Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Roman Reigns posted:

John Cena looks like he hasn't slept in days.

well how could he sleep with ziggler, ryback, and rowan fired? cmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Ambrose Lose-a-meter since break up of The SHIELD

Last Dean Ambrose Raw win: Nov 3rd against Cesaro
Last Dean Ambrose Smackdown win: Oct 28th against Cesaro
Last Dean Ambrose PPV win: none

Total Dean Ambrose wins since SHIELD Breakup 217 days ago: 7

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sono posted:

I don't recall Kane being mentioned, just that Bryan was wrestling.

Well it's still pretty silly then that Steph announced it with a dramatic "Your next match won't be at the Rumble..."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Looks like I chose a good week to continue to not watch raw.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Roman gave one of the worst promo's ever, Ambrose stuff was mostly cool, Bryan segment was okay, and Seth won. The rest was forgettable but not outright bad or aggressively boring like last week.

Decent RAW but really after last week there was no where to go but up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Intruder posted:

Am I crazy or did they advertise that Bryan was going to face Kane on THURSDAY! long before Stephanie announced it?

I think the thread had come to the conclusion that it was probably going to be Kane when it was announced, but it wasn't official until tonight.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pariah Rex posted:

He's a dreadful wrestler and I'm personally ashamed to have once been a fan of his

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Ambrose is still good but yes.

achillesforever6 posted:

No Ambrose is still cool, they are just trying to force him into the midcard and make him as over as they want him to be.

Well, I was mainly basing it on him apparently getting his rear end kicked by Wyatt, then doing lame comedy bits (which he might have enough charisma to make bearable but they're still lame), and then apparently (I missed it) got his rear end kicked so bad that the ref threw in the towel. That just sounds sad.

I like the guy so it should be clear I'm speaking about his booking and current state of being, not my overall opinion of his value as a talent.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Important: Damien Sandow has been watching The Miz poop for months.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pariah Rex posted:

He'll start to win a lot one day you'll see!! And I will be vindicated!!!

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Did not regret watching Americanrana instead. Probably gonna feel the same for #RAWlternitive.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

STAC Goat posted:

Well, I was mainly basing it on him apparently getting his rear end kicked by Wyatt, then doing lame comedy bits (which he might have enough charisma to make bearable but they're still lame), and then apparently (I missed it) got his rear end kicked so bad that the ref threw in the towel. That just sounds sad.

I like the guy so it should be clear I'm speaking about his booking and current state of being, not my overall opinion of his value as a talent.

His leg just gave out on him, he wasn't getting his rear end kicked.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I bought a Wyatt family shirt and they then got fed to Cena.

I bought an Ambrose shirt and he got sent to midcard hell.

I bought a Paige shirt and she's now on Total Divas and was replaced in the title scene by Nikki Bella.

I...I just bought a Finn Balor shirt. I'm so sorry you guys. I'm so sorry I ruined Finn Balor...

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I still like Dean Ambrose.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Finn Balor will be called up as Sheamus's slightly retarded cousin Finn. Dirt sheets will report that it wasn't Triple H's hill to die on.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

TheJoker138 posted:

I bought a Paige shirt and she's now on Total Divas and was replaced in the title scene by Nikki Bella.

I...I just bought a Finn Balor shirt. I'm so sorry you guys. I'm so sorry I ruined Finn Balor...

Please buy as many Big Show shirts as you can afford.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Alain Post posted:

well how could he sleep with ziggler, ryback, and rowan fired? cmon.

Ask Mickey James

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

It was that he was "expected" to be inducted, and they didn't show any video of him, so I'm wondering if there was a call they were waiting for.

