Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How long with Dolph Ziggler, Ryback & Erick Rowan be "fired"
This poll is closed.
Over a month. 8 2.74%
About a month. 7 2.40%
2-3 Weeks. 59 20.21%
They'll be back on the next episode of RAW. 218 74.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

seriously support the things you love give good wrestling your money
I want to, but money's really tight nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

you're dumb as hell for many reasons right here

Nah man watch wrestling dot ch is a far less sketchy website than the actual god drat promotion's.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Pushing past how dumb Raw was, they could do some great segments in the coming weeks by showing Ziggler, Rowan and Ryback in day jobs. Ryback works at a lovely BBQ joint, Rowan is making wine or some poo poo with his beard.

Ziggler does... I dunno. Tan salon.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

you're dumb as hell for many reasons right here

I was not being sarcastic at all, I am using the NJPW thread instructions and Chrome translation to pay 8 bucks and change to NJPW World right now

the site does look like something out of the mid-90's though :unsmith:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Cornwind Evil posted:

How many traditional hero types like Cena is supposed to be actually DO that? Normally, their plots make them find a third option, which brings up back to the terrible writing yet again.

So you're saying this scenario should have involved Hideo Itami?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yes, I am figuring out how to give my hard-earned yen to this sketchy looking site that Chrome has poorly translated for me, don't worry.

Yeah 100% seriouspost if there was even an English-translated thing for NJPW World I'd sign up for it IMMEDIATELY. But I don't wanna read a tutorial to sign up and then forget about actually finding poo poo. Sorry if this makes me a terrible wrestlefan or whatever. I know NJPW owns, no one needs to convince me.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Judging by the last week's worth of promos, that is the end of Ambrose/Wyatt, so there's that. Moving right along.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

People complain about Cesaro being a jobber. Cesaro gets moved up the card; people still complain.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Barreft posted:

I dunno what is up everyone's rear end about this RAW. The matches were good and John Cena was blatantly shown the whole night what we all think of him. Even Cesaro and Kidd got some time in. Goddamn you guys.

Yeah, as I said in the GDT, although I wish it was written and booked better, they did have a throughline that made sense.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Demp posted:

If Reddit can manage to send Triple H a fruit basket, we should be able to send John Cena one of these:

I really think we need to get past this irrational fear and embrace the one quality that makes WWE great. I, of course, speak of John Cena. Seeing all those clips of past Cena was great and I was only irritated when some slackers took away time from what truly matters. We worry about falling ratings and people going away but I have a brilliant idea: more Cena. We have already talked about Rusev vs Cena for ages so lets keep that on course. Brilliant match in which Cena finally makes that Rooskie tap after seducing Lana as his own and she follows him around for a bit (renamed as Laura to fit into her new pro USA persona) until he gets bored. Next comes Bad News Barrett in which Cena SHOWS HIM SOME REALLY BAD NEWS JACK! After getting screwed out of the world title numerous times Cena overcomes the odds to win it three times in a row on Raw making him the GREATEST CHAMPION ON ALL TIME OF ALL TITLES IN WWE. WWE CENA CHAMPION! Now you may think that is more than enough but NO. Cena teams with a returning Darren Young to conquer the Tag Team titles. After some makeup wearing jobbers, some foreigners and a bad actor and his lame stuntman Team C starts a year long rivalry with the only team to be a challenge: The Usos. That's like two years of story right there. I mean after he wins the belts in 4 months of course. BAH GAWD! I can just feel the ratings and money flow. Mmmmmm.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

They dropped the ball by not licensing NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY, GOODBYE instead of random Susa. The best thing the authority does it turn the crowd's favorite poo poo back on itself, and that's a long-time favorite. Remember "They want you to quit just like CM Punk," and Stephanie's many uses of the Yes chant and "I BURY DANIEL BRYAN," and stuff like that? That's what keeps them fresh for me despite their PG Diet Vince antics.

Anyway, this Raw sounded painfully boring. Adam Rose's heel turn is near the top of "interesting things," which tells you how desperate the writeup looked to me. Maybe somehow those six can make something out of this nonsense. At least the midcard has a story for once.

Rollins being added to the title match should excite me, but all I can think is that it increases Cena's odds of winning by about 500%.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah 100% seriouspost if there was even an English-translated thing for NJPW World I'd sign up for it IMMEDIATELY. But I don't wanna read a tutorial to sign up and then forget about actually finding poo poo. Sorry if this makes me a terrible wrestlefan or whatever. I know NJPW owns, no one needs to convince me.

