Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

close thread for LF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

The news ticker is a pretty bad web-dev hack, Safari is like 30-40% idle. Even I can do better than that.

I guess Google broke their developer tools again as I cannot see the ticker elements scrolling :crossarms:

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 16, 2015

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

MrMoo posted:

The news ticker is a pretty bad web-dev hack, Safari is like 30-40% idle. Even I can do better than that.

I guess Google broke their developer tools again as I cannot see the ticker elements scrolling :crossarms:

they use a hacked marquee tag (very deprecated) that's controlled by javascript

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I think they have a different implementation under the TV feed (that is probably Flash), the home page was easy to find, not a marquee element, and the left attribute constantly changing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 16, 2015

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
http://www.cnn.com/MAPS/9607/search.map?24,12

what the heck is this

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
and why do those redirects still work lmao

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

MrMoo posted:

I think they have a different implementation under the TV feed, the home page was easy to find, not a marquee element, and the left attribute constantly changing.

yeah i was just kidding. sorry

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I'm not sure about a ticket on a website. its makes sense with a thing that's more static, like a TV. but on a webpage?

I guess I will never rally know cause the site is so unusable either way that I'm never going there again 😃

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

PleasureKevin posted:

I'm not sure about a ticket on a website. its makes sense with a thing that's more static, like a TV. but on a webpage?

I guess I will never rally know cause the site is so unusable either way that I'm never going there again 😃

The news implementation is pretty stupid, it preloads 30-odd headlines to rotate through, so it is all smoke and mirrors you won't see any new breaking headlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
tech news headlines are kinda wacky today

• Locked thread