Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Opop you said yesterday that you would reread at lunch and give new reads. Why don't you do it today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok. I'm going to be hard pressed to drop TNL though.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Merk you're a lawyer, I would think that by now you'd be used to people not trusting you on principle.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Merk you're a lawyer, I would think that by now you'd be used to people not trusting you on principle.

The lack of trust is unreasonable.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

merk posted:

The lack of trust is unreasonable.

When you're playing with the Lance Armstrong of mafia, lack of trust IS reasonable. Who knows what kind of PEDs you use.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Keane is playing like an SK. Opo is playing like an SK. :(

What if I am playing in line with my very powerful (town) role. What then.

Anyway yeah I should pick up my posting. I think we got a bit mired in nonsense the last few days and I didn't want to deal.

I'm happy with my vote on Amoeba though.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just a lot of weird explanations for events. I get merk paranoia but the stuff you two talk about aren't even logically good ways to approach the game. They are not even reasonable.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I've got this right the case on Amoeba is that merk claimed to have tracked him to last night's kill, amoeba admitted he made the visit but that he had a good reason, then merk revealed he was lying and did not actually track amoeba at all.

Is that right?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

If I've got this right the case on Amoeba is that merk claimed to have tracked him to last night's kill, amoeba admitted he made the visit but that he had a good reason, then merk revealed he was lying and did not actually track amoeba at all.

Is that right?

Yes.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So Keane, what's your case on Amoeba?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wins32767 posted:

So Keane, what's your case on Amoeba?

I don't have a case on Amoeba. I am voting Amoeba as a result of merk's actions and Amoeba's subsequent slips.

If you're going to try to make a case on me wins, I've posted plenty and been wrong about a lot. Don't try to tease me into some elaborate trap you think you've constructed.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I don't have a case on Amoeba. I am voting Amoeba as a result of merk's actions and Amoeba's subsequent slips.

If you're going to try to make a case on me wins, I've posted plenty and been wrong about a lot. Don't try to tease me into some elaborate trap you think you've constructed.

Woah, no need to be defensive, it was an honest question. So aside from merk's shenanigans you wouldn't be voting him?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

wins32767 posted:

Woah, no need to be defensive, it was an honest question. So aside from merk's shenanigans you wouldn't be voting him?

No.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Keane, plop out a case. For honor.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

Is that right?

I have a case prior to all of that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

True and Real posted:

Keane, plop out a case. For honor.

I'd like to decline until I can get to my computer to avoid mega posting on my phone.

I will admit my reads have been terrible this game.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I would argue the case is more Amoeba's reactions to being 'caught out'. His explanation for targeting EP are specious if you look back at his earlier reads and his explanation was he had a sudden change of heart when Meinberg flipped town.

Amoeba102 posted:

Immedaite reaction post-flip I second guessed myself. Following the results/flip I went back to it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
And if you read other posts, he was obviously considering lurkers-alignment the whole time while in the possession of a cop-like item, but never considered to use it on lurkers.

Amoeba102 posted:

Opop and Keane would be best picks for lurking and letting us get ourselves.

There's also a big theory he posted at day start about Diqnol but never considered using his item on Diqnol either to get a better read.

The whole reaction is basically either:

Fitting an explanation as to why he could be at EP's on the night he died.
Cussing at Merk.

How he got to the claim is ultimately, pointless to me personally. Be it a bluff or whatever, although it was still pretty hilarious

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I have a case prior to all of that.

You have a ten page post history and I'm a lazy man, merk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have to say that seems like a bit of a slam dunk, and I can't see any reason to use that item on EP. Not even from a "Well that's not how I play mafia" way, just from any kind of logical standpoint

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695812&userid=37071&perpage=40&pagenumber=9#post441449980

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Who is here right now?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sup

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No one is even really wanting to vote anywhere else, bar a couple of you. I'm ready to die now, it's an inevitability. If I'm going out, I'd like to not have my work day distracted with this game. Please vote for me within the next two hours.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I need Opop to return and be the one to kill me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can you at least say some cool scum stuff before you die?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Scum that go down as a wet fart are boring. Say something exciting about items that will have us focus in on the SK rather than the scum. You have to know something about the SK that the town doesn't know... or have a theory about it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You could even say: The scum are sure that [someone] is the SK, but we can't kill that person. Then, you setup a lynch on that player pretty quickly. I mean, come on. Do something fun.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The best thing would be cases from you. They can help your cause regardless of how you flip. If you're scum and neglecting to do it then you're saying "lurking is the way to win as scum on SA"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:shopkeeper:

I am here until 4:30PM EDT (two hours from now), then I'm getting dinner and a show. I'll be back at around 9PM EDT (6.5 hours from now).

So if you hammer someone during those hours, remember to shut it!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The best scums are the ones who claim as they're going down and put out little nuggets of truth that the town over-analyze to their demise. Amoeba could do that. He has the power.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
wait I can do this

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Here you go Amoeba, quote this post and replace my name with yours and you are g2g:

quote:

So I am actually scum and Merk is my scum team mate. He has been an utter gently caress in the scum doc and has been bussing us at random because he thinks we are trash players and doesn't need us. We keep telling him there's an SK and he'll die if we don't take bullets for him, but he says he doesn't need us cause he has an item that'll kill the SK if the SK targets him. I'm outing him now to you guys cause I can't loving take it any more!!! If I had known I was replacing into a game where I would be on Merk's team, I would have said no, but Ecco said he was out of replacements so here I am, and here I go.

Byers you were right this whole time and merk made us kill you so he wouldn't have to put up with your merk hunt the rest of the game!!!!!

best I can do while waiting for the hot water kettle

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amoeba..who should we slay once your flip proves your innocence? Who should we ply our swords through after we raise our shields and brimming tankards to your heroic sacrifice?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Here you go Amoeba, quote this post and replace my name with yours and you are g2g:

best I can do while waiting for the hot water kettle

That's pretty good.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm really upset, Amoeba.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I checked with Ecco, and you should get the correct flip.

##Abscond

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 5 Votecount :c:

:cb: Amoeba (X): merk, Diqnol, Keane, Rasc

Tremendous Taste (2): wins, Rasc, -Rasc, Amoeba, -Amoeba, Amoeba

yuming (1): Ninth

:h: With 12 alive it took 7 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 5 deadline was Thursday.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
At the start of the day, the one called merk accused the one called Amoeba of being at Epsilon Plus's house during the night. Amoeba looked shocked; "I swear, I was only there 'cause I was messin' with this skull thing!"
Merk then laughed uproriously. "Ohhhh my god," he said, "I was just KIDDING, I can't believe that WORKED."
The town traps Amoeba by the cliff edge, but gets distracted talking about pointless crap. Eventually Ameoba screams that he can't take it anymore. He turns around, and with a heave-ho, thrusts himself over the cliff face. He splatters onto a rock at the bottom, but doesn't get washed away - his remains just linger there. Yep, he's dead alright.
Checking his home revealed he was indeed a filthy scumbo.

:s: Amoeba102, Damien Whey, Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor), took the short way out on Day 5. :s:

His home was also filled with treasure. Bandits gonna band.

:dance: The following ITEMS are available. Grab them with the command ##grab <ITEM>

- a spooky SKULL
- a huge EMERALD
- a pretty WEDDING BAND
- a blade-less HILT
- some funky SPECTACLES; and
- a majestic SCEPTER

Thread closes when all items are taken or it's 4:30PM EDT, whichever comes first.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##grab a huge EMERALD
##grab a majestic SCEPTER

• Locked thread