Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
My working theory on items:

- gently caress em all, they're not trustworthy
- Given the sheer number of them, some of them are very likely booby trapped.
- If there was enough additional kills spread around on items (whether kills who uses it or kills who they target), that makes it very unlikely theres an SK.

Writing that I had a lightbulb pop up, one second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Scum-Keane, I also want to say-- you have played well with the hand dealt here.

When I say scum don't deserve to win, I am excluding you. You put in tons of effort when the rest of your team did not.

The rest of your team however, I dearly want to lose.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

yuming posted:

fits these posts rule.

Something somthing death, sicilians. I'm going to go put on princess bride in the background as I work

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

fits posted:

Something somthing death, sicilians. I'm going to go put on princess bride in the background as I work
Minneapolis movies in the park played the Princess Bride this past summer, it was lovely seeing little kids enjoy it so much~

I predict this game will make it past 115 pages in the post game. idk if Ecco is counting that, though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

yuming posted:

idk if Ecco is counting that, though.

I'm not! but I do expect a few pages of post-game, and this one is already past the France 1915 postcount so I am already very pleased.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Scum, record lurkers. Town, record posters.

Exception: Keane.

Keane, dear Keane, where are you~

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

fits posted:

I forget, did you ever use these/these do anything? Possible SWORD hilt??
I used the hilt on the night I got it and I got flavor that seemed like a PGO-type flavor but who knows.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Rascyc posted:

I used the hilt on the night I got it and I got flavor that seemed like a PGO-type flavor but who knows.

Use it on someone or just use it? Still have it/other items?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just used it, I wasn't able to supply a target.

I have a band and I think a crystal skull or something when we voted off TT. I haven't touched either of these.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

CCKeane posted:

I've been completely removed from any of the items AS WELL I SHOULD, but earlier we were wondering if there was a scum diviner or whatnot.

Now I'm looking at it in terms of how important divination would be, and if it would be important enough for there to be a million billion diviners on the town side.
I read this post differently than you fwiw. It seemed like context for a setup speculation case on you regarding 'scum must have a diviner' or something to that effect. I thought Keane started to bring it up again today

CCKeane posted:

I could believe this, for Ecco is a scoundrel.

That said, the interaction of the diviner claim between TT and Amoeba is pretty interesting. What are your thoughts?

But he never explained it.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Where's the votecounts Eccos.

Having dinner and will be back in a few.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I have an arrow that I thought sounded like it might be a vigkill. (Only based on flavor, I don't know what it does.)

But I haven't used it for fear of what might happen/of killing a town :sparkles:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The only vote out is mine on Keane ATM.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
KEANE oddi ya~

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fits posted:

Where's the votecounts Eccos.
I didn't want to get reported for spamming the same message:

EccoRaven posted:

:c: Votecount :c:

Keane (1): Rasc

:h: 4 alive 3 to execute
:d: Soft deadline for tonight at ~11PM EDT. That's in about :siren:1 1/2 HOURS:siren: from this post!
Remember, after 11 every post must include a vote or an unvote! I dunno what the punishment is yet but it'll be pretty not good for you I promise!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am sleepy. I'm going to have a snack, but I am ready to vote Keane.

KEANE WHERE ARE YOU? Remember how I was the worst AIDS virus scum in your game and mord creeped me out and then we lost the end.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Keane you seem like a decent fellow. I'd hate to kill you while you aren't around.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Deaths:

Stabbings:
Punt So. Nightkill flavour.

Night 0: Illandir stabbed. Sweet prince who was too good for this world :11tea:

Night 1:

Puntification, Eadwine Lampis, Mage (town-aligned diviner), was stabbed in the chest night 1. "First down was Puntification; he was stabbed in the chest and neck, as if by a mighty sword. And yet there was very little blood - his wounds looked cauterized, as if he was actually stabbed with a blade of fire"

Ernie., Przemysław (Prez) Davin, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), had his head explode night 1. "His body was there, but small chunks of brain and skull were scattered about his home, as if his head violently burst open. Who or what even could do such a thing? Rumors fly that Arrentish military scientists are working on a kind of exploding powder that can create as much force as an Archmage's fireball, but surely that isn't what happened with Ernie, was it?"

Night 2:

Byers2142, Callisto meg-Jurgan, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), was stabbed and sliced to death night 2. "They were really disappointed to find Byers had been murdered during the night. He was, as he had claimed, another adventurer, but his home was stripped bare of any goodies or prizes."

Night 3:

Nobody died.

Night 4:

Epsilon Plus, Daithí Claudiae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was stabbed to death night 4. "First was Epsilon Plus - he was softly sleeping in his serenely scented suite only to be stabbed and skewered by a sneaky sellsword. He will be s....s.... missed."

Somberbrero, Cupido Slázsak, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was made comatose night 4. "His body just laid there in his bed, and he was still breathing, but he just... wouldn't wake up. "It's like the lights are on, but nobody is home," observed one brilliant doctor. "Like he's sleeping but not," commented another staggering genius. "

Night 5:

Nobody died.

Night 6:

Diqnol, Ólive Štépánka, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was burned to a crisp night 6. "It looked as if it had burned down from the inside-out, leaving absolutely nothing but a charred black crater in the ground where his home used to be and a few scraps of wood and stone. With Diqnol nowhere to be found, it looked like he must have gone with it. He will be missed."

Opopanax, Pheidhlim Eugeniae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), had his head explode night 6. "Well, most of him was, save for his head. Well, his head was there, too, but just in a lot of tiny pieces all over the place, with shards of skull embedded in the walls, furniture, and even a hunk with some brain matter wedged into a book"

Night 7:

Nobody died.

Night 8:

merk, Nevin Rheae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was run though with a sword night 8. "run through and almost sliced in half (lengthwise ) by a sword. He was very dead."

fiery_valkyrie, Fabiola meg-Larie, Thief (town-aligned thief), was run though with a sword night 8. "She was also run through with a sword and nearly cut in half, in the same way that merk was. Almost exactly the same way."

===

Three different night with zero kills. One sort of conistant method of killing (stabbing) thats linked to the scum (somb seeing byers stabbed)
One made comatose, two head explosions. I'm getting the feeling that these are either item based or the killer is freddy krugeur-esque, killing people in their dreams.
House explosion, probably a bad item
Sword, who knows? Maybe F_V stole the hilt, made a sword, and somehow killed merk and himself :argh:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Sorry, Reffing dodgeball tonight, just got done.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Dodgeball :argh:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yuming, just vig me and move on so you have time.

