Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Cricket Australia has announced it's support for Marriage Equality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Why the heck does Lehmann need a break from coaching ?????? He just had a 5 month break.

I dont think the Indian series is very important as an aside and I can certainly understand resting any decent fast bowler with an eye to the ashes but its not like we need Boof to avoid an injury

He's retiring after these Ashes, right?
He's probably done with coaching, but if he bailed now we'd be redoing the coaching circus right before a home ashes.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Next coach will either be Langer, Ponting or Gillespie anyway, and of those Langer has more experience coaching Australian sides so it'd be him first

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
So shakib has put in a 6 month request to have a rest from test cricket coincidentally before Bangladesh tour south africa.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Scylo posted:

Next coach will either be Langer, Ponting or Gillespie anyway, and of those Langer has more experience coaching Australian sides so it'd be him first

I hope Ponting is just to see Clark and Warnie's heads explode

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
No excitement for the world xi vs pakistan game?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought it was ODIs and got disappointed when I found out it was T20. That's my story.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I got disappointed when I saw Paul Collingwood was in the squad

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Colin has been having a good year. Not that good though.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Love it when players like Colly break out during limited-overs stuff and make you think - "oh yeah, he can still do that?".

That said, definitely would've preferred an ODI too. Nice and easy 100k for our boy Paul.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I don't think in a game that is full of it's fair share of raging dickheads, none have done anything quite like this ultimate dick move

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This happened in a proper county game at some point. I remember seeing it on cricinfo.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Yeah it's happened a few times

In other news how exactly were the ECB thinking things would pan out when they scheduled a one day series ending on the 29th of loving September

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably more money for them while whatever counties are desperately trying to keep their outfield playable take the risk.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I'm up for railing on some nesh bastards as much as anyone, but loving hell it's taking it to the extremes at this time of year. I suppose the dew isn't as much of a factor though - the grass is wet all day anyway.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I don't think in a game that is full of it's fair share of raging dickheads, none have done anything quite like this ultimate dick move

How the heck did they get 20 points for a single innings victory? Our comps in this region have points that are 0: outright loss, 1: first innings loss, 4: first innings win, 7: outright win. Even the ones that have bonus points like those listed still keep the same basic points structure.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Our league has 20pt matches regularly, we get a bonus point for every 25 runs over 100 up to 5, and a point every other wicket. The games scores are something like 14 for a win just to prevent bonus points overshadowing the result

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Lol if the competition is set up so that can happen why blame the teams for being smart enough to work it out.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Lol if the competition is set up so that can happen why blame the teams for being smart enough to work it out.

I remember when NZ prioritised earning a bonus point over chasing a win in order to shut Australia out of a tri series final, was pretty funny.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The team who got screwed won the toss. They should have batted first

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Early wickets boys, early wickets. Never thought the Aussie second string attack had it in them.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
That vision of Wade attempting to stop a fairly normal ball by sticking his leg out, only to have it ricochet and go for 4, really sums up his keeping.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
there's a new official Ashes game coming out and its being developed by Big Ant who made the Don Bradman cricket games. hopefully this means they avoid the fiasco that was Ashes Cricket 2013

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Shame it means an Indian win, but lol Australia

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Seams posted:

there's a new official Ashes game coming out and its being developed by Big Ant who made the Don Bradman cricket games. hopefully this means they avoid the fiasco that was Ashes Cricket 2013

It will probably have the same engine as DBC17 and be similar to how EA peddles a FIFA game and a World Cup/Euro game in even-numbered years. £50 for some window dressing.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

England thumped the Windies in the first ODI, and why on Earth are we still playing games in September? Any chance we can just ditch the Champions Trophy and just have a World Cup and t20 world cup instead?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

England thumped the Windies in the first ODI, and why on Earth are we still playing games in September? Any chance we can just ditch the Champions Trophy and just have a World Cup and t20 world cup instead?

India said no

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

of loving course they did. But it seems silly to have an ODI world cup, and a smaller ODI world cup in the schedule

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

of loving course they did. But it seems silly to have an ODI world cup, and a smaller ODI world cup in the schedule

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but they do whatever they think will make the most money.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I'm not sure that's true because test cricket still exists

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

"still" being the operative word.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you but they do whatever they think will make the most money.

Absolutely this, as well as minimising the chance they catch Afghanistan or Ireland whilst hot. Heheh.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

I see Cartwright is maintaining his average of 1.00 runs in ODI's.

Edit: that's a drat nice hat-trick.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 21, 2017

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
it's good that Australia have the great coaching minds of David Saker and Brad Haddin to help them recover from these losses

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Scylo posted:

it's good that Australia have the great coaching minds of David Saker and Brad Haddin to help them recover from these losses

Haddin: "have you tried swearing at them some more?"
Saker: "have you tried eating several thousand cheeseburgers?"

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
There's a piece on the BBC website about a Pakistani bowler who can bowl with either arm. He hasn't played at professional level yet, but that hasn't stopped the voice-over person getting really excited that he can bowl at 130km/h!!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

kingturnip posted:

There's a piece on the BBC website about a Pakistani bowler who can bowl with either arm. He hasn't played at professional level yet, but that hasn't stopped the voice-over person getting really excited that he can bowl at 130km/h!!

Yeah I've heard about him, there's a certain utility for team balance to switch as the situation demands but under the laws of the game you can't mix and match without informing the umpire who then informs the batsman so it's more of a novelty than anything particularly useful.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
It's probably better to focus on being very good with one arm than slightly average with both

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
Wade out, Handscomb in. Day's getting better already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

chyaroh posted:

Wade out, Handscomb in. Day's getting better already.

and Finch is having a great knock so far in place of Cartwright.