Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I hope all you NZ goons cough up money for the ACC telethon.
They're a loving national treasure at this point, and it is a crime that they're not being paid by Sky and on the alternate audio stream, but things are what they are so give them cash so they can continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

All jokes aside Australia have a pretty formidable team for the WC.

My money is on the country that still openly hates people that aren't white, as opposed to the one that sticks them on an island if they are discovered in a boat.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Burn Down Canberra posted:

That could be any nation but if you mean south Africa then yeah. They play well in Australia.

Yeah, I meant them. Mainly due to their bowling attack being loving terrifying.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I should've posted this, too. Another way the ACC are paying for themselves to be able to commentate the World Cup: http://www.theaccnz.com/photos/the-men-of-cricketing-manginas/ (yes. It is was it sounds like - and its fantastic).

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

How many of them has she boned?

I assume you're being facetious, but just in case: at least one.
Lord knows how she managed to score the third-wheel role to Wells and Heath. I guess Newsboy just really loves cricket that much...?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

Forums poster NIGARS has strong feelings about Simon Doull.

Forums poster NIGARS has psychotic ex-goth, now turned insane "feminist" blogger Chloe as his forums avatar.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

gabensraum posted:

edit: although Zimbabwe doesn't have a name written, weird. They qualified by winning the 1990 ICC Trophy so they knew well in advance, otherwise I would have thought maybe they weren't sure who'd qualify when they made the gear.

Dude is wearing a knitted vest over his shirt. Country name is probably under that?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Looks like Guptill is batting really well against this top tier opposition who shall go unnamed.

As opposed to the rest of our line up. :/

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Best ever chance of NZ winning the World Cup.

*all out to Zimbabwe for under 200.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

If someone score a century and there's no one around to see it, did it ever really happen?

Guptill: only ever scoring runs when they literally don't count.
The rest of the team should be embarrassed as gently caress, though.
E: conspiracy theory corner: the rest of the team agreed to get out for gently caress all to try and boost his confidence. At least, I hope that's the case.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 9, 2015

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh Brendan. :cry:

E: pro-cricket watching tip: don't ever have children. They prevent you from being able to listen to the ACC due to apparently "inappropriate content".

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 14, 2015

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ronchi loving caught that.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wow.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

-Spiffy- posted:

gently caress it must be depressing being a long time Windies fan.

They all look like they have no desire to be out there at all. It's rather sad.

In saying that: gently caress yeah, Ireland. :)

E: if the Irish don't call that N. O'Brien dude "Chief" or "Smiley", they're doing it wrong.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 16, 2015

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

No Brendon McCullum.

I'm rather surprised no-one grabbed Ronchi as a not-quite McCullum.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nz probably wouldn't be batting like complete turds.

I would really like to think that the reason this is happening is because no-one is bothering. Guess we'll find out when we play Australia.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Dsmif posted:

What do we think for a total? Can England push on to three hundred from here?

Hahahahahaaha

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

the game hasn't actually finished yet

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I am cheering on a South African team. I never thought this would happen.

Also: c'mon Afghanistan!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Butt Wizard posted:

Forecast for Saturday: Some rain.

gently caress you Auckland.

Also one of my friends offered me a ticket to the Australia game and the semi-final. Having friends owns.

As much as I'm pumped for the match, if it gets rained out, NZ win the pool.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Please tell me there is a gif of delivery I just read about with the bail leaving the stumps and settling back on them.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Who should I be rooting for?
UAE have to be the underdogs, but I'm not sure if they're cunts or not...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Nice to see that Aussie have resorted to bodyline tactics.

Bullshit rear end cunts pretending like that wasn't done on purpose. They bowled directly at his body and knew exactly what they were doing. gently caress Australia. gently caress them in their stupid loving asses.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA loving EAT IT

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Butt Wizard posted:

People who whine about ODI cricket at Eden Park need to eat a dick. The atmosphere owned, the crowd owned and the field is the same size for both teams. It just means your captain has to set a decent field and your bowlers have to be able to bowl. In the end, the size of the field had no impact on the result whatsoever.

My only complaint about cricket at Eden Park is that the security are total fuckwits.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Butt Wizard posted:

I'll give you that - all yesterday was missing was the pitch invasion at the end.

The last match I went to there was the NZ/England match about two years ago. Game was boring as gently caress, so people were attempting to amuse themselves - security stepped in and kicked out 6 people for yelling "Root is a wanker" and some dude in a pink bunny suit (that everyone obviously loved) for starting a Mexican wave.

Also apparently they ejected Leigh Hart from the ground yesterday...?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Rigor is awesome. Probably our best commentator.

counter point: Newsboy and Heath.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

-Spiffy- posted:

What a shithouse effort from SA really.

South African commentator going on about how the SA batting effort was actually pretty good and...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Thanks. Too bad it's a good 30 seconds behind the sky stream.

The iheartradio itself site tends to be ahead of the TV feed.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

cpaf posted:

This alternative commentary collective commentary is completely excellent, shame they're only doing the kiwi games

Yeah. It's amazing. The ICC should've hired them to do all the games played in NZ.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Oh gently caress right off. Way to ruin people's fun.

If they're going to shut them down, they should at least have the balls to admit that they don't have a sense of humour, instead of some crap about "invading the pitch".

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Wandle Cax posted:

Hey they can't stop them commentating from the car park, unless there's some kind of broadcast regulations which means they can't even commentate of a video feed.

There will be restrictions of some variety in place. There will be something that would get you sued for broadcasting the game without rights, I'm sure. That doesn't mean they couldn't just talk crap for the entire time and give score updates, though...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

subroc posted:

Not even going to bother showing us the trajectory of that ball?

They don't show the rest of the delivery if the first thing they check is ruled not-out for some reason.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

England will win comfortably with no real troubles.

Sadly this will likely be the case. Everyone start hoping for rain on Friday.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Smorgasbord posted:

As long as NZ bats first and puts up 350+ then we have Bangladesh 60/9 after 19.5 overs when the rain hits then yeah I'm good with a no result.

I was talking about the England/Afghanistan game. If that is rained out, England wont get through...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

As much as that law needs changing, his bat wasn't touching the ground when the bails came off.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It was clearly down. He's just got confused by the multidirectional shadows and the pressure.

You could see the grass on the other side of the bat...?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This is amazing. Japan for next world cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/67165171/Alternative-Commentary-Collective-to-continue-broadcasts

Looks like they don't give a gently caress what the ICC says. :getin: