Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Last Chance posted:

2015. year of weird dithered boxes on top of video??

WATCH LIVE TV CNN GO insteqd of bigger heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phoenixan posted:

modern web design...in firefox.

lol

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012
Pretty good as far as news websites go I guess

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm seriously considering subscribing to a newspaper and go full-on dad-style in the morning eating breakfast and reading it. any rare chance i look through one, i find it to have news that's a lot more interesting and informative with better writing. there's also no annoying distractions to waste my time or videos that autoplay

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeah and you can also start hoarding them. and one day they will hopefully collapse and crush u to death

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

lol if you don't have a NY times digital subscription

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

pram posted:

yeah and you can also start hoarding them. and one day they will hopefully collapse and crush u to death

:unsmigghh:

Squinty Applebottom posted:

someone told me this is the best newspaper ever. i think it's 200 something a year in physical form, but i dunno it would be pretty weird on my e-reader to navigate through all that poo poo i imagine

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i drove my mother crazy rattling off the RDA of riboflavin in my morning chex or w/e until she got a subscription to the paper

then she got the dow jones average and select classifieds

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Jonny 290 posted:

i drove my mother crazy rattling off the RDA of riboflavin in my morning chex or w/e until she got a subscription to the paper

then she got the dow jones average and select classifieds

HE'S DOING IT AGAIN!! WHY IS HE SO OBSESSED WITH NUTRITION INFORMATION!!??

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

what's the deal with all the colorless imagery/design?

theyre mourning your posts

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

the latest yosemite

ship teh gaza strip

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
omg who cares

who cares

why are you posting about this you enormous sperglords

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i'm seriously considering subscribing to a newspaper and go full-on dad-style in the morning eating breakfast and reading it. any rare chance i look through one, i find it to have news that's a lot more interesting and informative with better writing. there's also no annoying distractions to waste my time or videos that autoplay

i did this for the same reasons but also because i felt bad for the lady selling them from a card table in walgreens. i got two papers a week and i ended up never reading them and then they auto-renewed me and started calling asking for their twelve bucks. it was really sad

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Squinty Applebottom posted:

literally just canceled my subscription because i was never reading the paper

it is really good if you spend the time to actually read it though, better than these blog news sources

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i really loving hate sites that make their header scroll down with the content why is this a thing thats been happening more and more recently

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

i really loving hate sites that make their header scroll down with the content why is this a thing thats been happening more and more recently

so you can find more content! how else are you going to find MORE CONTENT!?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Phoenixan posted:

i find a lot of modern web design is more manageable when i zoom out to roughly 80% zoom in firefox.

same except douse the laptop in petrol and start a dumpster fire

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

why would you read cnn lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ohhhhh ya gotta load up cnn in between al jazeera viewings

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Beeftweeter posted:

we reinvented frames, but with css and JavaScript

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

this makes me loving itch

ars technica is really bad, the entire header including the logo scrolls down, then after some arbitrary amount of time it shrinks to just the menubar portion

blech

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

ars technica is really bad, the entire header including the logo scrolls down, then after some arbitrary amount of time it shrinks to just the menubar portion

blech

ahaha dang

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

it makes a little more sense on sites like facebook where there's a notification bar (wouldn't want to miss a birthday). but ya

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 393 days!
if you really have to do that then just keep a little mouseover tab so it doesnt take up a whole ton of screen real estate, at least

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I use frames

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the lovely thing is you can't just go there and get like the top 15 stories at a glance

cnn.com was still bad for that before

now it's like one huge image and other oversized graphics to push as many headlines as possible off my screen so i have to focus on that one story they're pushing really hard right now.

digg.com supremacy

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

most local papers are 80% ap licensed contents anyway. smh at journalism these days.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
CNN is a joke, although the international version is probably better.

Commercials, talking heads.

And lol let me type in the zip code to my redneck strip mall enclave on twitter when there's poo poo going down outside the world of make believe.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

theadder posted:

i have no idea

it's in my circle of 3 things to check up on that never ends: SA, Facebook and CNN. i usually end on CNN right before i go to bed and it's almost always really depressing

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

theadder posted:

what do you read op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i was teh editor of my community college newspaper :smug: :smuggo:

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

everyone should read the guardian not whatever trash they currently do

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

my stepdads beer posted:

everyone should read the guardian not whatever trash they currently do

i cant loving read you cocksucker

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

most local papers are 80% ap licensed contents anyway. sydney morning herald at journalism these days.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

most local papers are 80% ap licensed contents anyway. smh at journalism these days.

who gives a gently caress about local interests anyway

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Fabricated posted:

what do you read op

a lot of stuff imo

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

PuTTY riot