Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

raditts posted:

The Daily Show with Jon Daly.

God, no.

Why not?

Incidentally I'd like The Daily Show with Bill Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

I just want informative jokes. I skipped the interviews for the Daily Show and the Colbert Report and the Nightly Show is basically an episode long multi person interview. I don't really care for Larry either. I don't like his delivery.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

raditts posted:

And then they talked about escaped convicts' dicks for the entire panel.

I know a lot of you gave up on the show a long time ago, so I'll just clarify that I wasn't joking there.

Is this good or bad? Honest question.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Nightly Show is a lot more watchable now that they've compressed the panel section. I still think it needs something to mix it up more though. Daily Show had correspondent pieces and Colbert had absurd sketches to break up just watching Jon and Stephen all the time. Last Week Tonight has those too. Larry needs something else. He needs variety.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Klepper is really growing on me. I don't think he'll ever be big but he's a good filler correspondent. He's like the day old McDonald's french fries of correspondents.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Selachian posted:

I'd love to see Trump make a deep run as much as anyone, but I suspect he's going to find better things to do around the time he has to submit his financial disclosure forms. No way does he want every reporter in the country trawling through his finances.

Yeah but you would also think not insulting an entire race or veterans would be something obvious to avoid doing in front of reporters too. I just want Trump to become Republican Nader.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I dunno, maybe I'm going out on a limb here but perhaps a staff full of white guys shouldn't be telling the one black guy what he should or shouldn't twig as kind of racist. That sort of smacks of whitesplaining, probably because it's the literal definition of it.

I agree with you but Wyatt also seems just hipstery enough that I could see where he might be difficult to work with in general.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

ultramiraculous posted:

I mean I think he's probably at least exaggerating the story for dramatic effect, but you're taking it full reddit here.

I have no idea what taking it full reddit means.

I've got Wyatt Cenac was having a tough time at the Daily Show and that awkward work relationship stuff happened and may or may not have been exacerbated by him being the only black correspondent on staff. His viewpoint seems reasonable to me.

I mean he still seems to get along with the Daily Show cast. I think he's just a really weird guy and that personalities clashed. I don't think Cabbit was wrong in that it raises warning flags when an all white cast clashes with the sole minority castmember about a racial joke. I don't think anybody came off particularly bad though. Amy Poehler has been pissed at castmates about feminist jokes before and nobody thinks twice about it.

Edit: Ohhhh. I may not have understood what whitesplaining was.

Soylentbits fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 25, 2015

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

speshl guy posted:

The breitbart article was sensationalist and the drop in ratings isn't something that Comedy Central wasn't expecting or unprepared for.

Jon Stewart's ratings sucked for two years after he took the mantle

I would be more willing to blame the Nightly Show for making people think the Daily Show would be bad after Stewart left. That's probably not true but it feels true.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

IRQ posted:

I'm pretty sure Colbert had either her or someone similar saying the exact same thing back when he was loving around with the super PAC.

Super PACs are awful but have they actually done anything of note?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

IRQ posted:

Jordan Klepper, the weakest part of the current daily show lineup.

Sure is a cold winter we're having. Boy this water sure is dry. That Donald Trump fellow seems like a reasonable man with lots of good ideas.

He was pretty mediocre for a while so I can see why that impression would stick. Man this is a solid cast though. Also very diverse and murderous. A winning combination.

• Locked thread