Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Lovechop posted:

there was like 20 minutes of sky saying hilarious variations on 'look at this wario lookin-rear end nigga' or w/e and then he made fun of the fact he lives with his brother or something? a giant tantrum ensued

I don't know, there is just something about Sky's sense of humor that really irritates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Curse started out 8-0 in the S3 Spring split.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Curse does/did all of TSM's advertising for them. I know that's a separate entity than curse esports but they should have hired regi as an independent contractor to come in and make xpecial cry once a week or something.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Also keep in mind that lustboy didn't speak much English either and he only had one Korean speaking bro in the tsm organization, as opposed to piglet's at least two. There's a lot of poo poo going on in the liquid house

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Lmao Kobe's breakdown of the missed charm. What a goof.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
gently caress you kiwikid, go make a vlog

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Kiwi is a man willing to never use toilet paper if it means winning.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
He got styled on by literally every adc

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Emery posted:

Welcome to being a C9 fan, on any given day against whatever opponent, you might see the best team in NA or a bunch of low golds who somehow wandered onstage

Sometimes they switch between these two states in the middle of the game so all you can do is hope that the good C9 show up

Optimism is all we have to rely on this season

Yeah man, cheering for arguably the most consistent team in NA over the past two years is a tremendous burden for the fans.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

mistaya posted:

They haven't been consistent at all this split. Sometimes they look like C9 and sometimes they get outplayed badly in lane and the game becomes unrecoverable very quickly. Balls especially when he hasn't gotten Maokai or Rumble has been shakey as gently caress. Hai's champion pool has been a consistent issue for EVER and somehow that situation still hasn't improved. Every champion Meteos played well has been nerfed to poo poo and the current popular junglers aside from Nidalee he's had very mediocre performances on.

They tend to ban out their own loving champions half the time too.

As a C9 fan this season has been depressing.

No team has ever had a winning record against c9 in regular splits since they joined and the only teams that have a chance to change that are gravity and tsm. They may not be playing their a+ game but they are still a tremendously consistent organization over long stretches of time. Since their 1-3 start this split they are 8-2. Balls sucks on lulu and lissandra but that shouldn't be any more surprising than lemon dying to level 1 brush cheese or hai's champ pool.

C9 probably won't finish first in a split for once but I would hardly call their performance depressing.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

mistaya posted:

For twice, since TSM beat them last time.

Honestly it's probably just salt because TSM is the better team this year.

I said in regular splits, not playoffs.

Though if TSM wins in the last game of this split, it's probably safe to say that C9 will go 0-18 in the summer split this season.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Mystic or whatever his name is I think

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I find regi, loco, bjerg all annoying but my newfound love of Lustboy outweighs all that.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Luna Was Here posted:

well you didn't word your post to sound sarcastic so i figured you were retarded and didnt get the joke

Yeah man, if you don't put a kappa in there how are we supposed to know that you don't actually think montecristo walked into the sea and that the ge tigers swam home???

KicksYouInHalf fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 16, 2015

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
My complicated prediction that I posted in the skype group that will make me a god if I'm right is as such:

incarnati0n will play for C9 in the summer split while Hai gets surgery and recovers. During this time, Hai will stay as an analyst/player-coach for them and once he is recovered they will assess the team. If they are on an upswing he will either stay on permanently as an analyst/coach/part-owner or replace the by-then 40 year-old lemonnation at support (who will transition to an analyst role in his stead). If the team is stagnant or doing worse, Hai will reclaim his mid position and incarnati0n will do whatever, I don't know.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Lovechop posted:

incarnation to cloud9

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/incarnati0n-jack-etienne-cloud9/

it's by RL so most likely for sure

Part one of my prediction coming true, now to wait for the Hai surgery announcement.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I thought origen was supposed to be like, god tier challenger team

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Of the billion people living in there only Bjergsen, Max(the video guy), and Oddone have rooms to themselves. Those dudes are all making close to 6 figures (if not actually hitting it), just get a loving apartment. I cannot imagine sharing a house with 8 other gross nerds, let alone a room with 3 of them.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

archduke.iago posted:

The organization as a whole has a mysterious ability to turn good players into dogshit (Dexter, Nien, Zion)

The exception being Aphro who turned from a decent ADC to a bad support to a good support all while under the CLG banner. I agree, though, and feel like that is better attributed to his own motivation rather than anything CLG did.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Calax posted:

So Riot is doing an MSI AMA on Reddit.

MSI will be on 5.7
They will allow mid series swaps for Best-ofs (So Easyhoon/Faker and Tom/Bengi swapping will be a thing)

Hai/incarnati0n

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Schiavona posted:

Was this back when Riven was total horseshit and red pot start was all the rage or after?

