Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
in normal conversation are annoying. Thanks GBS I just wanted to put that out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:agreed:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
no, you

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
pee shooter, more like urine blaster

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
less syllables, keystrokes, and pretense than "therefore"

OP just hates latin

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

whereupon

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

four letter words too complicated for you?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
thusly

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
if you use anything but the most common words in average conversation you're an annoying douchebag

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

ergo gently caress yourself

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

thereby

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The Mad Archivist posted:

less syllables, keystrokes, and pretense than "therefore"

OP just hates latin

qed

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

jiharlequinade posted:

ergo gently caress yourself

:drat:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
whereforeunder

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Detectives and poo poo use it.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
heretofore

open container
Sep 16, 2008
whilst

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Þar af leiðandi.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
henceforth

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
whence

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Cucking ergo imgay

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Reminds me of my high school teacher who wore a fedora, lived with his mom, was a closet homosexual, taught theology to sophomores, and is part of a Gregorian chant choir.

He said ergo.

Ergo, gently caress yourself.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

propter hoc

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
people who use context sensitive pronouns piss me off tbh

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
∴ I OP is a queefing dingleberry ∴
In mathematical proof, the therefore sign (∴) is sometimes placed before a logical consequence, such as the conclusion of a syllogism. The symbol consists of three dots placed in an upright triangle and is read therefore.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
My wheat has a fungus, ergot...

open container
Sep 16, 2008
whom

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I use it all the time and I'm a debutant

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I used to do Gaming Compliance, and would write reports with what I thought was fairly basic words. Then I get a note from my boss saying "quit using a thesaurus when writing your reports", so I think there's different tiers of pretentiousness. I would think ergo would almost be universally frowned upon though.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Kuato posted:

I used to do Gaming Compliance, and would write reports with what I thought was fairly basic words. Then I get a note from my boss saying "quit using a thesaurus when writing your reports", so I think there's different tiers of pretentiousness. I would think ergo would almost be universally frowned upon though.

Law 1 - Never Outshine the Master

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Kuato posted:

gotta keep your writing at ~sixth grade level in america or else most won't understand it

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
thusly

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ostensibly, op is gay

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Rather

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
spasmodically,

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Kuato posted:

I always thought it was kind of interesting that people felt so threatened by vocabulary that it can actually be socially unacceptable to use words not geared towards literal children in regular conversation/emails, even if the word you used more precisely (and often concisely) conveyed the meaning you were intending.

Like no I'm not trying hard or cracking out a thesaurus, that's just the word that came to mind that best conveyed my thoughts. I'm not trying to impress you or appear smart or something, it didn't even cross my mind that some people might find that word complicated.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
pizza

• Locked thread