Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystakaphoros 130 points : 11 replies : 6 hours ago reply
Kinda like I rarely play Civ above Warlord, because... well... it's a passtime for me, rather than a challenge.

cowboyshooter 2 points : an hour ago reply
I shall second your comment with an upvote!

HoldMyBeerIGotThis 36 points : 3 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Psh, I play on chieftain. That's right almost autoplay difficulty. I just like pretending I'm ruling a society that's god-tier.

icer190 23 points : 1 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Build Nukes "PUNY HUMANS WITH YOUR GALLEONS. FEAR THE WRATH OF YOUR GOD."

iGetOffOnMathematics 5 points : an hour ago reply
I love getting to the Apollo program in the mid-1800's.

Mystakaphoros 2 points : an hour ago reply
Yeah, chieftain is my default, and has been since... well, Civ 1. Exploring a new environment is really the exciting part for me.

AhTheMasamuneIBetYoureJustDyingToUseIt 24 points : 2 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Civ doesnt have difficulties anyway, on higher levels the AI plain cheats.

kanibal101 3 points : an hour ago reply
It's too complexe for AI to conpete against a good player, where's the cheat come in... plain and simple

historysember 10 points : 2 replies : 2 hours ago reply
It's almost not fun if I play above warlord. Civilzatione attacking me with entire armies when I have like 3 archers after 20 turns

Doopapotamus 3 points : 42 minutes ago reply
Try the Really Advanced Setup mod. You can give your civ more starting buffs to make up the difference in handicap for fairness.

theh8ed 5 points : 1 replies : 2 hours ago reply
I play on King but reset the game until I get a favorable starting position, usually North America. Then it's auto-pilot to diplomacy.

Bent0916 3 points : an hour ago reply
Building empires is fun in itself. No need to bring in terrible AI that likes to backstab you.

Kaliff 3 points : 1 replies : an hour ago reply
I've done this since Civ 2. Tried prince once... never again!

Mystakaphoros 1 point : an hour ago reply
I think I may have won Prince once or twice. King? Not a chance.

CheeseKaiser 4 points : 1 replies : an hour ago reply
Civ's difficulties are poor design so I dont blame you. They dont get better higher, they cheat. Its like playing a kid with a gameshark

kanibal101 2 points : an hour ago reply
When I start a game, I have to restart a couple of time to get the perfect place. For science victory you need 1 mountain, 3 mines and food!

ybtlamw 2 points : 1 replies : an hour ago reply
I hate to admit it but I almost never play above Settler in Civ4. I usually wait a long time before deciding to go to war with anyone 1/?

and by that point, enemy civs have enough cities and big enough armies that I'm not just running them over. About every 50 turns or so 2/?

I'll give the civs with the lowest scores all the techs I've got that they don't so they can catch up and I rotate doing that so no 3/?

ybtlamw 2 points : an hour ago reply
one gets left out. Sounds kinda dumb but it's how I've always played. 4/4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
Civ 5 owns and I need to install it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wootman posted:

[screams louder]

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
civ v is ok

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

what difficulty do you play on

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

what difficulty do you play on

king or something

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Mystakaphoros 130 points : 11 replies : 6 hours ago reply
Kinda like I rarely play Civ above Warlord, because... well... it's a passtime for me, rather than a challenge.

cowboyshooter 2 points : an hour ago reply
I shall second your comment with an upvote!

HoldMyBeerIGotThis 36 points : 3 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Psh, I play on chieftain. That's right almost autoplay difficulty. I just like pretending I'm ruling a society that's god-tier.

icer190 23 points : 1 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Build Nukes "PUNY HUMANS WITH YOUR GALLEONS. FEAR THE WRATH OF YOUR GOD."

iGetOffOnMathematics 5 points : an hour ago reply
I love getting to the Apollo program in the mid-1800's.

Mystakaphoros 2 points : an hour ago reply
Yeah, chieftain is my default, and has been since... well, Civ 1. Exploring a new environment is really the exciting part for me.

AhTheMasamuneIBetYoureJustDyingToUseIt 24 points : 2 replies : 2 hours ago reply
Civ doesnt have difficulties anyway, on higher levels the AI plain cheats.

kanibal101 3 points : an hour ago reply
It's too complexe for AI to conpete against a good player, where's the cheat come in... plain and simple

historysember 10 points : 2 replies : 2 hours ago reply
It's almost not fun if I play above warlord. Civilzatione attacking me with entire armies when I have like 3 archers after 20 turns

Doopapotamus 3 points : 42 minutes ago reply
Try the Really Advanced Setup mod. You can give your civ more starting buffs to make up the difference in handicap for fairness.

theh8ed 5 points : 1 replies : 2 hours ago reply
I play on King but reset the game until I get a favorable starting position, usually North America. Then it's auto-pilot to diplomacy.

