Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Thauros posted:

Apparently Reigns' promo was bad, but how did Bryan come off on the mic?

Fine. Screamed about how he WAS going to win the Royal Rumble. Whoever is scripting him seems to get his character because it never feels out of place. That's about all I ask for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
They only care about the Rumble match and the title match.

At least last year, there was Bryan/Bray too.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Erick Rowan's theme is magical

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dean Ambrose is sleazy

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Angular Landbury posted:

Based on the Raw fallout youtube vids, are they teasing a Barrett face turn against the Authority or is this just Wade filling in some color to the immensely boring "Guy won a non title match so gets a title shot" storyline?

I doubt anyone is instructed on what to say in those Fallout videos.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Everybody with a fancy entrance lost.

Triple H, Bray, Undertaker, Orton

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The most blatant reuse is probably Kurt Angle using the Patriot's music

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
To be fair, Bray and Ryback had complete character overhauls after Nexus, and to an extent Barrett as well.

and does Bryan count after only being in it for literally one day?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The Dusts are now in the Royal Rumble match

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This is airing instead of Main Event next week

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yes, Smackdown is now on Wednesdays in Canada because they couldn't secure a Thursday night slot because of hockey.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
So despite the monstrous football game, Raw INCREASED viewership this week over last week.

8PM: 4.10 Million
9PM: 3.90 Million
10PM: 3.72 Million

Average: 3.90 Million

What's interesting is that the third hour may have been the lowest in total viewers, but had the same 18-49 rating as the first hour.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Another interview with Daniel Bryan, talks William Regal's influence on his career, Today's NXT stars, and reiterates he wants Lesnar's title: http://www.craveonline.com/sports/interviews/810517-daniel-bryan-talks-return-wwe-smackdown

Also says a Daniel Bryan DVD is in the works.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Huntsekker posted:

So I'm going to my first ever WWE event next Monday in Dallas, is there anything I should know before going?

Not much, just realize that everything is literally live so there is a ton of down time between commercial breaks, backstage segments, promo videos, etc.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Alouicious posted:

Roman Reigns' Mean Bean Machine

Wham bam thank you Ma'am I declut declare ... :stare:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
All charges were dropped against Heath Slater today.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

oatgan posted:

Nobody knows about it and will continue to know nothing about it, and Heath Slater was never going to be anything but a jobber anyway so I'm not sure how it impacts his career. He'll be fine.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/heath-slater-released-26531379

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

look what happened to Justin Roberts :ohdear:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WWE Smackdown's Thursday debut did 2.675 million viewers. Not a huge number, but above what they typically did on Friday. Now the question is if they can grow the audience since there were probably some who forgot about the time slot change.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

WWE.com can confirm that joining them will be Kevin Nash, Jimmy Hart, Billy Gunn and Ron Simmons.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Promos so bad he got over doing them. Weird.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Getting hurt is part of the job, I think that's what Barrett said. Now someone tell that to Daniel Bryan so we can stop seeing Daniel Bryan vs Kane matches.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Luigi Thirty posted:

Smackdown viewership went up 10% from 2.432 to 2.675 million on its new night. I wonder what could have been the draw.

All those people tuned in to see if John Cena would show up, obviously.

What will be interesting to see is if it goes up again next week, because I imagine there were at least a few who forgot it had moved this week.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Daniel Bryan's 15 favorite matches he's ever had

No particular order:

- John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan — WWE Championship Match (SummerSlam 2013)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton — WWE App Vote Street Fight (Raw; June 24, 2013)
- CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan — WWE Championship Match (Over the Limit 2012)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Takeshi Morishima — Fight Without Honor (Ring of Honor Final Battle 2008)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins - WWE App Vote Match (Raw; June 10, 2013)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro (Raw, July 22, 2013)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Nigel McGuinness (Ring of Honor Unified 2006)
- Daniel Bryan vs. KENTA (Ring of Honor Glory By Honor 2006)
- Daniel Bryan vs. William Regal (‘WWE Superstars’, November 11, 2011)
- Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield — Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match (WWE TLC 2012)
- Team Hell No & The Undertaker vs. The Shield (Raw, April 22, 2013)
- Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan — 2-out-of-3 Falls World Heavyweight Championship Match (Extreme Rules 2012)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (WrestleMania 30)
- Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Batista — Triple Threat WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match (WrestleMania 30)
- Robbie Brookside vs. Daniel Bryan — EWP Intercontinental Championship Match (EWP Gilde Wrestling Festival 2003 — Tag 3)

The last one has the best story:

quote:

“A match that nobody will ever be able to see but was one of my favorite matches I’ve ever done was against Robbie Brookside, who’s a trainer now down in NXT, in 2003 in Germany. In Germany they had these tournaments that would go on for weeks. And Robbie had talked to the promoter — he was the champion at the time — he said, ‘I’d like to bring Bryan in for just one match, just a title match.’ And the guy went, ‘I don’t know. He’s small.’ And Robbie said, ‘No, he’sreally, reallygood.’

They do rounds systems [in Germany], so we went out there and I want to say it was a match that was 10 rounds [Editor’s Note: Close. Brookside retained in Round 9]. And after the match the promoter went up to Robbie and said, ‘You were right, this guy was great.’ It was just one of those things where Robbie Brookside helped train me, he helped me be the wrestler that I am today. It’s also one of those moments where people don’t think you can do it, and then you come in and the promoter is like, ‘Holy cow, he is what you said he was.’ And that was really cool.”

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I know he doesn't use his arm a lot anyway in his offense but Bryan wrestled at tonight's show in San Antonio just fine, it appears: http://websta.me/p/900983428338784057_182237404

And yeah, the crossbody in that video looks to be replacing the previous missile dropkick.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Looks like they're releasing a Daniel Bryan DVD sometime in 2015 called "Daniel Bryan - Just Say Yes! Yes! Yes!"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wwe-Daniel-Bryan-Just-Blu-ray/dp/B00SFLV93I/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1421677074&sr=1-3&keywords=wwe

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This is regular Bryan:

Hell of a Dragon Screw.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Neodoomium posted:

Knee Plus is such an impossibly inferior name for that move than "The Knee That Beat John Cena" that it makes perfect sense that WWE would continue to run with it.

Even when the better name actively references John Cena.

Well at Wrestlemania it was renamed the "Knee that beat Triple H"

The name was retired afterward.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

TheJoker138 posted:

In that new iOS fighting game they just call Bryan's knee "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

No, they call it the Knee Plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006