I think Rascyc is the last scum

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CCKeane posted:

Yuming, just vig me and move on so you have time.

I think Rascyc is the last scum
Vote you so I can sleep?

But I wanna hear ~your thoughts~ Mr.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

Vote you so I can sleep?

But I wanna hear ~your thoughts~ Mr.

No. Vig me. There are three people left. If it backfires, you can cote me immediately.

Vig me so the game can continue.

I think its Rascyc.

And please, my title is "Destroyer of worlds", not Mister.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It is a night use item. I have not even attempted to use it, I am only speculating it is a kill.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

It is a night use item. I have not even attempted to use it, I am only speculating it is a kill.

Uggghhhhhh

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Why do you think it's me?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
zzzzz I am sleepy and my laptop is dying.

##vote CCKEANE

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Finally A New Votecount :c:

Keane (2): Rasc, yuming

:h: 4 / 3
:d: Soft deadline in 30 minutes.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
But I am still here... for now. zzzzz

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Keane I'm going going to feel really bad if I vote toyu and you're not scum :(

Why rascyc?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d: Things someone can do in 15 minutes:

- Make and eat a sandwich
- Ride a bike for 1 mile
- Dance to Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" 4.1 times
- End a mafia game

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Ecco I'd like Keane to at least respond before I vote him off if thats not too much trouble, thanks :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You could vote for any number of other players! The deadline is as soft as freshly kneaded dough.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
:sigh: Lets do this thing. Sorry, Keane.

##vote CCKeane

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Final Day 9 Votecount :c:

Keane (3): Rasc, yuming, fits

:h: 4 / 3
:d: Deadline was Feb. 23, ~11PM EDT.

====================

After a day's deliberation, yuming and Rasc seemed certain that it was Keane who was the (a??) remaining villain. With all the pressure placed on him, fits went to sit on a nearby boulder to ponder. Finally, fits jumped off.

"Nice to meet you, where you been?" asked yuming.

Fits responded, "I needed some time for my mind to... fester, a bit, you know?" Then fits saw Keane's face, he saw the anger and fear and hatred behind Keane's eyes. 'You look like my next mistake,' fits thought. 'I really hope I'm right about this.'

Yuming and Rasc then proceeded to tell fits everything they'd figured out about Keane, but fits sighed wistfully. "Rumors fly, don't they? But, at this point, I'm just dying to see how this one ends."

Fits furrowed his brow and, mustering all his remaining gumption, he pushed Keane over the ledge. Keane went down in flames, screaming and cursing all the way to the bottom, calling them all "gosh golly molly buffoons." As he landed against the rocks and washed into the river, fits wondered, should Keane actually be scum, if the high from murder and deceit was worth all the pain. He was so young, so reckless, and even if he was a traitor with good intentions - say, just some young recruit dissatisfied with the leadership - killing people was taking it way too far. His actions have left a nasty scar on the history of the Sisters forevermore.

Checking Keane's home, they looked for all the signs that he was a traitor: stolen treasure, bloodied weapons, scrawled notes proclaiming his desire to kill everyone and take the gold for himself, long lists of ex-victims, something, anything to reveal that he was insane.

But all they found was a blank space, baby.

:s: CCKeane, Charis (Charlie) meg-Reedy, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 9. :s:

It is now Night 9. Submit your ac---

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
As the waning moon rose over the sky, fits returned to the edge of the cliff. He stared into the waters below, the moonlight shimmering over the rapids and foam. He wondered if this was all worth it. So many had died, so many of them innocent. He had gone through this entire ordeal keeping his hands as clean as possible, trying to avoid getting caught up in the commotion, focusing only on the mission he set out for himself days ago. He couldn't feel sorry for the dead - he mustn't - or else everything he had worked to accomplish would be for naught. If he, for even a moment, wavered, then he would be consumed by the darkness, made to become a monster just like the others. He clenched his hand into a fist. He had one more job to do, and by the time the sun rose tomorrow, he would be ready to finish what he started.

As he was grappling with these emotions, though, a sword thrust through his back. He tried to turn around to face his attacker, but the shadowy figure placed their foot against fits's back and pushed fits over the ledge, removing the sword at the same time. The last thing fits heard was a quip: "pity, the blade did... fit, so well." Ugh, fits thought, that's not even clever.

:s: fits, Linus Malista, Mage (town-aligned diviner), was run through night 9. :s:

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 24, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Rasc sat in his living room drinking some tea. This had been a very long and trying week. So many of his friends were brutally murdered, and each time the sun rose, Rasc feared he would be next. He sipped his tea again, staring into the flame of a thin white candle. Tea is hard to find in Bishadh, but, even when you're as far away from civilization as you can be, no effort should be spared in basic human decency. He wasn't particularly surprised when yuming slammed against his door with the heel of her boot. "Come out, you coward!" she shouted. "It's time for you to meet your ancestors like the rest." Rasc put the cup down and closed his eyes, breathing in and out. He had a plan, and he hoped it'd work. He shouted back for yuming to come in, "it's unlocked. You needn't be some sort of savage that assaults people's doors." Yuming cautiously opened the door, and seeing Rasc sitting calmly drinking tea, she sprang into action. She grabbed an arrow from her bag and waved it at Rasc. As she shook it, small glittery sparks erupted from its sharp steel tip.
"This little guy is going to run you through. Any last words?"
Rasc smiled. "Yes. Duck."
Yuming, who was intimately familiar with the trope, immediately ducked, dodging whatever trap Rasc had laid for her.
Rasc laughed. "Oh my goddess, you actually did it! Oh gosh golly, that's delightful, thank you for that." Yuming stood up looking confused.

...then she found Rasc had swiftly impaled her with a large sword of light. She fell with a thud, not hearing whatever stupid pun Rasc had to say. Probably something involving the word "you," who knows, it is a mystery for the ages.

When the sun rose the Sisters of Hecate were destroyed, completely and utterly. Rasc - aka the notorious bandit-killer Aileen Wojda - mourned the loss of her companions. But she figured, this means the treasure doesn't have to be split five ways. One is such an easier division. As she sat on top of the mountain of gold coins and treasure chests overflowing with jewelry and gemstones and candlesticks and skulls and necklaces and weapons and cool glowing armor, she laughed. Yesterday she feared for her life. Today her biggest concern is just:

"How the hell am I gonna carry this all with me?!"

:s: yuming, Aeliana Leos, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), was endgamed. :s:

:shopkeeper:
Rascyc, Aileen Wojda, Enchantress (mafia-aligned enchantress), has eliminated the town and won the game for all mafia-aligned players.

