Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Hakkesshu posted:

He's not a freshman, he's had a show before.

Yeah but his previous efforts were like college. Hosting The Daily Show is the pros by comparison. He's still a rookie and this was a very safe first show. His interview skills need work. He and Hart were talking at the same time too much.

Not a bad effort. I won't pass judgement until he has several shows under his belt. But even if it takes a while for him to find his stride, it'll be ok. I didn't think Jon Stewart was that great when he first started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

VagueRant posted:

Literally confused as to how anyone thought The Daily Show couldn't be done without Jon Stewart. Aside from John Oliver and the other guest hosts, pretty sure some random writer from the show did Jon's job from the writer's strike picket once for a video. It's just making fun of newsclips and reading jokes, jesus.

Yeah. Remember that first guy who hosted The Daily Show?

What was his name?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mooseontheloose posted:

Finger Print scanners on every car apparently.

He meant at the rental agencies, not in individual cars. And for the sake of tracking people on temporary visas, car rental agencies would be a smart place to have such a thing.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Chris admitting he doesn't know what biometrics are is p. fun.

Fingerprints are probably the most common form of biometrics.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
In a relatively short time earth won't be inhabitable so we need another place to destroy before we move on to Jupiter.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
When is the Daily Show taped in relation to when it's aired? Same day right?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Astro Nut posted:

So, Trevor might have his first real challenge in terms of stories breaking the same day.

That's why I asked about when it tapes. I'm interested in seeing how this goes being so early into his tenure.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Rollofthedice posted:

Yeah, Nye guested back in May.

Doesn't stop the interview from being one of the least funny things I've seen on that show.

Was it an interview?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mo0 posted:

That Trump bit was a fantastic bit, but the best single joke for me was telling Trevor he doesn't know what scarcity is. That joke was scientifically calibrated to be amazingly awful, and the audience reaction didn't disappoint.

I liked the joke about pumpkin spice latte blowing up now. Syria blows up all the time.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
One of Barack Obama's greatest legacies will be how popular George Bush has become since BO took office.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

mobby_6kl posted:

Is Trump seriously the leading Republican candidate right now? I always thought he got so much attention on TDS or LWT because he's loving ridiculous but I thought Trevor explicitly said he was leading the polls :stare:.

Yeah and that's been the case pretty much since the day he said he was running.

If that isn't a testament to how stupid voters are, and how hosed up this country is, then I don't know what else you need for proof.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
If they all loving suck why do we even need a candidate from that particularly lovely party?

Throw your hand in if you got no spades, you know?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

COOL CORN posted:

I'm starting to wish Jordan Klepper had gotten the job instead of Trevor, he's been killing it every single episode.

His schtick is to act like a moron.

That would get really annoying REALLY loving fast.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mimir posted:

I can't imagine a show starring someone deliberately pretending to be dense and conceited would last long on Comedy Central.

Not on the Daily Show that's for sure.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
To be fair, a lot of people that listen to Rush probably have no idea who Bane is and it actually makes sense when you frame it like that.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
That segment on leggings made Fox News look creepy as gently caress

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
it's pretty unsettling to hear about a guy wanting to bang his daughter

and it's just creepy to hear proof.

jesus loving christ.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

real recognize real

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Jordan Klepper went to Kalamazoo High School.

For some reason that just seems kinda perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
It benefits Noah that his gang is so good. It has given him time to find his footing, which I think he is doing very well. He still has some quirks that annoy me, but at least he isn't boring like Stewart was in his first few years (probably until the Bush administration went full wacko -- which I think was even before he took office because I'm recalling "but you didn't get elected").

The way I see it, we won't know how good Trevor is until a few years from now.

• Locked thread