Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
inb4 Day 1 role claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

That you, Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a fucking dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us.
so pumped for this game, gonna investigate everyone

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

I haven't heard anything especially compelling yet, but a day that passes without a lynch is a day wasted, so ##vote Gough Suppressant for his freakout.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

P.S. black tangled has been babysitting today, there will be post later today

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

Uh, that was a figure of speech. :confused:

Tenets, hth

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

Tenants is also acceptable.

##unvote

##vote Harold Krell

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Harold Krell posted:

You've never heard of the term "tenants of personality" before? As in the elements that describe yourself as a human being?

Well, from the sounds of it, both definitions make sense in this context.

No, never, and that's because the word you are looking for is "tenets". Unless "personality" is the name of a housing estate, tenants it does not have.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Splode posted:

Also are you 60 years old??

It all makes sense.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

On the one hand, I had been hoping we could get the ball rolling with a lynch in return for sweet, sweet data on D1, but on the other, I'm not terribly convinced Harold is scum instead of just monumentally awful town. ##unvote

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Anidav posted:

That's a pretty safe night kill so scum is playing it cool early as we did yesterday, somewhat. Nothing suspicious about that kill. Hopefully something pops up so we can strike back by at least day 3.

I gotta say, I'm with Beet on this one. ##vote Anidav

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

To be honest, my posting has largely been informed by not having much of a clue of my own.

Whether it's actually helpful or not, I tend to place my votes early in the knowledge I can always change them if better intelligence comes to light: perhaps I take the act of voting a bit too lightly.

Harold managed to get my goat yesterday, and today, mostly by virtue of being insufferably smug without possessing the right qualifications for the role, but on reflection I'm not sold that he's scum.

I am keen to get some results and not just sit around waiting for the axe to fall, so Anidav's "let's just wait until Day 3" guff smacks a little of horror movie-esque "let's split up, it's clearly the safest option" logic.

I know TOML has had his hackles raised in previous games by town dithering when he has been town and scum failing to communicate when he was scum, so his posting of pro-tips/trends doesn't necessarily trigger my scum sense.

Beyond that, if we take the Beet "Scum don't want to stand out too much which means they'll rarely be the most prolific poster and they won't not post" approach, posters that might stick out are:

Gough, Tithin, QM, Splode

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

I am going to pull the trigger.

##unvote

##vote Bifauxnen

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Oof.

Trying hard to find a bright side, at least we didn't lynch Harold on D1 (also, think of the peace and quiet).

As much as a Bif self-saucing lynch has given us some data, I wish I had been paying more attention yesterday, as in retrospect Anidav is shifty as hell.

##vote Anidav

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Anidav posted:

tithin I trust you with my life. I have a role that I can't claim or else it will be useless. Lynching me will hurt town. I have to wait until night, I must make it to night.

Anidav posted:

being a vanilla town myself

WTF?

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Realchat: black_tangled is at work and will probably not post until after 6pm EST.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

I have no idea what to do now. Splode voted pretty spasmodically yesterday, and I agree with Plotterboy: he is the closest we have to prime scum material given that all our best attempts at lynches have resulted in town deaths.

##vote Splode

(((((P.S. IF ONLY WE HADN'T STACKED THE RANKS WITH TOWNIES AFFLICTED BY BOUTS OF SUICIDAL IDEATION)))))

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

Dude seriously, vote Plott. Don't off yourself, I want to win.

What if Splode is scum and going for the suicide vote is not genuine but instead is his way of fitting in with the recent spate of townie suicides?

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Splode posted:

suicide note was pure frustration with Anidav. I think we're boned at this point, but I'll pull my head in and keep going.

Anidaft's madness reaches out to touch us all from beyond the grave.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Here's what I think:

1. Splode tried to drive the Anidav and Bif wagons, but didn't have to try very hard as they were already travelling downhill at speed, and is now trying to redirect attention towards Plotterboy and QM while throwing off the scent further with a Bif-suicide imitation act.

AND/OR

2. QM and/or Plotterboy and/or Sky Coq are trying to frame Splode off the back of an ill-advised suicide ploy.

Where GSC, black_tangled, Gough (suss from earlier days) and Mithranderp fit in, I don't know. I don't think TOML is scum.

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Splode posted:

I was convinced Anidav was scum, my suicide ploy was just pure frustration. I actually expected to get turbolynched immediately, hence the suicide attempt: I was ready to die as I knew I'd made a big mistake, if entirely justified.

I think it's Plott and QM, and *possibly* you, mainly because QM has just thrown random inconsequential votes into the wind backed up by lousy theories, and plott is super keen to push for my lynching, as he knows it'll be an easy townie kill and is reasonably easy to justify. However, it really isn't, as beet was pushing for anidav's death as hard as I was and he was town. Anidav was acting like scum and we'll see what the gently caress he was thinking later, but everyone else agreed too: that was how we turbo lynched him!

If it ain't Plotterboy, then it's probably you, in which case I'm sure we will get around to you tomorrow.

##unvote

##vote Plotterboy

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

man, anidav has really hosed us

anidav, you really really hosed us

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Well, I guess that's that. With Gough's dying breath, he cursed the name of the house of Splode. It is up to us to carry out his will.

##vote Splode

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Amazed I didn't get randomly offed by my fellow scum and that my "vote with the pack" strategy somehow flew under the radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Keating
Dec 24, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

Truth

Btw, Small Keating, did you have any suspicions about who the scum were?

Honestly, not a clue. You in particular I thought were town because you provided so much How to Play Mafia info.

My idea was to kick in votes where possible to get near-likely lynches to occur in the knowledge it was likely to be a townie, and to incite people to stick to their (likely inaccurate) word from the previous day when the sun dawned on a new day (which seemed to work nicely and I take some small amount of credit for encouraging a few morning turbolynches), and if a scum had to go down in the process I could use it to back up my cred with town.

• Locked thread