THE GAME IS OVER
THE MAFIA HAVE WON

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Bandits of Bishadh

A Game for 21 players

- 5 Mafia CAN ONLY SPEAK OOT AT NIGHT; KNOW THEIR IDENTITIES THOUGH
--- 3 inventors
--- 1 enchantress (can enchant blank items and divine the full effects of other items) (starts with KNIFE + 2 blanks: SILVER RING & PEARL NECKLACE)
--- 1 bodyguard, 1-shot BP (starts with HILT)

- 16 town
--- 2 inventors
--- 2 thieves
--- 3 mages (can divine the next effect of items)
--- 9 vanilla

======================

Player List:

1) Rascyc - Aileen Wojda - Enchantress (mafia-aligned enchantress)
2) Chic Trombone - Maeve meg-Soludae - Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor)
3) Tremendous Taste - Ulliver Burnside - Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor)
4) kaschei Amnistar Amoeba102 - Damien Whey - Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor)
5) Asiina Pinterest Mom - Rory Slupshak - Bodyguard (mafia-aligned bodyguard)

6) Ernie. - Przemysław (Prez) Davin - Adventurer (town-aligned inventor)
7) Byers2142 - Callisto meg-Jurgan - Adventurer (town-aligned inventor)
8) Rarity - Lucilia meg-Mullanor - Thief (town-aligned thief)
9) fiery_valkyrie - Fabiola meg-Larie - Thief (town-aligned thief)
10) bowmore fits - Linus Malista - Mage (town-aligned diviner)
11) Puntification - Eadwine Lampis - Mage (town-aligned diviner)
12) The Ninth Layer - Florentius Oppota - Mage (town-aligned diviner)

13) Meinberg - Gopála Z'denae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
14) merk - Nevin Rheae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
15) Somberbrero - Cupido Slázsak - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
16) Epsilon Plus - Daithí Claudiae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
17) wins32767 - Fionnuala (Fiona) Séabhdha - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
18) True and Real/Diqnol - Ólive Štépánka - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
19) yuming - Aeliana Leos - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
20) Opopanax - Pheidhlim Eugeniae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
21) CCKeane - Charis (Charlie) meg-Reedy - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)

======================

ALL THE NIGHT FLAVOR:
http://pastebin.com/zsvE3trX

Night Actions:

Night 0:
Rasc enchants: PEARL NECKLACE with STEAL enchantment. In practice: 1: You MUST perform a ##steal on someone; if you do not succeed you become -4 hated. 2: Ibid, but you die. CURSED, CANNOT REMOVE ONCE WORN.
Chic discards: COIN to Ernie
Taste discards: SILVER RING to Asiina
kaschei discards: BOTTLE to Ernie

Ernie discards: CANDLE to Rasc; SPECTACLES to Kaschei
Byers discards: SAPPHIRE NECKLACE to Merk; URN to Ernie; CHALICE to Asiina; RUBY RING to Diqnol; EGG to Wins.

ITEMS D1:
Rasc: KNIFE, CANDLE
Chic: CANDELABRA, PEARL NECKLACE, LAVENDER, INGOT
Taste: RING, UKULELE, STATUE, CROWN
kaschei: SKULL, EMERALD, WEDDING BAND, SCEPTER, SPECTACLES
Asiina: HILT, SILVER RING, CHALICE
Ernie: SILVER NECKLACE, SWORD, ARROW, BOTTLE, COIN, URN
Diqnol: RUBY RING
wins: EGG
merk: SAPPHIRE NECKLACE

Day 1:
Town executes Rarity
bowmore replaced by fits

Night 1:
Rasc divines: CANDLE
Chic discards: PEARL NECKLACE OF AVARICE to Diqnol
fiery steals from TNL

Asiina uses HILT on Puntification
wins uses EGG
Diqnol uses RUBY RING; protects kaschei
merk uses SAPPHIRE NECKLACE; tracks Chic to Diqnol
Ernie uses COIN --> HEADS, dead
Taste uses STATUE
kaschei uses SPECTACLES; watches Merk (nobody)

ITEMS D2:
Chic: CANDELABRA, LAVENDER, INGOT, SILVER NECKLACE
Taste: RING, UKULELE, STATUE, CROWN, SWORD, ARROW, BOTTLE, COIN
Amoeba: SKULL, EMERALD, WEDDING BAND, SCEPTER, SPECTACLES
Asiina: HILT, SILVER RING, CHALICE
Diqnol: RUBY RING, PEARL NECKLACE, URN

Day 2:
kaschei replaced by Amnistar replaced by Amoeba
Asiina replaced by Pinterest Mom
Town executes Chic

Night 2:
Rasc uses CANDLE
Ninth divines CANDELABRA
fiery steals from Taste; gets two of RING, CROWN, or COIN

Amoeba uses SKULL; divines OWN ALIGNMENT. Can choose on subsequent nights.
TT uses UKELELE
merk uses SAPPHIRE NECKLACE; tracks yuming.
wins uses INGOT
Somber uses SILVER NECKLACE; trackwatches: Byers. Sees: Pinterest Mom, awww tragic.
Diqnol uses RUBY RING on merk; protects merk

ITEMS D3:
Taste: RING, UKULELE, SWORD, ARROW, BOTTLE, COIN
Amoeba: SKULL, EMERALD, WEDDING BAND, SCEPTER, SPECTACLES
PMom: HILT, SILVER RING, CHALICE
Ninth: CANDELABRA
Epsilon: LAVENDER
Wins: INGOT
Somberbrero: SILVER NECKLACE
fiery: STATUE, CROWN

Day 3:
Town executes Pinterest Mom

Night 3:
Rasc divines: COIN
Amoeba uses HILT on merk

Epsilon uses LAVENDER
Diqnol uses RUBY RING on Merk
merk uses SAPPHIRE NECKLACE on Ninth
wins uses INGOT
fiery uses STATUE
Somber uses SILVER NECKLACE on self
Ninth uses CANDELABRA on Merk

ITEMS D4:
Taste: RING, UKULELE, SWORD, ARROW, BOTTLE, COIN
Amoeba: SKULL, EMERALD, WEDDING BAND, SCEPTER, SPECTACLES, HILT
Ninth: CANDELABRA
Somberbrero: SILVER NECKLACE
fiery: STATUE, CROWN

