Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
The best part of the Nightly Show has been Mike Yard for me. And the couple of times Lewis Black and Colin Quinn have been there as panelists. But yeah, it pales in comparison to Stewart and Colbert's shows. I find myself laughing more when watching @Midnight.

Man, only two more nights of Jon Stewart. It's starting to hit me. This is going to hit a lot harder than losing Colbert. After Thursday, the last show on cable I regularly watch is most likely over since I honestly don't have high hopes for Trevor Noah. If my fiancee didn't watch stupid poo poo on TLC and Kendra On Top or whatever the gently caress, I would "cut the cord" in an instant and watch everything online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Crying is a rarity for me, but I did it multiple times throughout the episode. The segments where Colbert personally thanked him and all the correspondents ran out to embrace him and him signing off on stage where he could only come out with those four words at the very end both hit me the hardest. His speech about bullshit was top-notch too.

I'm going to miss the gently caress out of you, Stewart. Part of me hopes he gets bored in a few months and starts his own podcast or something since I need his rants. With Donald Trump of all people being our next potential President, there's an endless amount of material to play off of.

Trevor really has his work cut out for him next month.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

IRQ posted:

Because it is. Everyone is expendable.

Yep, and it gets even worse the less money you have. Getting unemployment is next to impossible too if you lose your job and even IF you qualify for it around my area, you have to wait about a month for a final decision to come on a paper in the mail while you send applications out for the next poo poo job and watch your savings get slowly depleted in the meantime.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

EasyEW posted:

Because we want him to come back and be our real dad!

It's obvious just from reading this thread that Larry Wilmore doesn't know the right way to cut the crusts off of our peanut butter sandwiches.

Accurate.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Supersonic Shine posted:

This happened at Summerslam. What a weird and wonderful world we live in.

By far the best part of it all.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
This was probably posted already as it's 4 months old, but I really enjoyed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrS0pj7IbHM

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'll give the new Daily Show a chance, but god I miss Jon so much. :(

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Trevor Noah is up to bat is just three days. Should be interesting.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I finally got to watch last night's Daily Show after I taped it last night. Was way better than I expected it to be. The introductory tribute to Jon was great, the metaphors in the Klepper segment were good, and the Kevin Hart interview was kinda weak. Roy Wood Jr. was funnier than the last 50 Nightly Shows combined.

I'll always miss Jon with his knowledge, intuition, and his Jersey/Wiseguy accent and wish he would do something like a stand-up show, podcast, etc., but I think the show is going to be just fine.

I'll be tuning in tonight as well.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
His sophomore show was kinda dull, but the interview was more interesting; basically the opposite of the first show.

I'm not expecting every Daily Show to be a homerun as even Jon had plenty of shows that were duds, but it will be interesting seeing Trevor develop. Tomorrow's interview will be interesting. I wish it would be another Jon-Stewart-rakes-Judith-Miller-over-the-coals interview, but we won't see that again for a long time.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Zero One posted:

That was a great segment.

Black Twitter.

By far the best part of that show. Roy Wood Jr. is killing it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Daily Show watching krew assemble.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Hahaha a sweet potato latte

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

blue squares posted:

During Stewart's run, I never had any issues. The ads wouldn't even load, it would just skip right to the next segment.

I threw it on Edge and it loaded right up, but at the end of the first segment I'm stuck on "Your content will return shortly." I have not installed ANYTHING on Edge.

I also reinstalled flash.

I didn't know the show is on Hulu, though. I can look into that.

Thanks for the help so far, everyone.

Have you tried xfinitytv.comcast.net? That's how I used to watch it at work when CC's site gives me issues.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Oh man, tonight's show is top-notch.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

raditts posted:

But then again, we are dealing with a far crazier right wing than in '08 or '12.

It's hard to believe that there was recently a time where I didn't think it would get any more nuts than Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan...and here we are with Ben Carson and loving Donald Trump.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Duzzy Funlop posted:

And Roy Wood Jr. is amazing.

I just watched last night's and tonight's show. "That's why white people write all the horror movies!" He's on fire.

Lewis Black's segment was even better. I legit laughed out loud at the snapchat and flute ninja parts. The Back In Black segment is always a treat. All of his stand-up specials are great too.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Jax-Guy1 posted:

Yeah she was great in that, and she was so hot as Envy Adams in Scott Pilgrim.

That's where I know her from.

And yeah, tonight was one of Klepper's better bits. The Wolf Blitzer bully segment from last night was great too. I had a good laugh when Smegol showed up.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Yessssssss

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Been catching up on the Daily Show this week and this segment about the natural gas station :stonk:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Been catching up with The Daily Show this week and am just now watching the Mike Huckabee food analogy segment. Haha, holy poo poo.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Oh man, that Jessica Williams/Christopher Lloyd bit was fantastic.

Finally got to watch this last night and I second this.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Oh man, I can't wait to get home from work and watch last night's show.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
"END THE FUCKERY!"

It was so good to see Jon again. His first segment made me laugh at his usual snark (especially with Rand Paul's secretary or whatever lol holy poo poo) and shake my head at how hard it was to flag down somebody to listen to his legitimate complaints.

Then his second segment when he walked over to the panel did a complete 180 into :( . It really shouldn't at this point, but it amazes me how this country can find money for something that is either insignificant or only serves to benefit old and greedy loving assholes in our government, but we consistently fail on helping those who need it most (first responders, veterans, etc). It makes me sick and irate at the same time and it's also why Jon Stewart and The Daily Show are so great especially in times like these: Cutting right through the bullshit and putting a big spotlight on what really matters.

Here's hoping Mitch McConnell has a shred of decency left in him this week.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
:lol: at this Jordan Klepper gun segment from last night.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I can't wait for Trump v Clinton: Politicsmania 2016 - We're All hosed. It's going to be the best pay-per-view ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Just caught up to tonight's episode. Highlights for the week for me was Jordan's Trump supporter panel and the two guys still voting for him even if we start a registry for Jewish people and the Fruit Ninja segment with...John Kasich? Trevor's Ben Carson impression is also great.

• Locked thread