Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ahoy gamers! What is Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell? Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is After the space faring antics of Saints Row IV, many fans asked what we could do next… the answer? Shoot The Devil in the face. Play as either Johnny Gat or Kinzie Kensington as you tear apart Hell in a quest to save the leader of the Saints’ soul. Historical icons, old friends, older enemies, a talking gun, a full length musical number, and a whole lot of other shenanigans all await you in the open world standalone expansion playground that is Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell. Set sail for fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Are there any Meat Loaf refs. Hell if the song Bat out of hell is in there at all I'll buy it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

You can drive around in a recliner that shoots homing rockets.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i will play as kinzie

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

but i would rather play as the boss tbh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This sounds awesome apart from the bit where Saints Row 3 and 4 suck rear end.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This opinion is correct apart from the bit where Saints Row 3 and 4 suck rear end.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mach2 posted:

This opinion is correct apart from the bit where Saints Row 3 and 4 suck rear end.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

*the Lovable Plutonis shoots knuc into smithereens with the mother-loving dubstep gun*

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i liked SR4, because it felt like an entirely different game

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

i liked SR4, because it felt like an entirely different game

SR3 and 4 are good in their own ways.

i just wish the gunplay was stronger like GTA's. it feels like you're firing variations of squirt guns the whole game, the explosive weapons being the only exception

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

SR3 and 4 are good in their own ways.

i just wish the gunplay was stronger like GTA's. it feels like you're firing variations of squirt guns the whole game, the explosive weapons being the only exception

like no individual part of saints row is fun but it all comes together into being kinda ok

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to gently caress Kenzie.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit: Kinzie.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

like no individual part of saints row is fun but it all comes together into being kinda ok

True....they arent rly very funny either.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

True....they arent rly very funny either.

yea

but i dont think its obnoxious like most games failing at being funny, again its just kinda ok

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

*the Lovable Plutonis shoots knuc into smithereens with the mother-loving dubstep gun*

When the smoke clears you are stunned to find I have blocked it with le epic dragon age inquisition monkeycheese shield.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sharts Row: Twat out of Fail.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Taints Blow: The Turd.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

is this a joke from the games

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Alain Post posted:

Sharts Row: Twat out of Fail.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

saints row 2 has a special place in my heart but 4 was very good imo. 3 wasnt that great though. i like all of the character interaction. i'll buy this

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i accept what saints row is

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
i unironically like all saints rowses.

thanks for listening.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

oh baby let the saints flow :gizz:

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Saints Row 2 was really good, the rest belong in the trash.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

slingshot effect posted:

i unironically like all saints rowses.

thanks for listening.

same

not the first one though

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
drat I love the one where you get to spray stuff with the poop... holy poo poo, no pun intended. These guys really "went there"

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I liked 3. Superjumping in 4 was very good, and the last time I played a game with good superjumping (my favo. superpower) was City of Heroes. But, 4 was also just more of 3 but with meh powers, and wasn't very funny at all, namely when it used a literal decade+ old meme very early on. A weak game.

I amn't looking forward to this game, sad to say.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Press F To Eat Waffles.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Press F To Eat Waffles.

i will say that this loving owned

the second you start moving and the boss starts doing that super exaggerated jig-walk was probably funnier than anything in 3, but the rest of the game doesn't keep up anything close to as good as it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

i will say that this loving owned

the second you start moving and the boss starts doing that super exaggerated jig-walk was probably funnier than anything in 3, but the rest of the game doesn't keep up anything close to as good as it

i think all of 4 is hilarious

3 is pretty good but it just doesn't have poo poo on 2, even though 2 looked and performed like poo poo.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think all of 4 is hilarious

3 is pretty good but it just doesn't have poo poo on 2, even though 2 looked and performed like poo poo.

i haven't played 2 but that's because i've only ever heard its praises sung by people who thought it Really Had The Balls to make the boss an unrepentant lunatic instead of a remorseful GTA protag but seeing as I've literally never gotten bent out of shape about the mission/free roam divide in personality in GTA idk if it would stick out to me. also anyone who gets peeved by :siren:LUDONARRATIVE DISSONANCE:siren: tends to have bad opinions to begin with, so

i liked 3 because it really felt like it was just having a lot of fun with itself without being too Wacky like i thought 4 got at times. it was very over the top, but there was kind of an overarching aesthetic to it that i felt got a little diluted in 4.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

if you're not cool with revenge killings, burying asians alive, and beheading voodoo zombies then sr2 -- and life -- is not for you

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

net cafe scandal posted:

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

if you're not cool with revenge killings, burying asians alive, and beheading voodoo zombies then sr2 -- and life -- is not for you

i have different power fantasies, such as home ownership, which is why i play games such as animal crossing

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
They should call the "Awesome Button" the "Rape Button" because it rapes my mind with an overdose of awesomeness every time I press it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Sir AIDS posted:

They should call the "Awesome Button" the "Rape Button" because it rapes my mind with an overdose of awesomeness every time I press it.

Rape is offensive to most people, Sir AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Rape is offensive to most people, Sir AIDS.

This

Also saints row owns sorry to those of you who do not enjoy a fun time

• Locked thread