Day 4:
Town executes Meinberg

Night 4:
Rasc uses CANDLE (one night left)
Amoeba uses HILT on Epsilon
Taste discards ARROW to yuming, SWORD to Rasc, COIN to Opop, BOTTLE to Diqnol, RING to Ninth, and UKELELE to fiery

Diqnol discards RUBY RING, PEARL NECKLACE, and URN to Tremendous Taste (omgggg)
fiery uses STATUE (breaks, STONE OF ZOSIA tossed)
merk uses SAPPHIRE NECKLACE on fiery (nowhere!)
wins uses INGOT (standing on mountain raining fire, killing carriage driver and two bruisers, one a dwarf and one a giant tumor)
Somberbrero uses SILVER NECKLACE on Diqnol (DIES)
Ninth discards CANDELABRA to Keane

ITEMS D5:
Rasc: KNIFE, CANDLE, SWORD
Taste: RUBY RING, PEARL NECKLACE, URN
Amoeba: SKULL, EMERALD, WEDDING BAND, SCEPTER, SPECTACLES, HILT
Diqnol: BOTTLE
Ninth: RING
fiery: CROWN, UKULELE
yuming: ARROW
Opopanax: COIN
Keane: CANDELABRA

Day 5:
Town executes Amoeba

Night 5:
Ninth divines RING; told BP, but not to trust it

Rasc uses HILT
Taste uses URN - strike 1.
Diqnol uses SCEPTER on Opop
merk uses SAPPHIRE NECKLACE on Keane; --> merk
Keane uses CANDELABRA on merk; becomes masons w/merk
Opop uses COIN; lands on TAILS: one-shot investigation on Ninth
fiery uses UKELELE
wins uses INGOT

ITEMS D6:
Rasc: KNIFE, CANDLE, SWORD, WEDDING BAND, HILT
Diqnol: BOTTLE, EMERALD
merk: SAPPHIRE NECKLACE, SKULL, SPECTACLES
Ninth: RING
fiery: CROWN, UKULELE
Opopanax: COIN
Keane: CANDELABRA

Day 6:
Town executes Ninth

Night 6:
fiery steals from Keane (gets CANDELABRA before use)

Taste attempts to use RUBY RING; fails, forced to drink urn
Rasc uses HILT
merk uses SAPPHIRE NECKLACE on Diqnol (lol; acquires EMERALD)
Keane uses CANDELABRA on yuming (FAILS, stolen!)
Opop uses COIN; lands on HEADS. Boom!
Diqnol uses EMERALD; BOOM!
wins uses INGOT

ITEMS D7:
Rasc: KNIFE, CANDLE, SWORD, WEDDING BAND, HILT
merk: SAPPHIRE NECKLACE, SKULL, SPECTACLES, EMERALD
fiery: CROWN, UKULELE, CANDELABRA

Day 7:
Town executes: Taste

Night 7:
Rasc uses HILT
fiery uses CANDELABRA on merk
merk uses SAPPHIRE NECKLACE on wins
wins uses INGOT (lol)

ITEMS D8:
Rasc: KNIFE, CANDLE, SWORD, WEDDING BAND, HILT, PEARL NECKLACE
merk: SAPPHIRE NECKLACE, SKULL, SPECTACLES, EMERALD
fiery: CROWN, UKULELE, CANDELABRA, RUBY RING
Keane: URN

Day 8:
Town executes wins

Night 8:
Rasc uses HILT on merk
merk uses SAPPHIRE NECKLACE on Rasc (-> merk, lol)
fiery uses RUBY RING on self; unfort. merk dies so fiery dies too

ITEMS D9:
Rasc: KNIFE, CANDLE, SWORD, WEDDING BAND, HILT, PEARL NECKLACE
Keane: URN

Day 9:
Town executes Keane

Night 9:
Rasc uses HILT on fits

yuming endgamed

MAFIA WINS
GAME OVER

======================

Role PMs:

Rascyc - Aileen Wojda - Enchantress (mafia-aligned enchantress)
You are a brave treasure hunter; when there is a promise of loot and gold to be had, you rush to the scene to claim your prizes. And if someone else gets in your way? Well, your short temper and powerful magickal abilities means more often than not your enemies find themselves exploded, frozen in blocks of ice, or otherwise not doing very well. Your reputation has giving you the delightful epithet "the Bandit Killer." Still, you try to avoid mass slaughter when you can, since you're not a monster. You just love gold!
A few weeks ago you developed the nerve to infiltrate the Sisters of Hecate with your team, intending to befriend them, and then when they least suspect it, killing their leader and scaring the rest away so their massive treasure is yours. Or that was the plan anyway. Instead they've revolted and regrouped, deciding to hunt the traitors down. Well, time to kill a few more, maybe then they'll get the picture!

You are a mafioso! You seek to kill the bandits and steal their gold, and as such, win when your team composes a majority of the town or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Rascyc, Chic, Taste, kaschei, and Asiina. You all are confirmed to be of the same alignment, however you may NOT communicate OOT freely - you may only talk at night. (MOD NOTE: honor system, please.)
To assist your conquest, you are able to use your abilities as an enchantress to discern the power of magickal artifacts. A handful are in the game, most of which have unknown properties. If you or your team receives an artifact, you may, during the night, investigate it further to figure out what it can do and if it is safe to use. Furthermore, if you discover the item lacks any enchantment on it at all, or the enchantment has worn away, you may enchant it yourself with an ability of your choice! The sky's the limit! (MOD NOTE: I reward creativity and punish laziness.) Investigating an item and enchanting it are two separate actions, as such you may only perform one a night.
In fact, you start the game with one such artifact: a glowing green knife that has the power to pierce most armor! During the night, in lieu of any other action, you may ##use KNIFE on <player> to perform a nightkill on a player of your choice. You may also, if you so choose, ##discard KNIFE <player>, giving it to someone else. Note that, should you lose the knife, you lose your personal ability to kill, so take care of it, as your team does not have a collective nightkill.
You are an enchantress and you are mafia-aligned.

