Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I rainbowed the very last Ice Climber stage in NES Remix. That was a hellish nightmare, perhaps the worst experience I've ever had with a game. Ice Climber... You piece of poo poo! gently caress you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

My Gamepad is about to die.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's Fred Fuchs!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blYQzgE2dR4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Congrats, gamer. Ice Climber is a shitload of rear end.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Ice Climbers is pure garbage with horrible controls and people who are nostalgic for it haven't played it in 20+ years

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

They made a game about 2 of the lamest smash Bros characters!?!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They made a game about 2 of the lamest smash Bros characters!?!
Yeah. Also there's an Ice Climbers game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

This is an accurate replica of my experience with this level the other day, yeah. I like that Ice Climber is so bad one level in Remix is just, 'try to play this poo poo straight through, I loving dare you.'

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the clouds are real frustrating cuz theres no smooth pattern to them, you never feel like... this is a perfect run

theres always a bit of waiting for them to line up

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is an accurate replica of my experience with this level the other day, yeah. I like that Ice Climber is so bad one level in Remix is just, 'try to play this poo poo straight through, I loving dare you.'

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why would you make that video private it is art

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I only got the 44-part mario stage left to do in the game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol at the video.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jesus Christ.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

ice climbers has extreamely good jump physics where if you press a direction and jump at the same time you will jump too far. and if you press a direction after a jump you will barely move and also clip through platforms

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

ice climbers has extreamely good jump physics where if you press a direction and jump at the same time you will jump too far. and if you press a direction after a jump you will barely move and also clip through platforms

also the entire game is on ice and jumping slows you down

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's Fred Fuchs!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Lol at that video, and the video that came up after https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NB-Xn-8zrk

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

also the entire game is on ice and jumping slows you down

Also even some of the mundane jumps are pixel perfect, and it happens to be one of the few games made insanely worse instead of adding a nice fun twist, by being in NES Remix.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Right now I'm playing the Collect 44 Super Mushroom bonus stage and it's also a lot of patience and trial and error sort of but, SMB is awesome, and Ice Climber is pure rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think the worst thing about Ice Climber in NES Remix, same with Clu Clu Land actually is that the timing is so tight on it for rainbow stars but a lot of the other games it gives a lot of leeway and it's irritating that they chose the few worst possible kinds of games to require you to really go the distance for the rainbows.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IygRvbKPRD0I did it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

congrats :waycool:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Keep up the good work, Wormskull.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I think I rainbowed the very last Ice Climber stage in NES Remix. That was a hellish nightmare, perhaps the worst experience I've ever had with a game. Ice Climber... You piece of poo poo! gently caress you!

idk if avgn ever did a ice climber ep but ifhe does it should be awarded an honorary ljn seal of poo poo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i never heard of ice cliber before arino and idk who is nostalgic for it or why

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

same thing with balloon fight. gently caress you gunpei yokoi! i'm glad shiggy murked you with a shotgun on kokudou 38 between tokyo and nagoya!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i never heard of ice cliber before arino and idk who is nostalgic for it or why

My leb mate had an arcade machine with it at his rents fish and chip shop.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My leb mate had an arcade machine with it at his rents fish and chip shop.

confirmed ppl who like ice climbers:

1. fuckin japanese sacks of crap
2. fuckin lebs
3. ???

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I went to lovely diner the other day for breakfast and they had an old Arcade Machine with Pac man and Mr.s Pacman and Galaga on it and right next to it was another old rear end arcade machine with Super Mario bros.

I never saw a SMB arcade machine before, it did not look custom.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

same thing with balloon fight. gently caress you gunpei yokoi! i'm glad shiggy murked you with a shotgun on kokudou 38 between tokyo and nagoya!

*uses google translate four times to get through this sentence* wow..this guy is angry

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

*uses google translate four times to get through this sentence* wow..this guy is angry

if you ever quote one of my posts again i will clobber you over the head with a shillelagh and feed your brains to my cat. fuCKER

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you ever quote one of my posts again i will clobber you over the head with a shillelagh and feed your brains to my cat. fuCKER

Soral
May 30, 2009

yeah

Soral
May 30, 2009

ice climbers is not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Respect Yokoi-sama.

• Locked thread