Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The valley of Bishadh is a quiet region of the world; nestled in an opening of the Cavot Mountains, it's far away from any major cities, has no mineral deposits, and its ground is too arid for anything beyond subsistence farming. The Arrentish elite consider those who live in the valley only a step above uncouth barbarians. Their penchant for banditry and violent drunken brawls certainly doesn't help.
One group of bandits - the Sisters of Hecate - is particularly successful at raiding trade caravans, looting temples, and adventuring into the deepest and darkest regions of Arrentia in search of long lost treasure. Over their history they've managed to assemble quite the haul of gold coins, jewelry, and magickal artifacts of all shapes and sizes. Many brave souls have attempted to destroy the bandits (and run away with as much gold as they could carry), but the Sisters are resilient, and have withstood assault time and time again.
So it was with shock that the bandits found their leader stabbed in the back one morning with an enchanted dagger. They had a traitor in their midsts - someone (or someones) has infiltrated the gang, gained their confidence, and breached the treasury! These villains must be brought at once to justice. Bandit justice.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Try not to post like an illiterate. I know capitalization and grammar are difficult, but you're all adults. A modicum of effort goes a long way. If your posting gets especially bad, you even risk being put on probation and then replaced. Neither you nor I want to have to deal with that.

Every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Anyway! This game is for 21 players. Players new and old are all welcome, however deferential treatment will be given to newer players.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

Current Phase: IT IS FINISHED
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Mod: Ecco
Comod: Mills (Out to Lunch)

Player List:

1) Asiina Pinterest Mom
2) bowmore fitsfadda
3) Byers2142
4) CCKeane
5) Chic Trombone
6) Epsilon Plus
7) Ernie.
8) fiery_valkyrie
9) kaschei Amnistar Amoeba102
10) Meinberg
11) merk
12) Opopanax
13) Puntification
14) Rarity
15) Rascyc
16) Somberbrero
17) The Ninth Layer
18) Tremendous Taste
19) True and Real (Diqnol)
20) wins32767
21) yuming

Replacements:
- Magnus

Night 0: Illandir, Bebhinn Lysandir, Leader (town-aligned governor), died.
Day 1: Rarity, Lucilia meg-Mullanor, Thief (town-aligned thief), executed.
Night 1: Puntification, Eadwine Lampis, Mage (town-aligned diviner), died. Ernie., Przemysław (Prez) Davin, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), died.
Day 2: Chic Trombone, Maeve meg-Soludae, Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor), executed.
Night 2: Byers2142, Callisto meg-Jurgan, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), died.
Day 3: Pinterest Mom, Rory Slupshak, Bodyguard (mafia-aligned bodyguard), executed.
Night 3: It appears as if nobody died during the night! Interesting, maybe!
Day 4: Meinberg, Gopála Z'denae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: Epsilon Plus, Daithí Claudiae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died. Somberbrero, Cupido Slázsak, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 5: Amoeba102, Damien Whey, Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor), absconded.
Night 5: It appears as if nobody died during the night! Interesting, maybe!
Day 6: The Ninth Layer, Florentius Oppota, Mage (town-aligned diviner), executed.
Night 6: Diqnol, Ólive Štépánka, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died. Opopanax, Pheidhlim Eugeniae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 7: Tremendous Taste, Ulliver Burnside, Adventurer (mafia-aligned inventor), executed.
Night 7: Nobody died again now isn't that interesting? I wonder what it means.
Day 8: wins32767, Fionnuala (Fiona) Séabhdha, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 8: merk, Nevin Rheae, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), died. fiery_valkyrie, Fabiola meg-Larie, died.
Day 9: CCKeane, Charis (Charlie) meg-Reedy, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 9: fits, Linus Malista, Mage (town-aligned diviner), died.
Endgame: yuming, Aeliana Leos, Bandit (town-aligned vanilla), endgamed. Rascyc, Aileen Wojda, Enchantress (mafia-aligned enchantress), has achieved the mafia win condition.