Chic Trombone - Maeve meg-Soludae - Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor)
Hi-ho! You are an adventurer seeking fame and more importantly fortune in the world. You've teamed up with your illustrious leader, Aileen (Rascyc), to infiltrate a gang of bandits and steal their treasure. All was going according to plan until the night you killed their Leader and began raiding their treasury. Now they're out for revenge, and will do anything they can to protect their gold!
You are a mafioso! You seek to kill the bandits and steal their gold, and as such, win when your team composes a majority of the town or nothing can stop the same. Your team consists of: Rascyc, Chic, Taste, kaschei, and Asiina. You all are confirmed to be of the same alignment, however you may NOT communicate OOT freely - you may only talk at night. (MOD NOTE: honor system, please.)
Their treasury is highly guarded and protected by numerous wards and protections. Despite that, you still managed to break in and snag a few magickal artifacts for yourself before being caught. Unless otherwise specified, though, you are not sure what an item does, and in your extensive adventuring experience, sometimes magic artifacts are way more trouble than they're worth. Still, they can be very powerful in the right hands. Each night you may take a risk and chose to ##use <ARTIFACT>, or you may instead ##discard <ARTIFACT> <player>," pawning it off on someone else. You may only choose one action per night, though you may discard as many items as you like if you choose that route.
You are an inventor and you are mafia-aligned!

Your items:
- a golden CANDELABRA, with rubies encrusted at each stem. There are four red candles already in it, with some wax having dripped down over some of the rubies.
- a kitchy PEARL NECKLACE. You are aware that it has no enchantment.
- a sprig of LAVENDER. It smells very pleasant, and seems to remain fresh despite being plucked goddess knows how long ago.
- a gold COIN, on the obverse the face has been scratched out with an X, on the reverse the words have been scratched over with the phrase "GIVE IT A CHANCE"
- a gold INGOT, stamped with the seal of the legendary Queen Krelo.

Tremendous Taste - Ulliver Burnside - Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor)
Hi-ho! You are an adventurer seeking fame and more importantly fortune in the world. You've teamed up with your illustrious leader, Aileen (Rascyc), to infiltrate a gang of bandits and steal their treasure. All was going according to plan until the night you killed their Leader and began raiding their treasury. Now they're out for revenge, and will do anything they can to protect their gold!
Their treasury is highly guarded and protected by numerous wards and protections. Despite that, you still managed to break in and snag a few magickal artifacts for yourself before being caught. Unless otherwise specified, though, you are not sure what an item does, and in your extensive adventuring experience, sometimes magic artifacts are way more trouble than they're worth. Still, they can be very powerful in the right hands. Each night you may take a risk and chose to ##use <ARTIFACT>, or you may instead ##discard <ARTIFACT> <player>," pawning it off on someone else. You may only choose one action per night, though you may discard as many items as you like if you choose that route.

Your items:
- a SILVER RING. There is nothing special about it. You are aware that it has no enchantment.
- a golden RING, with strange lettering scribbled all around it.
- an old wooden UKULELE, still in tune.
- a small stone STATUE of Saint Jacosta the Good, magically laced with gold and with tiny rubies for eyes. The rubies glisten in the moonlight.
- a majestic CROWN of soft gold, interwoven with rubies, emeralds, and sapphires, with a single moonstone the size of a palm at the peak.

kaschei Amnistar Amoeba102 - Damien Whey - Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor)

Your items:
- a grossly misshapen human SKULL, with sapphires shoved into its eyesockets and linen holding its jawbone in place. It still has all its teeth.
- an empty wine BOTTLE, it has stamped on it "MARLEY BROTHERS 429 P.J." - a good year.
- an EMERALD the size of a fist. It is extremely beautiful.
- a WEDDING BAND made of solid sapphire.
- a golden SCEPTER, with an large diamond at the top carved into a plum bob.

Asiina - Rory Slupshak - Bodyguard (mafia-aligned bodyguard)
Huzzah! You are the personal bodyguard to the great adventurer Aileen (Rascyc), her sworn protector against the bandits and villains who come your way! You also get a sweet cut of the loot, which is certainly nice. You've recently followed Aileen and the rest of her team into the camp of the Sisters of Hecate, brigands and vandals who have a massive treasure under their roof. It was supposed to be simple: one by one you joined their encampment as new recruits, gained their confidence, and became just another face in the crowd. Then, when they would least suspect it, you'd dramatically kill their leader, scaring the rest of them away! It, well, didn't really work, and now all the bandits are trying to discover your identity and bring you to "justice." Ugh. You've got to protect your team and get out in one piece!
To assist you, you are a very skilled swordswoman. You may, during the night, target a player in the game - if someone tries to kill them during the night, you will fend off the attacker as best as you can, but will likely die in their stead.
However, you also have in your possession a powerful magickal artifact: while it looks like a normal sword hilt with a ruby for a pommel, in truth when drawn from its scabbard it becomes the MOONLIGHT MONTANTE, whose blade glows like the light of the full moon. You may, during the night, instead of bodyguarding, ##use HILT <player>, drawing your sword. If you specify another player, you will attempt a nightkill on that player. If you specify yourself, instead you become a self-elite bodyguard with one-shot bulletproof: anyone who targets you for a kill will die instead, and you'll survive the first time it happens. You may also, if you so choose, ##discard HILT <player>, giving it to someone else.
Note that your team does not have a collective nightkill. The Montante is a powerful weapon; keep it close.
You are a bodyguard and you are mafia-aligned.

Ernie. - Przemysław (Prez) Davin - Adventurer (town-aligned inventor)
Hail the Sisters of Hecate! You have been a loyal member of the bandit gang for years, raiding and looting with the best of them. You personally are a leader among the gang, and have used your influence to guide the gang to even greater gold and glories! (And have helped yourself to a greater share of the spoils, of course.) But now it seems like someone doesn't want to play by the rules, and seeks the treasure all for themselves! Well that just will not do. Find the scum in your camp and make an example out of them!
You are a townie! You seek to eliminate the traitors in your town, and as such, win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal townie powers of posting and voting in the thread.
In addition, you have acquired over the years a great deal of loot, including a very extensive array of magickal artifacts. Five of such artifacts are below. You know not what they do - if anything - and you know that sometimes artifacts can be more deadly to the user than to the receiver, as it were. Still, in the right hands these could be very, very powerful. During the night you may choose to ##use <ITEM> and see what happens, or ##discard <ITEM> <player>, letting someone else take the risk. You may only choose one action to perform, but, you may discard multiple items a night if you so wish.
You are an inventor and you are town-aligned.

Your items:
- a simple SILVER NECKLACE, with a scapular depicting some old saint, but their identity has worn down beyond recognition.
- a single white CANDLE, freshly rolled.
- a strange SWORD. It does not look to be very good at what a sword does, since it is shaped like a veiny penis, and has a single sapphire at the... uh, tip.
- a pair of SPECTACLES, made of sapphire frames and glass lenses. They look to be made for someone who really can't see beyond their nose.
- a majestic ARROW, with a tip of the finest Jaharod steel from the forges of the Livireen.