Also what is Elementz up to these days? I'm surprised we haven't seen him pop up as a coach for a lower level team. He seemed to be really levelheaded and had actual sports experience to draw on for lessons on keeping team morale pretty positive.

He coached old coach, he was bad, and he brought that real sports hype poo poo like chants and all the players hated it

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

foutre posted:

I dunno, it sounded more like he just had expectations w/r/t schedule and dedication that Coast didn't really match up to. They just wanted to wake up late and solo q, he wanted them to get up before noon, exercise, analyze, and whatnot. It wasn't a bad idea, it's what a lot of better teams do, but Coast was just not going to have that happen.

From the sounds of things, literally no western team does that. Not to say it isn't a good idea but big part of being a good coach is motivating players to improve and he very clearly was going about it the wrong way. Hell, it's really hard to motivate people to go the extra mile when you are a player infamous for doing the bare minimum. There is a reason that no better teams picked him up in literally any capacity even if he had a good plan laid out.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

archduke.iago posted:

Re all the "bench Hai/Balls" chat: it's a shame M3 didn't get relegated, we could have seen C9 Looper/Dade (both were close to signing with C9T over the offseason)

The rumor I heard was that c9 wanted to make an offer to Dade but it wasnt even 20% what royal offered. I wouldn't call that close.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Libertine posted:

What makes you guys think Incarnation will be like a panacea for whoever signs him? He seems like a completely untested quantity to me, and there are lots of people who do just as well in solo queue as he does who have never even sniffed competitive or have tried at it and failed.

Like if I was a really struggling team I might try him out, but I wouldn't throw out a long experienced competitive player for him.

I agree with you that expectations may be high because you're right, he is totally untested.

However, I think it is as good of a bet as any for c9 to make because whether they like it or not, Hai is either (a.) going to have to get surgery and not play for a while or (b.) hope it gets better on its own by also not playing for a while between splits. All his momentum is going downward so c9 has to bring on someone. I get what you were saying about Link being a decent pickup but then that is only really cost-effective if CLG was already going to let Link go because otherwise, you have to offer a better salary than one of the top organizations as well as pay a buyout. There have been no solid rumors that I've heard that Link is leaving against his will. On the other hand, you have a mechanically-sound (according to lcs peers) and strategically-proven (sk to worlds) midlaner with a perfect setup to be the only team making a reasonable offer.

Look at the landscape of pro midlaners right now. In Europe what orgs can compete to pick him up? You have Fnatic and SK with midlaners that they have no reason to let go for an as-of-yet unproven guy. H2K also doesn't need it. Gambit could make a play but Betsy, while streaky, managed 3rd highest KDA among midlaners. UOL/Elements are also in the camp of not needing a mid and ROCCAT and GIANTS don't have the resources to compete with C9. That leaves CW as the most likely candidate.

Now NA! TSM obviously is good on midlane talent, and apparently CLG likes Link enough to kick a hard-working Dexter over a hearthstone enthusiast. TIP is xwx's team and Gravity has locked in contracts from Steve making sure that the academy couldn't be picked up and dropped after a split. TL isn't going to get rid of Fenix even if he was performing poorly because he is Piglet's anchor. Winterfox has been grooming Pobelter or whatever (hoping he'll carry?) for over a year now and can't justify getting rid of him before other pieces. T8 doesn't have the money and Dig is such a dumpster fire that they wouldn't have a shot of landing him either.

That leaves CW and C9 potentially vying for incarnati0n. As for CW, I can't pretend to know if they were even interested in throwing money at a replacement for Soren but let's argue that they did, incarnati0n gets to decide whether to try and turn around a 6th place team for a long shot at worlds or C9, a team with whom he apparently already has a good relationship, at least as far as team management goes.

I know your post had nothing to do with why the PLAYER would go to the TEAM but it feeds into my overall point.

Hai may be experienced, but he is an anchor right now. C9 finds themselves in a place where the founder of their team is actively holding them back and he happens to play the same position as the most highly-touted free agent on the market and they have almost an absurdly good play on him. In my mind, Jack would have been a fool to let this opportunity slip through his fingers because even if it doesn't work out and it turns out a player like Link is a better fit, Link isn't going anywhere. Link's playstyle doesn't lend himself to jump from a "yeah we'll pay you to play for us" to "we will pay you DOUBLE what the other 4 teams bidding will pay you" kind of guy. Incarti0n, on the other hand, is at potentially his lowest cost.

Yeah it's a risk, but c9 isn't going to win again with Hai in his current state and looking at the overall picture, I think the incarnati0n deal is a slam dunk (if it actually happens, I guess there is still a chance that literally everyone is wrong).

tl:dr: C9 is in a bad place, but it is either be in a bad place with Hai's broken wrists or having a shot at it being good with incarnati0n.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

rabidsquid posted:

"Hai" is under contract with a non-EU team, this has been confirmed already.