Bent0916 3 points : an hour ago reply
Building empires is fun in itself. No need to bring in terrible AI that likes to backstab you.

Kaliff 3 points : 1 replies : an hour ago reply
I've done this since Civ 2. Tried prince once... never again!

Mystakaphoros 1 point : an hour ago reply
I think I may have won Prince once or twice. King? Not a chance.

CheeseKaiser 4 points : 1 replies : an hour ago reply
Civ's difficulties are poor design so I dont blame you. They dont get better higher, they cheat. Its like playing a kid with a gameshark

kanibal101 2 points : an hour ago reply
When I start a game, I have to restart a couple of time to get the perfect place. For science victory you need 1 mountain, 3 mines and food!

I hate to admit it but I almost never play above Settler in Civ4. I usually wait a long time before deciding to go to war with anyone 1/?

and by that point, enemy civs have enough cities and big enough armies that I'm not just running them over. About every 50 turns or so 2/?

I'll give the civs with the lowest scores all the techs I've got that they don't so they can catch up and I rotate doing that so no 3/?

ybtlamw 2 points : an hour ago reply
one gets left out. Sounds kinda dumb but it's how I've always played. 4/4

CheeseKaiser is right.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Pewdiepie posted:

CheeseKaiser is right.

That is why Civ is best online or LAN.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Hooray! IT's time for the weekly BOrsche freak out about how other people don't play Civilization the Right Way!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wootman posted:

That is why Civ is best online or LAN.

Yea I agree.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

CheeseKaiser is right.

However! The reason I highlighted that one in particular is that all of these people play below Noble (Prince on Civ5). Where the Human receives Bonuses against the AI and is, in fact, the one who is cheating.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

conceitedguy posted:

Hooray! IT's time for the weekly BOrsche freak out about how other people don't play Civilization the Right Way!

Please try not to wet your diaper while struggling with the easiest difficulty, fag.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ConceitedGuy once admitted to me over IRC that he doesn't even play any video games, since he finds them too difficult and when he gets too frustrated he pisses his pants a little bit.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

ConceitedGuy once admitted to me over IRC that he doesn't even play any video games, since he finds them too difficult and when he gets too frustrated he pisses his pants a little bit.

i do that too

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
btw which difficulty is the one where no one cheats i forgot

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Borsche69 posted:

lol

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Alright I'll come clean. I never beat Civ V on Deity. I only beat it on the next lowest difficulty.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

btw which difficulty is the one where no one cheats i forgot

Noble in Civ4 and Prince in Civ5.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Borsche once confided in me over IRC that he is terrified that any women he may potentially have intimate relations with would vomit and run away upon seeing his tiny weird durian-like balls.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
I only play Civ 5 on Prince, because I'm a big rear end pussy human being.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
"PUNY HUMANS WITH YOUR GALLEONS. FEAR THE WRATH OF YOUR GOD." :D - Teh_Evil_Spork

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

conceitedguy posted:

Borsche once confided in me over IRC that he is terrified that any women he may potentially have intimate relations with would vomit and run away upon seeing his tiny weird durian-like balls.

We all have been there...

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
any of you guys ever play civ and get pigs on a mountain? that'd be pretty hosed up right?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

"PUNY HUMANS WITH YOUR GALLEONS. FEAR THE WRATH OF YOUR GOD." :D - Teh_Evil_Spork

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

conceitedguy posted:

This is false, I have never told you anything over IRC. In fact I never venture in the Imp Zone IRC channel anymore because you kept telling me weird coprophilia based facts about yourself without any prompting or response from myself.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

[creams]

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
Naming your difficulties is kind of dumb when you have like 8 of them even if it is hierarchical

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
When I played the tutorial for CIV IV I got bored and was confused by the horrible interface (towns names have low res pictures of yellow circles and bread slices next to them. Seriously. Absolutely retarded) so I quit

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
They're right.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

When I played the tutorial for CIV IV I got bored and was confused by the horrible interface (towns names have low res pictures of yellow circles and bread slices next to them. Seriously. Absolutely retarded) so I quit

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
sir AIDS has spoken

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sir AIDS posted:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The sir aids empty quote

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
What can I say? sir aids is right again

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
difficulty in games always just jacks up numeric values rather than actually change anything
always thought it should like make enemies telegraph their attacks less and poo poo like that

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wootman posted:

i too enjoy stabbing myself with aids infested hypodermic needles

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

gently caress trophy 2k15 posted:

i too enjoy stabbing myself with aids infested hypodermic needles

*nods smugly and laughs* welcome to the Imp Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Average Bear posted:

*nods smugly and laughs* welcome to the Imp Zone.

• Locked thread