Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I just finished the last season 3 episode last night. My one complaint for the season is Chayton lived probably 2 and a half episodes too long. The tent scene defanged him and after that it was just me wanting them to get on with it and kill him.

Also Gordon seemed way too willing to just kill a bunch of soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ideally they would have that scene earlier in an episode and kill him at the end then.

By stretching it out so long Chayton's aura just disappeared. He wasn't a threat anymore, it was like Hood finally putting down an old sick animal. If they had been meaning to do that, or were trying to make a statement about revenge or something then fine, but that's not what they did.

And it didn't help that a guy the size of Geno Segers looks silly running around.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also contrary to the usual TV depictions the military, even special forces, don't receive very much hand to hand training.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

life is killing me posted:

That depends. We trained once a week in combatives which drew a lot from BJJ. Once a week isn't comprehensive by any means, but almost every soldier has SOME training in it, some more than others. Some soldiers did BJJ so much it became pretty much their job and they competed in Army competitions. As to SOF, they'll receive more training than the average person; Navy SEALs get decent hand to hand training, as do SFOD-D. I couldn't say to what extent because I was neither of those nor was I part of any SOF, but close combat training is part of their overall training moreso than any conventional forces. The show is of course blowing it out of proportion as to Hood's fighting skills for entertaining purposes, but still.

I meant that "Special Forces" is used as a shortcut to mean "Can keep up with Green Arrow and the League of Assassins" on TV.

• Locked thread