THE SCUM HAVE WON
THE GAME IS OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 24, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Only a few more! Harass your friends!

Also Mills is a comod! He will be doing votecounts.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Nope you're just in time!

I'll be writing the role PMs today, so expect the game to go up tonihahahhaha sorry I suck at starting games in a timely fashion but I'll try to get it up sooner rather than later.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

I intend to try in this game.

Pretty hard when I interpreted your "maybe" as "make me a replacement."

e: oh no!! when I was writing down the players I accidentally glossed over wins. Sorry! Since fits asked to be a player or replacement, I'll move him to the replacements list, and wins will get his spot.

Final player list:

1) Asiina
2) bowmore
3) Byers2142
4) CCKeane
5) Chic Trombone
6) Epsilon Plus
7) Ernie.
8) fiery_valkyrie
9) kaschei
10) Meinberg
11) merk
12) Opopanax
13) Puntification
14) Rarity
15) Rascyc
16) Somberbrero
17) The Ninth Layer
18) Tremendous Taste
19) True and Real (Diqnol)
20) wins32767
21) yuming

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 22, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ernie. posted:

I wish Ecco would ask us to vote on whether or not to let you in right now.

I think democracy as an institution is inherently patriarchal and coercive and mod people should be dismantling it entirely rather than expanding it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A few role PMs with special rules are out a little early; the rest will be done tomorrow. If you received a PM, mum's the word!

From here on out assume the game has to some players already begun, as such, afoot the game is! Haroo!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

Hahahaha great.
Wrong thread, hon.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Alright enough of the PMs are done to justify this:

Welcome to Night 0!

If you have a Night 0 action (or you may influence night 0 actions in some way), you have already received your PM. Figure out what you want to do quickly so the game may officially begin!

Woop woop!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
If you are a player who still has not submitted your n0 action I hate you.

All players have their role PMs, as soon as you player(s) submit your actions I can start the game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Freaking finally.

MOD NOTES:

- All players have their PMs!
- Thanks for being patient with me.
- If you have any questions about your role, PM me! I am here for you.
- All role PMs looked something like this:

quote:

Varinn - Velirie Hermae - Bandit (town-aligned vanilla)
Hail the Sisters of Hecate! You are a bandit; you take what others have and make it your own, because might always makes right. What you like about the Sisters, though, is the feeling of community - most bandits would kill each other as soon as it looks like doing so would get them a few pieces of gold, but for the Sisters it's not about the wealth. It's about the thrill of banditry, the teamwork required in planning a heist and carrying it through to completion, and the copious ale-drinking afterwards! So it was with deep, deep shock when you found your leader had been literally stabbed in the back, murdered by one of your fellow companions. Now you need to band together and find the traitors in your camp, before they destroy everything you hold dear... including YOU.
You are a townie! You seek to eliminate the traitors in your town, and as such, win when all scum players have been removed from the game. You have the normal townie powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You have no other powers or abilities at this time.
You are vanilla and you are necessarily town-aligned.

- Remember Mills is your comod. He does not know the setup so do not harass him for flips, he is solely for votecounts. Harass him for those a lot. I won't do any of them.

Game begins in the my next post!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 23, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
With the death of their leader, the Sisters of Hecate were outraged. They screamed for revenge, the violent public execution of all who would murder another Sister and anyone who would support them. And so they gathered in the town center and began the debate of their lives...

:s: Illandir, Bebhinn Lysandir, Leader (town-aligned governor) was stabbed in the back night 0! :s:

It is now Day 1!
:h: With 21 alive it takes 11 votes to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Tuesday, January 27th, ~11PM EDT.

Have at it!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 23, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that Ecco got a game running this soon, and I'm not entirely unconvinced that it's an hallucination

Being unemployed helps.

:iia:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Rascyc posted:

Ugh gently caress me, thought I was still in grace period

It happens; the grace period is two minutes, but if you posted it at 1:38 and 30 seconds, if you edit it at 1:40 and 31 seconds the ninja catches you. It's dumb but what can you do.

