Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is liberation maiden or crimson shroud good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
Crimson shroud was decent.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
how's that legend of korra game? never watched the show but videos make it look like Bayonetta Jr.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
is dead space good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

is liberation maiden or crimson shroud good

both are really good and cheap

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Popular Human posted:

how's that legend of korra game? never watched the show but videos make it look like Bayonetta Jr.
it's an okay platinum thing but it has a really dumb minigame and isnt all that compelling

it feels like they got four random guys to do it off in a corner while the rest of them got laid and made bayo2

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Popular Human posted:

It's shorter than Bayonetta but pretty good. Def. A Platinum game

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

is dead space good

It's pretty good. I liked 1 better than 2. It's basically just a third person action game with light horror elements, though. Don't expect it to be a straight up horror game. Never played 3.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i havent played any dead space game but from what ive heard secondhand 3 went into full-on cover shooter territory and abandoned the horror altogether

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
best part about dead space is shooting monster arms off with the plasma cutter. it feels really good. hitting a monster about to pounce on you with stasis is real fun and nice too.

you can also make an excitable friend play the first couple of chapters and watch them flip the gently caress out. that's fun too.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
ill just make a new thread for every game i want to know about like a normal human, OP

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

liberation maiden

Do you like shoot em ups? It's that but in 3D, i beat it in an hour and a half, but there's a few difficulty options. And half of playing a shoot em up is replaying the same game arcade style anyways.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

woofbro posted:

Do you like shoot em ups? It's that but in 3D, i beat it in an hour and a half, but there's a few difficulty options. And half of playing a shoot em up is replaying the same game arcade style anyways.

I thought it was pretty fun for something i bought for less than five dollars

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is Lisa any good?

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I thought it was pretty fun for something i bought for less than five dollars

I was super dry. I thought it was great, just wished it was longer!

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Since they're on sale, has anyone The Legend of Korra game or Dangan Ronpa 2? I'm interested in the Korra game because it's made by Platinum and they rule, but it didn't get good reviews and I've never watched the show. I like visual novels such as Phoenix Wright and I read the Let's Play of Dangan Ronpa 1 which seemed cool, but I'm not sure if the second one is worth it and I would like some Imp feedback.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Korra's probably the worst game platinum's done, but it's still kinda ok, I would play any other platinum game over it though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the answer to all the question sis no

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

No Such Thing posted:

Korra's probably the worst game platinum's done, but it's still kinda ok, I would play any other platinum game over it though.

mad world is probalby worse

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
i shatn be palying it as its absed on a gay western anime

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

mad world is probalby worse

MW at least had music to fall back on. And better aesthetics really, Korra is surprisingly plain. The gameplay is better in Korra though

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
dead space 1 and 2 are both pretty good. I like 2 more because it has some cool varied settings. Dead space 3 is warmed over crap but is worth playing I guess if you're trapped in asiberian prison with nothing but a pc and an origin account though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

No Such Thing posted:

MW at least had music to fall back on. And better aesthetics really, Korra is surprisingly plain. The gameplay is better in Korra though

true

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hoodrich posted:

faek anime makes me sick

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

It's pretty good. I liked 1 better than 2. It's basically just a third person action game with light horror elements, though. Don't expect it to be a straight up horror game. Never played 3.
3 is only worth a playthrough if you've got a co-op partner.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
my favorite part about ds 3 was that isaac would get like knocked off a cliff or something in a cutscene and then other guy would just be there. Isaac and other guy had the best love story in videogame history.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I liked 3 alone, but a partner is definitely good to have.

The Contact Beam breaks the game, though. Me and my friend were making a large profit on ammo using it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IMO, while I respect the right of the OP to make this thread, I think you should always just make a new thread for this, instead.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I just remembered that in Dead Space 2 they had Isaac talk and he had some epic action movie lines. It's fun, but it moves further away from the horror stuff.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Silver Striker posted:

I just remembered that in Dead Space 2 they had Isaac talk and he had some epic action movie lines. It's fun, but it moves further away from the horror stuff.

isaac talking owns

in 2 he's just kind of angry and disoriented and upset

in 3 he's just pissed off and tired of it so when people try to freak out he's like "Okay, stay away from vents, cut off their limbs" and hangs up

at one point instead of giving a telekinesis tutorial during an area where you're probably low on ammo he whips out the video from the dead guy in 2 and lets it play for his teammates

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dead Space 3 is really, really terrible but it was kind of fun as a co-op game, lolling w/ a pal @ how bad the writing was.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Hoodrich posted:

actually, yeah Korra is gay now thank you for being open to others

re:chat if you haven't watched the show you might not have as much fun since it takes place between seasons 3 and 4 or something. It's fun if you like Platinum but if you liked and understand the other game's predecessor maybe go for that.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Silver Striker posted:

the velociratpor things were really cool

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Alain Post posted:

Dead Space 3 is really, really terrible but it was kind of fun as a co-op game, lolling w/ a pal @ how bad the writing was.

It's really disappointing how they rapidly ruined the series.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Silver Striker posted:

Dead Space 2 was probably better than the first gameplay-wise, at least up until the end, but these are story-driven resident evil games and the way they did it was embarrassing.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like a lot of things about dead space but 3 is written really badly but it has some cool setpieces

carver. let's get into this giant drill's track, and shoot it until it starts, and have a necromorph mosh pit in its path

floating in space is also really good in single player but if you're playing multiplayer and you can see the other person it's hilariously awkward

there's a bunch of really cool design stuff i could sperg about for a long time

i think the actual creepiest thing in the game is the dudes who ate necromorphs who are locked in a freezer who are the replacement for the feral kids from 2, and they're still alive + thinking but completely insane and they've been that way since stuff hosed up on that planet. you can hear them screaming to be let out by a dude in an audiolog and they just sound like really angry insane people

2 has the most cool new necromorphs, 3 tends to rely on the new tomahawk dudes a lot, and older designs like the babydog tentacle thing and the tank and the spitty guy

all 3 games have some cool guns and all three have a few that are clearly The Best and contact beam/plasma cutter are always in that category

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Thug Lessons posted:

Dead Space 2 was probably better than the first gameplay-wise, at least up until the end, but these are story-driven resident evil games and the way they did it was embarrassing.

Yeah. 2 did this thing where you get the impression that the developers were sitting around the room designing a cool shooter and then someone was like "Wait, let's add a scare" so they made a loud noise play behind you at certain parts. It's really goofy.

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot

Silver Striker posted:

Since they're on sale, has anyone The Legend of Korra game or Dangan Ronpa 2? I'm interested in the Korra game because it's made by Platinum and they rule, but it didn't get good reviews and I've never watched the show. I like visual novels such as Phoenix Wright and I read the Let's Play of Dangan Ronpa 1 which seemed cool, but I'm not sure if the second one is worth it and I would like some Imp feedback.

i haven't gotten very far in dr2 yet but it's pretty fun. presentation is way better than in dr1, visuals are good, sound design and music are much better (the beach sfx in the beginning was really good, trapped by the ocean song etc). probably worth what they're asking for.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
people need to talk more poo poo about games that people are considering buying. the loving goons in the steam thread convinced me to buy so many lovely games that now i barely ever buy games anymore. if the steam goons recommend it, i know its probably poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

inexpensive meal posted:

i haven't gotten very far in dr2 yet but it's pretty fun. presentation is way better than in dr1, visuals are good, sound design and music are much better (the beach sfx in the beginning was really good, trapped by the ocean song etc). probably worth what they're asking for.

The writing is still hilarious garbage, as are the characters. Avoid, imo

• Locked thread