There is literally a 'translate all the poo poo to English' button at the bottom of the website.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

List of people who looked strong this week:

-Paige
-The Authority

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

google translate isn't that hard even if it's kinda funny I expected better from you, man

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

fatherdog posted:

So you're saying this scenario should have involved Hideo Itami?

....yes? :confused:

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Ambrose Lose-a-meter since break up of The SHIELD

Last Dean Ambrose Raw win: Nov 3rd against Cesaro
Last Dean Ambrose Smackdown win: Oct 28th against Cesaro
Last Dean Ambrose PPV win: none

Total Dean Ambrose wins since SHIELD Breakup 210 days ago: 7

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Great White Hope posted:

There is literally a 'translate all the poo poo to English' button at the bottom of the website.

For some reason I was not aware, I will look into this if I can budget correctly, thanks

google translate isn't that hard even if it's kinda funny I expected better from you, man

Sorry dude, I'm just tired of poo poo being hard that I wish was easy, and I'm not just talking rasslin'. I'm just TIRED. :(

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Sono posted:

People complain about Cesaro being a jobber. Cesaro gets moved up the card; people still complain.
Being a rose bud sure is a step up...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

For some reason I was not aware, I will look into this if I can budget correctly, thanks

Thank you I received always available New Japan Pro Wrestling World .
Purchase was completed successfully!

:unsmith:

YOU DID THIS, WWE

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So glad I forwarded though 80% of Raw tonight. 18 minute segment just to fire 3 guys?

I really miss when they would do things like qualifying matches for The Rumble and stuff like that leading up to the PPV. Now I guess they just know that the Rumble sells itself and they don't need to do poo poo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

psp.txt

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I greatly enjoy the Ascension doing the same thing on the main roster that they did on NXT and if the pattern holds they will be doing it for roughly the next 100 shows

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

YOU DID THIS, WWE

*balloons and confetti fall from ceiling*

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It would be cool if weeks later after not being on tv Cesaro and Kidd show up traumatized after escaping Adam Rose's party compound

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

he'll be back next week when ratings are guaranteed to be down!!
i figured this out around 8:30 and got really sad

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Please see my most recent post, thanks. :)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ijii posted:

Being a rose bud sure is a step up...

Hiding in plain sight and then attacking because you're jerks = officially joining a stable. Cool.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I enjoyed the Ascension taking those LoD chants they got last week and running in the direction of pooping on LoD, and then JBL pooping on them so no one cares about anything. WWE.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

oatgan posted:

does it loop well?

Yes, every time it starts it's in the same place as where it stopped.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

YOU DID THIS, WWE

ok then i now apologize for calling you dumb as hell

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

It's okay, I can totally see how what I posted came off as sarcastic, no worries. I'll take further discussion about any of it to the NJPW thread so as not to clutter up this one.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

Yes, every time it starts it's in the same place as where it stopped.

cool adding it to my fuckyeahwrestling tumblr

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobayashi_Maru

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'll probably do it too if I can figure out the budget and gather the energy since my holidays are now over and I'm just now ceasing to cough up my lungs so you can rest easy on my front too, probably

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

StarkRavingMad posted:

YOU DID THIS, WWE

I paid for the PPV on the flipps app purely out of accessibility and the fact the english commentary was a nice little addition to help me understand the product. Really considering doing this option now too because that event was worth the full PPV price. Even though there is no other English commentary, what I saw is definitely worth WWE network money.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

I greatly enjoy the Ascension doing the same thing on the main roster that they did on NXT and if the pattern holds they will be doing it for roughly the next 100 shows

did the ascension and also the commentary team both talk about how much of a stupid ripoff they are in NXT?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am glad to see that the Ascension (ILLUMINATI!) got buried by commentary possibly even more than Bryan used to by Cole, at least then it was just one guy and not the whole desk actively insulting the product.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DeathChicken posted:

I enjoyed the Ascension taking those LoD chants they got last week and running in the direction of pooping on LoD, and then JBL pooping on them so no one cares about anything. WWE.

WWE has been an ouroboros of poo poo since HiaC and I hate that I will have to watch until the Rumble because it's the motherfuckin Rumble.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Please see my most recent post, thanks. :)

I know I quoted you and all but it was more about the whole I can't watch good wrestling because it's hard argument that has been around forever and it's real tiring to read every 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ziggler, Rowan, and Ryback have been moved to the Alumni section of WWE.com

THE DUDLEY BOYZ

• Locked thread