No it was a way of saying "this is going to happen but watch to be 100% sure"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

No it was a way of saying "this is going to happen but watch to be 100% sure"

I still say it was "expected" because they had to wait to see if Vince would change his mind at the last second.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Wait, wasn't another man an NCAA champion and the WWE champion? And an Olympic champion with a :siren: broken neck :siren:?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

TheJoker138 posted:

Does Vince have a shirt?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It came off to me like some kind of weird "there's rumors from the commissioner's office and we're seeking confirmation" kayfabe. Like they expected it to be reported on Sportscenter next to baseball trade rumors and Peyton Manning debating his career future.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

achillesforever6 posted:

Does Vince have a shirt?

http://shop.wwe.com/Vince-McMahon-%22Like-A-Boss%22-T-Shirt/38008,default,pd.html

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

TheJoker138 posted:

Buy me any one of those shirts, maybe the curse can be lifted by giving freely to others.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

So Ambrose is still a stupid idiot loser baby who can't win a match, cool.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I hope the Ascension beats up short people every week, it is very fun.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
bring back Erick Rowan

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Evil Canadian posted:

I hope the Ascension beats up short people every week, it is very fun.

Their squash this week was really fun despite JBL. They killed that poor guy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pariah Rex posted:

Ambrose won on the most recent Smackdown

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

IcePhoenix posted:

Ambrose won on the most recent Smackdown

I think this only counts singles matches

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Their squash this week was really fun despite JBL. They killed that poor guy.

Cole wasn't any better either. Booker T was the only one at that table that wasn't actively pissing me off the whole match.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I also bought a Bullet Club shirt, but I don't know if the curse applies to any other promotion but WWE. I mean, I bought all those WCW shirts in 2000 and nothing bad happened then, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For me the only thing jobber squashes like the Ascension's do is make me hope the jobber pulls a 1-2-3 Kid. I couldn't care less how bad you beat up a jobber because he's a jobber. The fact that they're not even roster jobbers but are instead indie talents that stick out like a sore thumb on RAW just hammers it home how meaningless the match is.

Despite being the heel announcer JBL nailed it for me when he said something like "I'll care when they face someone who matters."

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bad RAW. Bad, BAD RAW!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I can only wonder what some famous promos would have been like if Vince had been insanely micromanaging scripting them. Like, how would Austin 3:16 have gone?

"Jake Roberts, your talent is now STONE COLD! Not like me, my talent is as hot as Austin! Austin, Texas!* I feel like Austin tonight! I feel like Austin tonight!" *does the elbow wings dance*

*Austin, Texas may not actually be that hot.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Wait, wasn't another man an NCAA champion and the WWE champion? And an Olympic champion with a :siren: broken neck :siren:?

Dolph Ziggler?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

For me the only thing jobber squashes like the Ascension's do is make me hope the jobber pulls a 1-2-3 Kid. I couldn't care less how bad you beat up a jobber because he's a jobber. The fact that they're not even roster jobbers but are instead indie talents that stick out like a sore thumb on RAW just hammers it home how meaningless the match is.

Despite being the heel announcer JBL nailed it for me when he said something like "I'll care when they face someone who matters."

If they're smart this is the point. They are shown beating up a bunch of nobodies, but the question is raised about whether they could beat up any somebodies. Then they get their first match with someone who matters, and they sell it like it might actually be competitive, but no, the Ascension squashes them just as loving bad as all the jobbers. Then they end up with the tag titles and are the unstoppable force, having competitive matches with their challengers but still being dominate. Then you bring in a new team to finally dethrone them.

Basically exactly what they did with them at NXT.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

A point they utterly failed to grasp with Emma.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

If they're smart this is the point. They are shown beating up a bunch of nobodies, but the question is raised about whether they could beat up any somebodies. Then they get their first match with someone who matters, and they sell it like it might actually be competitive, but no, the Ascension squashes them just as loving bad as all the jobbers. Then they end up with the tag titles and are the unstoppable force, having competitive matches with their challengers but still being dominate. Then you bring in a new team to finally dethrone them.

Have it be the Lucha Dragons who beat them too. Complete the circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

A point they utterly failed to grasp with Emma.

And Paige :(

• Locked thread