Try not to get caught in the future!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Ok, really going away now.
*cough cough ecco game cough*

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I will be sending prods tonight to anyone who has less posts than me + Mills (with this post, that means less than 19). I know it's a weekend but pick up the pace! Deadline is coming up faster than you realize, and a day 1 no-hang is pretty embarrassing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Prods have been sent!! I hope the prodded players post more because there are :d: less than 48 hours left in this game day!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ernie. posted:

- But what is Cloister, then? And where did the name Cloyster come from?

A place where nuns live in semi-isolation from the outside world.

The pokemon is called that because it's a giant oyster.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Oh cool top of the page!

:siren: REMINDERS:

:d: Deadline is ~28 hours from this post
:c: Approximated votecount is in the second post of the OP (there's a quicklink at the top of the first post).
:h: If a player does not have 11 votes by the deadline, the day ends with no execution, which is embarrassing! Totes don't let that happen!
:lumpen: If a player was prodded last night but has not yet posted anything substantial by the start of Tuesday (i.e. within 12 hours from this post), they will receive a second, sterner prod.

CCKeane posted:

I think I'm place my vote here. This "EccoRaven" hasn't made a single case.
I've been so busy modding this game :negative:

I'll post a case tonight.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 27, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A Stern Prod has been sent to the following players:

- bowmore
- kaschei
- Asiina
- Chic

They are encouraged to post more!

:d: The deadline is in ~14 hours from this post.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Taste has been probated! However he was probated for only a day, and though he'll miss the deadline, he's been posting and contributing and stuff so I don't want to spite-replace him.

If you wind up being -1 away from a hammer and start going "if only Taste were here," blame him for being a poopy poster!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am going to institute TEMPORARY VOTEFINDER ALLOWANCE

:psylon: In the final hour of this game day (10PM EDT - 11PM EDT), I will allow votefinder to operate in place of Millsbot - no need for weird unvoting and revotings. Players with voting restrictions/powers have been warned ahead of time not to abuse this privilege or they shall be punished most direly.

I am instituting this radical change in policy because I predict (not unreasonably) that it's going to be very, very hectic as the final minutes draw closer, and, well, as much as I may fear change, it'll be easier to just let a robot do the heavy lifting.

Don't think this means you can slack off with unvotings tomorrow!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*twiddles thumbs*

Current Rarity Votecount: (4) Rascyc, True and Real, CCKeane, Meinberg

*yawns, sighs*

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mills posted:

Step off my porch.

millsbot rudest bot

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

I think this is ecco's way of telling us rarity is scum. Or town.
Which is it you inscrutable raven???

realchat I never remember anyone's roles day 1. People submit stuff night 1 and I write it down in my doc and only then do I start remembering who does what.

:arghfist: quit baiting me get back to voting!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It is almost certainly not a hammer.

Summon millsbot!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ok! Discussion HALTS.

Thread will remain open as I write the end-of-day flavor to give Millsbot a chance to compute the final Day 1 votecount.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
In the city of New Clover, there is an expression: "a child never burned by the fire will hurt more / than the child who's been burned a thousand times before." So it was with the Sisters; the feeling of betrayal ran so deeply that it made each of them exceedingly paranoid and mistrustful of even their closest friends. By the end of the day, almost everyone in the camp had been accused of some wrongdoing or another. No consensus could be reached, and the sun was rapidly falling from the sky to the mountaintops on the horizon. Finally, one of the bandits - whose nickname, "merk," in the Bishadh native tongue means "chronic breaker of rules" - spoke up. He proposed the divided town vote for the one nicknamed Rarity, to "see if it has legs." The bandits, driven by fear and anger and haste, quickly grabbed Rarity before she could even speak her defense, dragged her over the edge of the falls, and let go. Her body slammed against a rock at the bottom before being washed away by the current.

Checking her home revealed a number of small items the rest of the bandits had thought they'd lost - a bracelet here, a hunk of bread there. It seems like Rarity was a dirty thief!!