Byers2142 - Callisto meg-Jurgan - Adventurer (town-aligned inventor)
Hail the Sisters of Hecate! You have been a loyal member of the bandit gang for years, raiding and looting with the best of them. You personally are a leader among the gang, and have used your influence to guide the gang to even greater gold and glories! (And have helped yourself to a greater share of the spoils, of course.) But now it seems like someone doesn't want to play by the rules, and seeks the treasure all for themselves! Well that just will not do. Find the scum in your camp and make an example out of them!
You are a townie! You seek to eliminate the traitors in your town, and as such, win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal townie powers of posting and voting in the thread.
In addition, you have acquired over the years a great deal of loot, including a very extensive array of magickal artifacts. Five of such artifacts are below. You know not what they do - if anything - and you know that sometimes artifacts can be more deadly to the user than to the receiver, as it were. Still, in the right hands these could be very, very powerful. During the night you may choose to ##use <ITEM> and see what happens, or ##discard <ITEM> <player>, letting someone else take the risk. You may only choose one action to perform, but, you may discard multiple items a night if you so wish.
You are an inventor and you are town-aligned.
Your items:
- a NECKLACE made of SAPPHIRES (SAPPHIRE NECKLACE) that shimmer in the light. It is quite heavy, heavier than it should be perhaps.
- a golden URN, with two silver coins at the bottom. Strange, though, the coins are so large but the mouth of the urn is so tiny.
- a simple wooden CHALICE. Water placed inside it becomes smokey.
- a RUBY RING.
- a glass EGG encrusted with diamonds. It looks very fragile, but is exceedingly beautiful.

Rarity - Lucilia meg-Mullanor - Thief (town-aligned thief)
fiery_valkyrie - Fabiola meg-Larie - Thief (town-aligned thief)
Loot. It is such a simple word - two of its letters are the same! - but it is so powerful. The promise of loot, gold, riches, and power beyond imagination... it's what drew you to the Sisters of Hecate in the first place. You've been minding your own business, just keeping your head down and doing your job adequately until you get promoted to Bandit Manager, giving you a bonus and your own share of the treasure. But it seems like someone was tired of waiting - they've killed your leader and are now trying to get the treasure all for themselves! How... well, bandit-like. You have to stop them.
To assist you, you are a skilled thief; you are able to sneak into places you don't belong and take stuff that isn't yours without getting caught in the process. You may, during the night, target a player in the game and rummage through their personal property. If they have stuff to take, you will have the option to snatch it for yourself. During subsequent nights you may, in lieu of other actions, ##use ITEM at your leisure.
You are a thief and you are town-aligned.

bowmore fits - Linus Malista - Mage (town-aligned diviner)
Puntification - Eadwine Lampis - Mage (town-aligned diviner)
The Ninth Layer - Florentius Oppota - Mage (town-aligned diviner)
It is rare for a mage of the Toumbli Academy to seek out a life of banditry. Normally recruiters from across the queendoms give all mages a cushy job right after graduation at some witch firm or government agency, where, as long as they keep their nose to the grindstone, they'd be set for life. But the market is changing. There are too many for-profit magic schools that just churn out degrees, and the market is just so saturated with mages that unemployment post-graduation is now the norm rather than the exception. So, you've decided to think outside the box, and what better, untapped market is there than barbarians? You've joined the Sisters of Hecate, a group of bandits in the Bishadh valley, as a magician. You do all the basic stuff - healing minor wounds, throwing around fancy fireballs, that sort of thing. But your specialty is divination - discovering the secrets hidden within powerful magickal items. But with the discovery that there are murderous traitors in your camp, you now have to divine a wholly different kind of secret!
You are also a skilled mage, specializing in divination. You are aware that there are a collection of magickal artifacts floating around in the game, most of which have totally unknown properties. If you receive such an item, you may, during the night, ##divine ITEM to discover what it does.
You are a diviner and you are town-aligned.

Meinberg - Gopála Z'denae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
merk - Nevin Rheae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
Somberbrero - Cupido Slázsak - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
Epsilon Plus - Daithí Claudiae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
wins32767 - Fionnuala (Fiona) Séabhdha - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
True and Real/Diqnol - Ólive Štépánka - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
yuming - Aeliana Leos - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
Opopanax - Pheidhlim Eugeniae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
CCKeane - Charis (Charlie) meg-Reedy - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
Hail the Sisters of Hecate! You are a bandit; you take what others have and make it your own, because might always makes right. What you like about the Sisters, though, is the feeling of community - most bandits would kill each other as soon as it looks like doing so would get them a few pieces of gold, but for the Sisters it's not about the wealth. It's about the thrill of banditry, the teamwork required in planning a heist and carrying it through to completion, and the copious ale-drinking afterwards! So it was with deep, deep shock when you found your leader had been literally stabbed in the back, murdered by one of your fellow companions. Now you need to band together and find the traitors in your camp, before they destroy everything you hold dear... including YOU.
You have no other powers or abilities at this time.
You are vanilla and you are necessarily town-aligned.

======================

SETUP NOTES:

Each inventor has 5 items to distribute to the players in the game.
An item is usually held by someone at all times unless it has been destroyed from overuse. Items are recycled from dead players by thieves OR randomly given to a voter (for execution) OR any player who targets them the night they died (for nightkills).
Each item has different effects, and effects usually change per use (usually worse, sometimes better, sometimes hilariously worse)
Players may only use one item a night, but may discard as many items as they like to as many players. Cannot discard and use in the same night, though.

Theme: entire town NPCs, expendable and faceless mooks.

LIST OF ITEMS

(to be distributed randomly between town and scum alike)

ruby: protection
sapphire: investigation
emerald: kill
gold: others
silver: self

- a KNIFE, glowing green in the moonlight 1: KILL 2: KILL 3: BREAKS (NOTE: always starts with enchantress)

- a SWORD, shaped like a penis, with a sapphire on the edges of the hilt 1: SELF-WATCHER 2: SELF-WATCHER 3: ELITE BODYGUARD

- the HILT of a greatsword (blade missing), with a ruby as the pommel SWORD OF LIGHT, SELF-ELITE BODYGUARD, OR NIGHTKILLS (NOTE: always starts with BG)

- an ARROW with a tip of Jaharod steel 1: POINTS TO ALL WHO TARGETED PLAYER 2: KILLS WHOEVER ENTERS ROOM, OR IF NOONE, OWNER

