Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Breath Ray posted:

Following the success of my last e/n thread, Starving girl, I thought I'd turn my attention closer to home, to one of my flatmates, to ask for some more advice. I share a flat with a straight cisgendered couple, and one of them has a non-life threatening condition that some of you might be familiar with and - who knows? - able to make jokes about.

It's a nervous cough: hurk HURK hmmm hmm hm. So what starts out as a cough subsides into a dainty clearing of the throat. Personally, I find it a brisk, homely sort of sound, a kind of a vocal dusting of the hands that says, 'now, what's next?' However, my flatmate mentioned to me, unprompted, that it irritates him, so I though I'd ask here. As with Starving girl, it's broaching the subject in a non-judgemental way that he is having difficulties with.

The sufferer is not overweight and even quite attractive in that busty ovine sort of way peculiar to the people of northern France. She does have a stressful job (unlike her two flatmates). She and her boyfriend spend most of their time together although he likes to play football with me on Saturdays, and watch football with me on Champions League nights, and last week he spent £900 on a sick gaming rig so he can play Microsoft Flight Simulator, so if the cough is a cry for help I imagine it will only increase in timbre and intensity. She swims, and eats fairly well.

It is known that persistent cough impacts negatively on the individuals' quality of life. Patients with chronic cough suffer significant lifestyle and social restrictions and this may induce a psychological stress response. So what's a good way for my flatmate to encourage my other flatmate to seek help for this problem and know she is loved and supported?

Your prose is a loving mess. I'm quoting the whole thing as a public service. What a convoluted way to say: "My flatmate finds his girlfriend's couching irritating but he's such a huge nerd he doesn't know how to talk to her about it. I am such a huge nerd I don't know what to tell him."

Also, I am very familiar with French people and I have no idea WTF "quite attractive in that busty ovine sort of way peculiar to the people of northern France" could mean, except that you have an attraction for sheep with big tits, which sounds more like a personal problem than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread