goon Minecraft collective/Crowdfunding scammers The Yogscast

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Pflax is the best.

What we need is more pflax.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

funmanguy posted:

Pflax is the best.

PF is good and all, but the fact that he comes bundled with Shane really helps him out a lot.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I will continue to trumpet the Pyrion/Shane/Blitz Newb cast till I rot.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Bad Moon posted:

I will continue to trumpet the Pyrion/Shane/Blitz Newb cast till I rot.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hope we get more newb cast at TI5 because that was the best cast.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

LD called PPD out on their dumb talk show thing about how EG looked like poo poo before DAC (when the invites were done)

????

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

Wezlar posted:

Its unfortunate GD studio ... seems to have pretty much ruined most of their careers except Bruno and Pyrion

what lol just because theyre not in dota (hint weppas still is lmao) doesnt mean their careers are ruined dear lord

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

gangnam reference posted:

what lol just because theyre not in dota (hint weppas still is lmao) doesnt mean their careers are ruined dear lord

DEAR LORD!

I think it was a clear exaggeration but almost none of their casters are actually doing any casting which is lovely. Hopefully they're not literally unemployed in the poor house.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

poo poo thread poo poo poster zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

none of their casters are doing any casting cause they got draskyl who either doesnt want to cast or still asks for too much and then a bunch of people who do other games so??

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

give me euhub lol! kittens and keepo!

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Zurreco posted:

PF is good and all, but the fact that he comes bundled with Shane really helps him out a lot.

Wait, you actually think Shane brings anything to anything? Hes living off being a dude who sounds vaguely like pflax.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Firebatgyro posted:

being a dude who sounds vaguely like pflax.

Haha wow you are dumb and deaf.

Im a big fat retard American and the lard in my ears stops me knowing what accents are *crams spam burger into gross nerdface*

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I like telling Irish dudes they sound like English just to bust their chops.

Just like Aussies sound like the English :colbert:

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

What he called him out on is PPD's side point (in addition to 'we stomp all NA Quals') talking about how he's 'concerned for the health of the NA scene and that is why EG needs a direct invite', because that doesn't make sense if you have two NA Qualifier slots. Or his concern that 'playing any games before the LAN will just kill the hype, ruining esports' or whatever.

PPD has an obvious and practical incentive to want to play less games for more money and doesn't want to have to bother with qualifiers but that doesn't mean people are obliged to give in just because he bitches. It comes out to EG playing like, 3 Bo3s if they don't blow it. That isn't exactly playing 80 games over the course of two months.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wezlar posted:

DEAR LORD!

I think it was a clear exaggeration but almost none of their casters are actually doing any casting which is lovely. Hopefully they're not literally unemployed in the poor house.

Mmmm maybe because there is no dream hack. Also 2gd is making a game.

You're an idiot.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
GD studio is collecting all the best casters and then not casting any games, to kill Dota so James' game gets more people playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

GD studio is collecting all the best casters and then not casting any games, to kill Dota so James' game gets more people playing it

• Locked thread