- a CANDLE, white 1: PROTECTION ON PLAYER 2: PROTECTION ON PLAYER 3: PROTECTION ON PLAYER 4: BURNS OUT

- a CANDELABRA, a ruby on each stem 1: PROTECTION ON PLAYER AND ANOTHER PLAYER OF THEIR CHOICE 2: SAME BUT PLAYERS BECOME MASONS 3: PLAYERS BECOME LINKED AND ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO THE TARGET HAPPENS TO THE USER

- a stem of LAVENDER 1: SMELLS NICE 2: SMELLS NICE 3: SMELLS NICE

- an empty BOTTLE of wine UNENCHANTED

- a golden CROWN encrusted with rubies, sapphires, and emeralds 1: PLAYER HAS THE POWERS OF A GOD (can perform one each of a "protection," "investigation," and "kill" powers of their choice, or combine them at their leisure) 2: IBID 3: PLAYER BECOMES SURVIVOR 4: PLAYER BECOMES SK

- a SCEPTER with a single diamond at the end 1: PLAYER BECOMES MASONS WITH ANYONE IN THE GAME 2: NONE 3: NONE 4: NONE

- a NECKLACE made of PEARLS UNENCHANTED (note: with enchantress)

- a NECKLACE made of SAPPHIRES PLAYER IS A TRACKER

- a drab SILVER NECKLACE 1: PLAYER BECOMES SPECTRAL, CAN TRACKWATCH ANYONE IN THE GAME 2: IBID 3: PLAYER CANNOT REENTER BODY (DIES)

- a SILVER RING UNENCHANTED (note: with enchantress)

- a golden RING with a large RUBY in the center PLAYER IS A DOCTOR

- a RING surrounded on all sides by strange writing 1: PLAYER TURNS INVISIBLE (BP) 2: PLAYER TURNS INVISIBLE, CANNOT REMOVE RING UNTIL SUNDOWN (can only post once per RL day and cannot vote) 3: PLAYER CANNOT REMOVE RING, DISAPPEARS FROM REALITY (dies)

- an EMERALD the size of a fist 1: PLAYER EXPLODES. ANYONE WHO TARGETS PLAYER NIGHT OF THE EXPLOSION ACQUIRES EMERALD

- a grossly misshapen human SKULL with sapphires shoved into the eye sockets and linen holding the jawbone in place 1: PLAYER IS A COP 2: IBID 3: IBID 4: JAW FALLS OFF, PLAYER BECOMES A REPORTER (can tell if someone is out and about but not where or what)

- a gold STATUE of Saint Jacosta the Good with rubies for eyes 1: PLAYER IS PROTECTED 2: IBID 3: STATUE CRUMBLES REVEALING MAGICAL STONE. IF PLAYER IS "MAGE" OR "ENCHANTRESS," LETS THE PLAYER PERFORM A ONE-SHOT POWER OF THEIR CHOICE. OTHERWISE, DISCARDED

- a pair of SPECTACLES with sapphire frames 1: WATCHER 2: IBID 3: GLASSES BREAK, BECOMES SELF-WATCHER FOR REST OF GAME

- a gold COIN, on the obverse the face has been scratched out, on the reverse the words have been scratched over with the phrase "GIVE IT A CHANCE" 1: COINFLIP. HEADS, ONE-SHOT POWER RANDOMLY SELECTED FROM: COP, DOC, VIG. TAILS, DIES.

- a golden URN with two silver coins placed inside 1: DRINK THE URN. DRINK IT. IT BECKONS. 2: DRINK. 3: DRIIIIIINK and you're dead

- a WEDDING BAND made of sapphire 1: DAYCOP THE FOLLOWING DAY 2: IBID 3: RING WON'T COME OFF, BECOMES (insane) ECCO COP

- a UKULELE, out of tune UNENCHANTED

- a single gold INGOT UNENCHANTED

Two other items hastily added because I am bad at math:
- a CHALICE, wooden and plain. 1: BP THAT NIGHT 2: LP THE NEXT DAY 3: BOTH 4: DISSOLVES INTO GOO (dies)
- a glass EGG, with diamonds around it. 1: BREAKS, BECOMES MASONS WITH WHOEVER TARGETS THEM THAT NIGHT, IF ANYONE.

KNIFE
SWORD
HILT
ARROW
CANDLE
CANDELABRA
LAVENDER
BOTTLE
CROWN
SCEPTER
PEARL NECKLACE
SAPPHIRE NECKLACE
SILVER NECKLACE
SILVER RING
RUBY RING
RING
EMERALD
SKULL
STATUE
SPECTACLES
COIN
URN
WEDDING BAND
UKULELE
INGOT
CHALICE
EGG

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 24, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

JUST ABOUT THE SETUP OH BOY WHAT DID I GET MYSELF IN TO:

BACKGROUND
-This game came to me in a vision sometime in early January while I was feverish and influenzal; it seemed interesting enough to get me to buy bugs and eat some. My idea was, what would it look like in reality to have a team of heroes surrounded by expendable NPCs - to have a massive pool of people whose sole purpose is to die and advance the protagonists' storylines. I figured the best way to kill off a bunch of people but make it seem like I wasn't the one doing it was with items that explode killing the user (harkening back to the delightful musket mechanic from my France 1789 game). From there the rest of the setup fell into place.
--- I have also always been a fan of democratizing mafia power roles; it seems positively authoritarian and morally repugnant to let a few individuals control all the game's power. I've experimented with item-based power roles in the past (France 1915 comes to mind), but this was my first time stepping away from R&D and jumping straight into launch (I am not an engineer I dunno if I used those terms correctly).

- The plot of the game was inspired by the first episodes of the animu (:keke:) Slayers; a five-man team, one of them a brute with a SWORD OF LIGHT, and another a tiny enchantress (Rasc's character name was Aileen - literally, Lina inversed! hahahahahahahaha). Two of the items - the statue of St. Jocasta with a magic stone inside it, as well as a green enchanted knife - are directly inspired from a subplot in those first few episodes.

- The setting was inspired by fantasy Irish countrysides; most of the names in the game are Irish/Celtic, but with some Arrentish (Greco-Romano-Polish) thrown in.

