Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

SaltLick posted:

i would text random people and pretend to give a poo poo and get paid for it if i could

you probably can, get a mechanical turk account. You'll end up on like $3 an hour though.

Also, eating delicious food is one of the great pleasures of life. Entire periods of history have been shaped by the desire of people with disposable income to have food that tastes better, and people will pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to eat exquisitely prepared dishes from some of the most skilled artisans in the world. But for some reason the modern nouveau-rich nerd has decided that food is a chore and would like nothing better than to dispense with the whole operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

paranoid randroid posted:

thank god someone streamlined my smiley face deliverables. i was tired of having to fish them out of the trash.

I *think* it has something to do with secondhand goods

Isn't that what ebay, craigslist, goodwill, oxfam shops, freecycle and freegle are for?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

ArbitraryC posted:

Couldn't you just use craigslist if you wanted to give away your old poo poo for free?

yes

but it's not an APP!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

thathonkey posted:

Have you seen the CEO of uber? obvs he did

peacocking like a motherfucker

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
CARS

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
EDIT: I said a thing but thought better of it because reasons

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

naem posted:

What happens when they've been there 6 months and realize it's a mistake and are trapped

they die*

*they won't get there, they won't get off the ground, this would need to be a multi trillion dollar international effort to even have a cat in hells chance of working

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

raditts posted:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

How restrictive is their patent? If this poo poo works, then at worst there will be generic versions within a few years when the patent expires, at best within months if it turns out the patent isn't that strong or there are similar but legally distinct ways of making the active compound

EDIT: or of course, the company realises that selling a hundred million tubes a year at 5 bucks a pop is better than selling a hundred thousand for seventeen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

enraged_camel posted:

Explain to me why this EXACT SAME THING could not happen with a regular cab.

It could, but it would be less likely (due to background checks) and it would be easier to follow up (due to more stringent regulation.)

Uber is taking something that isn't broken, making it worse, and calling it a revolution.

• Locked thread