Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

that was as close to a homer simpson win as i've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Another nice armbar attempt.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I like the BJJ exchanges ok, but they'd be way cooler and more effective with punches thrown in as well.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Nice darce, bad tap.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

1st AD posted:

Rosa and Soriano never really stopped moving on the ground I don't see how you could land any GNP

You don't need a stable position. Say when a guy was turtled with opponent on top. Yes you can hang on for the choke, or you could punch to the side of the head. No hooks were in, so you could think of a knee to the body as well. You obviously risk losing control, but forcing your opponent to think about and defend strikes is well worth it.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

outy posted:

Looked like a legit FedorTap to me. He'd lost the fight anyway.

What tap is this?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

1st AD posted:

But Rosa got the tap, he didn't need GNP

Yup, but in general, good things come from face punching while grappling.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i see what you're trying to say, and if you're not good at jiu jitsu, sure, but rosa was very good at jiu jitsu and what he was doing was making soriano poo poo his pants much more than some arm slaps to the head

Nah. The days of pure BJJ are done. Being good at BJJ is still really good and important, but gnp became ubiquitous for a reason.

e: Rogan talking how good offensive guards are so rare. They used to be common, but they got punched in the face too much, along with the usual passing.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I can't believe they played a hype video featuring a genuine Diaz quote.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Crowd loves the Hooligan, Hooligan is visibly touched. MMA is a very loving sport. +10 fighting spirit

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

That looked like a tap to me.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

lol

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

good fight so far

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Is Lipeng wearing UFC brand shorts with a huge red USA on them?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Good.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Go Doomsday. I remember him well for his fight against Alves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Good, sound beating.

• Locked thread