Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The most exciting thing to happen to the titans was them finding peds filled needles in the locker rooms but saying they couldn't possibly be the titans based on their performance not being improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Smorgasbord posted:

The Titans were out playing golf, the syringes belonged to Greg Bird's mate....

He must have remembered to ring gids

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Also Easts and Manly are from Sydney so anyone not from sydney hates them on principle.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Clearly the reason.

That Super-League post hurts my brain with the needless complexity - I'm pretty sure if you tried to explain that to the average NRL fan their head would explode.

The average league fan hasn't progressed to a point of comprehending the written word

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

I'd like to introduce you to a little team we call the Tigers who have many supporters in this thread inexplicably. Whenever you work out the cause of the disease making you watch please share the secret.

I would like to know the secret of the anasta-tar curse that blghted us

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Who is regarded as the best league player ever? Andrew Johns is the best I've seen.

Darren Lockyer

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

he's pretty good at rape jokes

Or is that just a Queenslander thing?

He didn't know what he was saying, Joey slipped something in his drink

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Shlossy's shoe was asking for it

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
New 40/20 rule is possibly the dumbest rule in the history of rugby league

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The one NSW guy I really hate is Jarryd Hayne but its ok because he has traded up from origin to being hit in the face with a steel chair

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Smorgasbord posted:

Am I missing something or is Jarryd Hayne not in this photo at all :confused:

Back row of grey shirts, centre.

Reportedly the list of who was at that tryout was:

Czar Bononi, Daniel Conn, Dene Halatau, Digby Loane, Iszak Taalili, Jarryd Hayne, Malcolm Leaeno, Nigel Vagana, Patrick Willis, Ruy Cataluna

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

It's so refreshing to not be the one supporting the club in crisis for once. That being said, I fully expect the Tigers to lose to the Titans in round one. I'm already working out my best cocaine jokes to yell at the crowd at the game :D

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...62188c11c31a20c

only a matter of time until you guys south of the border get roped in. Unless the NRL have bribed the NSW police in another south of the tweed conspiracy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Half my team is in jail and the club has been taken in as a ward of the league, life is good!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Support the tigers since we need more people to make this suicide cult a reality.

He should join me at the gold coast snorting the pain away

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Are you actually up here? We're platinum members (or whatever the stupidly expensive top level membership level is) so we'll be at every Titans game this year. I'll be the one madly watching the Tigers scores on my phone whilst trying not to laugh at the latest Titans' scandal.

I live in Brisbane but work for a company at the coast. I may go to a game or two this season but I don't spend enough time there to really justify a season membership or anything. also I am a dirty wogball fan first and a league fan a distant second

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The refs are really loving awful and biased to souths but it doesn't matter because the broncos are loving awful, luckily the horse wasn;t put down so they can put down these clowns instead.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

lol yeah man blame the refs

reading is hard, guess I shouldn't be shocked by poo poo nsw education

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Footy show is somehow a worse performance than the broncos

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Apollodorus posted:

Thanks?

Maybe if I actually lived in Australia I'd support a non-shitheel club, but that's a big if.

My buddy from Australia is from Bondi and has always been a Tigers fan, I guess because he hates his life.

Nah, the best immigrant bashing is in western sydney really, shire bogans doing a little christian outreach

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

noice classism bruh

Those poor rich shire bogans getting called out for being race riot instigating, australian flag cape wearing dickheads. Sure told me. For your next trick you should grab your koala suit and bucket and go harrangue some people trying to get to work.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How do you supply drugs to yourself. This is some American war on drugs inception poo poo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

they said to keep a hold of the ball

Thats not what the coach meant when he said give him a good hard tackle

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Next time they'll be smart enough to have a clause in his contract forbidding the drinking of his own (or anyone else's) piss. Rookie mistake by whoever drafted that contract, really.

I don't think there is anything wrong with social pee drinking, just that if thats a thing you are really loving into don't tweet pictures of yourself performing the act

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

He doesn't sound like a complete oval office so I think you're mistaken.

Although so long as he doesn't support Melbourne or the roosters I think we can all agree he isn't completely evil.

Manly

or the Sharks

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
the best bit of the broncos and cowboys was the dude having a vomit

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The game will happen, it will probably be a good watch and I will post something about a south of the tweed conspiracy regardless of what happens

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

In my standard pre game pessimism mode

I've already had the worst possible sports related news happen to me this week so nothing in origin can be bad

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Nothing says working class entertainment like some loving chisel

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Channel nine being honest by saying the blues road to victory is late hits on Thurston

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

And none of the ones in the video were illegal, so I guess it's a good tactic? Maybe they should have focused more on Thurston grinding his elbow into Reynolds's face for an extended period to show more of Queensland's traditional 'clean' play....

Going by origin Reffing Thurston was lucky to not be sent of for having the audacity of wearing a maroon Jersey

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Smorgasbord posted:

Prematch lasts until midnight then they turn to the camera and say that's all for tonight folks what a great show then we get the test signal

South of the Tweed conspiracy to avoid the blues losing. Three abandoned games and it's a draw so blues keep the trophy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Quick question, have you ever watched an origin game before? You'd have to be ridiculously one-eyed to think that the maroons get treated any better or worse than the blues, or that they're any less dirty. Terrible NRL ref standards notwithstanding, of course.

Bent Tate got sent off for being punched in the face

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Tonight's south of the Tweed conspiracy is bad calls favoring Queensland to make it look like there isn't a south of the Tweed conspiracy

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How did they miss the high shot by thaiday

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I spent the entire second half waiting for the other shoe to drop and Qld be punished for being so criminally poo poo but the blues were worse and we held on for the win.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I am glad that state of origin is hyping loving afl in a half empty cricket ground. It's not like scalpers are able to sell lang park tickets for triple face value due to demand and they could easily sell out a second time for people who care.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

I vaguely remember games starting before eight at some point.

Not nowadays. Not even close.

If they started at the advertised kick off we wouldn't have time for Phil Gould to gift us a soliloquy.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Nice respectful minute of silence. Take a bow Melbourne

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm glad that the Reffing is back to being completely bent bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Queensland doesn't need a ref to gift them tries.

• Locked thread