The Richard Lewis article or is there another article out because I take everything witha grain of salt when it comes to esports rumors and anonymous sources therein. Not saying it isn't 99.9% likely, just that I hesitate to say anything is "confirmed" until there is an official announcement.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

rabidsquid posted:

I don't know how to link to an individual reddit post but here you go: http://www.reddit.com/r/CLG/comments/31bmkj/lol_how_were_gonna_get_clg_incarnati0n_its/

If you are talking about Hotshot's post, I don't see where it mentions anything about a non-EU team but maybe it is somewhere in the string of comments (I don't really read reddit so idk how that works). Regardless, I'm not saying he isn't going to C9, I'm saying he is PROBABLY going there because it is one of two destinations that I see as even a remote possibility and C9 has the way better hand of those two option.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Wol posted:

As for NA, it was kind of a boring series but at least TSM won. Comparing the current strength of both teams, TSM really should have 3-0'd, but I guess TSM still has that tendency to play like garbage in Game 1s. C9 right now reminds me of s3 TSM - a team with some excellent players but also a bushel of problems, just lazily coasting along, not bothering to get any better because the rest of their region is even worse. Whatever changes they need to make - whether Balls or Lemon should go, I can't say - Hai should not be allowed to play mid lane any more. He's not mechanically good, he doesn't play anything, and he doesn't pay attention. Like TSM at the end of S3, the team needs to break away from their tried-and-true formula and make some changes before they sink into the pits of irrelevence.

Basically go TSM, go TL, and if C9 keeps up the laziness I hope they rot in the pit with CLG.

I think the big similarity between s5 C9 and S3 TSM is the midlaner wasting away. I don't agree that C9 is lazy, though. They haven't broken away from their tried-and-true methods yet because this was literally their first split where they've done anything other than finish the regular split first. Hell, at worlds they beat two Korean teams with a Hai who was already sliding badly.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Calax posted:

Should be noted Det FM "boot camped" in Frisco with Cloud 9.

I am almost certainly misremembering but I feel like I saw on someone's stream that it was just nonstop shitstomping to the point where C9/TSM felt like they were wasting time but that DFM was paying for the pleasure. Kind of like a CLG boot camp.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Man, Gambit handled that poorly but Leviathan seems mature enough to know that badmouthing former employers is not something future employers find desirable. This is why any business relationship I get into has an NDA. That way, regardless of if it runs its course naturally or ends badly (yet to happen, thankfully), no party feels paranoid that the other is going to air dirty laundry. It's not even a shady thing, it's just good business.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
it's official http://cloud9.gg/news/thank-you-hai

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Colonel Squish posted:

I really hope Yusui shows up for C9 try-outs. The guy legit went 54-0 or something from level 30 to D5. Didn't drop a single game, laughing in the face of elo hell.

He's at the point where he could make a huge, successful transition into the LCS or he could crack under the pressure/not take it seriously and wind up being another good solo queue player who can't seem to make competitive work. I guess not all of that is on him, though, it depends a lot on how C9 as a team will function under transition, having lost their main shotcaller.

There aren't going to be try-outs anymore than there were TSM support tryouts.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Wow I think I saw one ult from tom. The rest of the time he was afk walking into death

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I wonder what the chances of Winterfox buying the TDK roster and putting pobelter/altec with gleeb as a "sub"

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
TDK gonna get knocked out by Misfits in spring.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

fnox posted:

nah it's relatively common for LCS players to not be challenger, you don't have to be Challenger in Soloq to be in the Challenger scene, for one, and it's relatively easy to drop out of Challenger if you're not putting in enough SoloQ games

being anything other than Master is an aberration though.

Not really, I just counted around 30/50 LCS players being in challenger not counting the ones that I don't know the weird ladder names of. I'd say that the ones that aren't tend to be on the worse teams (probably in part to them not playing the game).

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

That's the Logitech offices but yeah, sneaky was asked on stream about pobelter and instead of the normal troll answers just said they weren't allowed to talk about it so looks like he's in contention at least.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

SC Bracer posted:

UBC has always had a really stacked team. The UCs are also pretty good for esports, and I know that UCLA had a team that went into the NACS playoffs (and got destroyed).

UBC =! Berkeley

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Gotcha. Apparently there is a club team at the University of Alabama near me but I don't know poo poo about them

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Lovechop posted:

get owned kid

If yusui is who I'm thinking of, him and Keith are tight and both are lovely titty babies because they are literally teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Faker:pawn::Peyton manning:tom Brady????

• Locked thread