Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hackbunny posted:

haha oh wow, bike riders privileged over car owners. what a country

GET A CAR LIKE EVERYONE ELSE HIPPIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Uncle Enzo posted:

Why This CEO Will Never Hire Another Salesperson

I hope I'm not the only one that started hearing this in my head as soon as I saw that picture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-nuV36fvgQ

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

thathonkey posted:

Good now that we've all agreed bike enthusiasts are insufferable, pretentious assholes who will immediately cling to something about fitness as their primary (and only) defense mechanism when called out as such. Let's get back to something important that needs hacking: sleep.

Lunasleep.com

Time to disrupt the gently caress out of the mattress industry. Eat your heart out, sleep number!

A mattress is actually probably the best thing you could use to track sleep patterns.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

thathonkey posted:

laughing my loving rear end off at this blog post that made it to top of HN today. this is some serious serious tech_culture.docx i cant even cherry pick quotes just admire it

http://mako.cc/copyrighteous/cultivated-disinterest-in-professional-sports
:goonsay:

It's a little baffling that there are actual people like this, it reads like it should have come from The Onion or something.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Lil Peeler posted:

This kind of poo poo is doubly hilarious to me for several reasons. I know some of these people personally as they graduated from my high school and we were all in the nerd clique. I went on to become a journalist and helped make a positive impact in a community dealing with gentrification (a story I wrote about a middle school actually got administrators reassigned and increased the district's focus on anti-violence) while they get to fellate their egos by producing apps that do jack poo poo. But they are more valued in society because of great marketing and PR.

More money = better than

WhyteRyce posted:

The Shyp lady really believed that they were changing the world of shipping. Not just believed but sounded legitimately exited to work for them and be a part of the revolution

And is I were a millionaire I would come to work wearing shorts made out of crocs and I wouldn't give a poo poo

I'd shake things up and show up naked every once in a while and look every single person in the eye and dare them to say something

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tautologicus posted:

But also spaceships

For rich people

Hey, he also thinks up pie in the sky ideas like a super fast rail to take you all the way up the coast in an hour or whatever

That counts for something, right

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

No, not my bitcoins!! Not them!!!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Papercut posted:

If you don't believe in Space X's approach or funding methods, you're opposed to GPS, the internet, and science. Got it.

that post is extra lol considering GPS, the internet, and any "science missions" worth a drat thus far were developed by the public sector.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Nonsense posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/17/tech/mars-one-final-100/

Mars One: 'We're all going to die, but it's important what you do before you die'

It seems awfully confident of them to assume they'll even live to make it to Mars.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pookum posted:

its crazy how many supposedly high tech companies have data leaks. I used to work for a company that notified people they had their info breached. Kaiser permanente the bay area hospital had a huge leak and so did cisco.friggin cisco. all of your personal info is out there unprotected on some companies servers that you did business with years ago. it happens monthly.

When Sony had that huge leak a couple of years ago, didn't it come out that their info was stored in plain text?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

thathonkey posted:

obviously i meant investment as in spending a lot of money on something that is meant to last you for a while not as in something that is going to make you money... sorry.

anyway, yeah i hear the same. but what if they start having mechanical problems? are you SOL? have to take it to the dealership or are there actually independent mechanics who work on them?

also, what if you don't have a garage? what do you do with the charging equipment if you, say, live in an apartment complex?

If you live in an apartment complex, you probably can't afford a Tesla.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wank posted:

Its "Asian" food but DELIVERED! In MINUTES! Asian food in 20 minutes or less - to your door. Its like Uber but for ASIAN FOOD!

Edit: vvvv I think this particular startup is in Australia somewhere.

Being pitched by a couple of very not-Asian people, of course.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

.random posted:

Disrupting your mouth.
http://blog.sfgate.com/chronstyle/2015/02/19/silicon-valleys-livionex-wants-to-disrupt-dental-care/

but seriously, this sounds pretty awesome and I kind of want to try it? Dental care is pretty ridiculously outdated.

quote:

$20 for a 1.7-oz tube

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

This video is like white_people.avi

• Locked thread