Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lol pierce sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Lol pierce sucks

Remember how he lived up to the hype for a few games towards the end of last season?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Refs refusing to use their own judgement at all right now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Remember how he lived up to the hype for a few games towards the end of last season?
no?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

It actually happened, I saw it.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Yeah, it's just that everyone remembers all the poo poo games he played for NSW before any of his first grade work.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't watch Easts games if I can help it

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Holy gently caress, a touch judge actually making a decision.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nice kick Tyrone :D

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Love the goanna

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That was nice.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Holy gently caress, a touch judge actually making a decision.
need more female officials imo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I was still recovering from the shock of a touch judge making a call and then a great kick and catch!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It's not a spoiler to report trial results?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Don't think so. Been watching the tigers via Twitter, liking our performance so far.

Take that, stupid camera!

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Don't think so. Been watching the tigers via Twitter, liking our performance so far.

Take that, stupid camera!

Yeah was keeping an eye on it during the round ball. Hopefully we hang on so I can deliver an almighty dump on the resident Parra supporter in the office.

14-0 to the Tigers at 3/4 time for those not following.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yew!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pierce found wanting in defence again

Who would have thought

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

gently caress me do they really need to show the interviews while actual sets are being played? gently caress you channel 9

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Good to see that even with this many refs they still give completely wrong penalties. Parker did nothing wrong there, terrible call.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Another Tyrone try assist :)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Presto morphing into Thaiday in his retirement

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
and that's why you don't go to interviews during the game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nice catch and put down Gags

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's crap

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Pretty sure he dropped that, great chasing down by brooks to catch Hodges.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There was a teeny tiny bit of separation, but it was blurry

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
George Rose motm? gently caress off mate

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

No doubt, but if they call those as knock ons all year I'll be happy. There's been a lot of dodgy calls given as tries in the last few years so I'm happy with that as the status quo.

And rose getting the man of the match? Interesting. Maybe they were sick of giving everything to inglis

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it was his pie to hit up ratio

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Just on the way to watch Leeds Widnes. Overheard a big group of Widnes fans, all late teens early twenties, talking about causing aggro with Leeds fans.

Lovely.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

It was nice to see the ref bin someone without hesitation for a chicken wing tackle in the Wigan/Huddersfield game. The NRL should be taking note of that.

Is the rule about being allowed to tackle an attacking player in the air an NRL only rule?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

It was nice to see the ref bin someone without hesitation for a chicken wing tackle in the Wigan/Huddersfield game. The NRL should be taking note of that.

Is the rule about being allowed to tackle an attacking player in the air an NRL only rule?

I think so, or at least it was the last time I checked.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Just on the way to watch Leeds Widnes. Overheard a big group of Widnes fans, all late teens early twenties, talking about causing aggro with Leeds fans.

Lovely.

I'd put good money on there being a sizable overlap between the people you overheard and the ones that were involved in the pitch invasion against Cas last year.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

iajanus posted:

I think so, or at least it was the last time I checked.

You're allowed to tackle in the air in NRL? That seems like an odd thing to allow

GranadaReport
Oct 20, 2012
I think it was a joke.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I hope so I'm very drunk so believe everything

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You're allowed to tackle in the air in NRL? That seems like an odd thing to allow

An attacking player catching a kick can be tackled in the air in the NRL, but the rule about not lifting past the horizontal still applies. A defending player defusing a bomb can't be touched until he touches the ground.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Jono C posted:

An attacking player catching a kick can be tackled in the air in the NRL, but the rule about not lifting past the horizontal still applies. A defending player defusing a bomb can't be touched until he touches the ground.

This is stupid, and dangerous, IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'd prefer the rule to be gone, but I can't think of any time when it has actually been a problem. Usually it's used to push guys out of bounds before they can ground the ball. High tackles and wrestling in the tackle are significantly worse problems which need to be addressed first.

• Locked thread