ITEMS
- I came up with twenty-seven items total (most of which are inspired by crap I have scattered in my room), and all but five of them have their own unique enchantments. In general, if an item had sapphires involved, they gave investigative powers to the user; if an item had rubies, it was a protective power; emeralds, a killing power (though unfortunately I didn't really include many emerald items, which is a travesty because it is my second or third favorite gemstone); and diamonds, a mason-recruiting power. If the item was silver, it was intended to be used on other players; gold, exclusively the user. These weren't hard-fast rules but I was hoping they'd be clear enough general guidelines for players to eventually figure out.
--- The items were not made with balance in mind. They were made out of my own creativity and imagination but I knew the game would be chaotic enough that there was no reasonable way to "balance" it all. I figured it'd come out in the wash (and it did! hooray).
--- The only items reserved for specific players was the KNIFE (a nightkilling power) for the Enchantress (Rasc), and the HILT to the SWORD OF LIGHT/MOONLIGHT MONTANTE for the Bodyguard (Asiina/PMom). Two knowingly unenchanted items were reserved for two of the scum inventors. The twenty-three remaining items were RNG'd among the five inventors.

- Regarding items that had no enchantment when used, I would give the user a little bit of flavor to make it seem like it might maybe have done something, but the user isn't sure. This was in contrast to items that actually had enchantments, which would in the flavor give a very, very clear effect. Epsilon pointed out, though, that I accidentally used the phrase "woke up feeling refreshed" too often during these dummy flavors. Whoops.

- As wins successfully deduced, when Adventurers died, their items were given out to players. If they died at night (or absconded, apparently), the items were a grab-bag. If they died by vote, they went to players who voted for the adventurer based on the following priorities: VANILLA, NO ITEM > TOWN PR, NO ITEM > TOWN, ITEM > SCUM. I made an exception to this rule for the HILT, which, in case of a scumbuddy being voted off, would always go to the hands of a scumbuddy who bussed them (meaning of course if nobody bussed them, the HILT would be given to a townie).

- Protection items and abilities, had they ever been used on a player who died at night because of an item, would have protected them from death. So, for instance, if someone had used the protection power of the RUBY RING on Diqnol the night he died from the EMERALD, Diqnol would have survived. The mafia's bodyguarding power would have worked the same way had that ever come about

- As you all have gathered, items often change their abilities the number of times they are used. This is, as fits correctly figured out, to prevent there being too many confirmed-power items in the endgame (and also, in the vein of items like the RING and the SILVER NECKLACE, to lull their user into a false sense of understanding before murdering them). Diviners, both town and scum alike, could figure out what an item does next, not necessarily the entire history of an item's abilities. But, if the item had a chance of killing them (or otherwise being Bad), the diviner would receive really nice flavor about how they really, really shouldn't use it.

- Items of interest/worth talking about especially:
--- the CROWN was my favorite item in the game, but TT talked up such an evil (and fake) backstory for it that fiery never used it :(. Good that she didn't, too, it would have eventually turned her into an SK.
--- the STATUE of St. Jocasta was a nice continuity to my previous game, and to confirm that my endgame flavor (DVD SPECIAL EDITION CRITERION COLLECTION DIRECTOR'S CUT) is the canon. as an aside, the BOTTLE, though never used, had in its flavor that it was a wine bottled in "429 P.J." - or, Pax Jocastae. (Jocastes? Tou Jacoston? ugh).
--- the EMERALD will be making an appearance in another game in the near future. y'all have been warned ;)
--- the SILVER NECKLACE is actually the very first item I thought up when I was first envisioning the setup, and it played out exactly as I had hoped it would.
--- special shoutout to the COIN and the EMERALD, you guys rocked.
--- the INGOT didn't do anything, and so wins's dummy-flavor for it was he'd put it under his pillow (I couldn't think of how else to ##use an ingot) and have dreams. Each of his dreams were (Bishadh-ified versions) of dreams I had the night before. Wins knows I have daddy issues now :toot:
--- the URN had two silver coins in it which would decrease each night it was used, until the user died (with two coins on their tongue). Ooo, classics.

ROLES
- The enchanting ability of the mafia was mostly to give them something to do night 0, since I figured they would not be doing much of else with it all game.

- Three mafia inventors mostly to counteract the usual town-sensation of "hurr so many <role> one has to be scum."

- The bodyguard to make the mafia suspect another killing faction (to be confirmed with random item deaths), but eventually the mafia were to figure out they were the only ones actively doing kills. But alas.
--- As an aside, I made the mafia not able to communicate during daytime - only at night. I did this primarily to limit their ability to coordinate item usage, since the mafia, by virtue of having a diviner and a whole slew of items spread out over multiple players, could have done some serious damage.

- Only two thieves because I didn't want there to be too much item theft; I want people to actually use the items after all.

- Three town diviners + a scum diviner to let the game have a semblance of order (albeit a fleeting one).

- And a ton of vanillas obviously.

HOW THE GAME ACTUALLY TURNED OUT
- This game has single-handedly renewed for me my love of modding mafia games. Thank you.

- The broad strokes for this game panned out like I had hoped it would. Of the twenty-seven items in the game, seventeen were used at least once, while three more were held by people about to use them (e.g. they were enchanted or divined) but the user died. Coincidentally, seventeen players in the game got to hold an item at some point in time (poor Punt, Rarity, fits, and Meinberg). There was some beautiful chaos, though I had expected the town to try to figure things out earlier than gosh what was it Day 6(?) when you guys started posting items and tracking them?
--- I expected the scum would not be able to perform a nightkill every night (though I believed it would be because they had lost their killing items, not out of fear of an SK), but item-related deaths would make up the difference.

- NOTE THAT THERE WAS NO SK! Non-mafia deaths were from players deciding to use items and winding up dead as a result. I'm surprised nobody seriously considered that possibility (though now I wonder if that was because only a crazy person [me] would think that way).
--- The mafia identified the COIN as a head-exploder, but never pieced together that Ernie, who had the COIN, died from his head exploding. It was Ernie's n1 death that seemed to establish to them that there was an SK and they had to watch out for it.

- A critical moment happened night 8. Merk tracked Rasc to himself (the nightkill), but fiery had a doctor protect. She used it on herself instead of merk, which cost both of them their life. Alas!

- On a bad note, it disappointed me greatly that 3 of the 5 mafia were non-entities in the first chunk of the game, two of them getting replaced (and one getting replaced twice). We have all hashed it out so there's no bad blood, it just made me go ":/" irl. I am glad though the mafia eventually did up their game - Rasc especially.

- Oh my lord I need to start using something other than a single .txt for my mod docs, this one is a mess.

- You know what I'm done with notes, I'll just field questions from y'all for now.

In summation, I had an absolutely great time with this game. I hope you all had fun as well! If you want to show appreciation, vote "5" to give this game a little gold of its own. I hope to see many of you in the next Arrentia game, coming probably sooner than you realize!

Hooray!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Good game Rascyc.

• Locked thread