But, it didn't look like she killed anybody. She seemed like a loyal bandita.

:s: Rarity, Lucilia meg-Mullanor, Thief (town-aligned thief), was executed day 1. :s:

It is now Night 1

The Night 1 deadline will be 11PM EDT tomorrow (Wednesday). If you haven't submitted an action by then, expect your thumbs to twiddle!!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 29, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Administrative note:

:sg: bowmore has been replaced by fits!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The bandits awoke the next morning afraid of what the dawn would bring them. Indeed, the traitors were still in the camp, and they were very busy last night. First down was Puntification; he was stabbed in the chest and neck, as if by a mighty sword. And yet there was very little blood - his wounds looked cauterized, as if he was actually stabbed with a blade of fire. Still, he is very dead, and his home's supply of magical books and ingredients tells a clear tale of his identity.

:s: Puntification, Eadwine Lampis, Mage (town-aligned diviner), was stabbed in the chest night 1. :s:

But more gruesome was what happened to Ernie. He... didn't have a head anymore. His body was there, but small chunks of brain and skull were scattered about his home, as if his head violently burst open. Who or what even could do such a thing? Rumors fly that Arrentish military scientists are working on a kind of exploding powder that can create as much force as an Archmage's fireball, but surely that isn't what happened with Ernie, was it?

His home was littered with all sorts of magickal artifacts. He was a veteran bandit in the Sisters, always there to fight the good fight and reap the spoils. Now it looks as if his cache is up for grabs.

:s: Ernie., Przemysław (Prez) Davin, Adventurer (town-aligned inventor), had his head explode night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2.
:h: With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to be executed.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, Feburary 2nd, ~11PM EDT.

(I would make the deadline Sunday but apparently there's some sort of soccer game happening or something idk, sorry it's so long)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Throughout Ernie's home are scattered strange magickal artifacts. Some are boring, some are beautiful, some are secretly powerful and still some are hunks of junk. Why not grab a few?

:dance: The following ITEMS are available. Grab them with the command ##grab <ITEM>

- a SILVER NECKLACE
- a strange SWORD
- a sharp ARROW
- a green BOTTLE
- a scratched-out COIN

- a beautiful URN

Have at it!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 29, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
All items have been grabbed! First-come-first-served!

Day 2 begins! Get to voting!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
If the following players have not posted by the end of today (11:59PM EDT, or about 8 hours from this post), I will be seeking their replacement.

- kaschei
- Asiina

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I still posted before you I take full credit for you increasing your postcount by 10%.

(post more :colbert:)

kaschei tick tock

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
If kaschei doesn't post in the next 5 minutes ("pulling an Asiina") I am replacing him.

Hooray!

e: keane pulled an asiina just now!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
kaschei has been replaced by Amnistar!!

Everyone say hello!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 2 Votecount :c:

Epsilon Plus (2): Byers, Asiina
Meinberg (2): fiery, Keane

Amnistar (1): Diqnol
Chic (1): merk

wins (0): merk, -merk

:h: 18 alive, 10 votes to execute
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, February 2nd, ~11PM EDT. Or in about three and a half days from this post!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Amnistar posted:

##vote Asinii

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Amnistar posted:

Sorry...##vote: Asiina

Didn't realize I'd spelt it wrong?

oh honey:

Asinii!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 2 Votecount :c:

Chic (3): merk, -merk, merk, Rasc, Asiina

Asiina (2): yuming, Diqnol, Keane, Amnistar, -Keane, -Diqnol

Somberbrero (1): Diqnol
yuming (1): Somberbrero
Epsilon Plus (1): Byers, Asiina, -Asiina
Meinberg (1): fiery, Keane, -Keane

Diqnol (0): merk, -merk
wins (0): merk, -merk
Amnistar (0): Diqnol, -Diqnol

:h: 18 alive, 10 votes to execute
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, February 2nd, ~11PM EDT. Or in about two and a half days from this post!

• Locked thread