Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

*comedian walks up to mic, waits for laughter to die down*

"Mudcrab!"

*crowd breaks down*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Jeff Goldblum posted:

The got outsized in the spear department back in the Secession Wars, it would seem.
*cough*Barfok*cough*
Nord milk drinkers met milk finger.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, well the N'wah shop sent a letter; they're running out of YOU!

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I love all the frankfamily mods coming up for different armor sets, especially the one for nightingale. Hopefully he will sort of finish Amidianborns work. The ones I know of which suck are:

-Falmer armor
-Imperial armor
-DB listener robes
-Daedric armor (glorious Daedric retexture is fine though)

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I decided to fire up the 360 version of Oblivion since it's part of the Xbox Game Pass, and while it's not great and hasn't held up well (running at 4K on the BoneX doesn't do the presentation any favors, and the character creator is somehow worse than I remembered) I ended up having a surprising amount of fun running around with my hair metal Khajiit (wearing his rad 80s headband) for a few hours.

I don't remember if I've ever actually played vanilla Oblivion before, because even back in the day I'd install at least some quality of life mods on PC. My attempts to replay the PC version have consisted mainly of downloading mods, installing them with varying degrees of success and then giving up and playing something else. :v:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Doc M posted:

My attempts to replay the PC version have consisted mainly of downloading mods, installing them with varying degrees of success and then giving up and playing something else. :v:

Is this not the right way to replay ES games? This is unsettling.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, so you know how Daggerfall's dungeons are huge? Well...

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/1021881177185996800?s=19

gently caress YES. I replied with three stipulations: Longer quest timers, no more falling through floors, and quest goals / items / NPCs are always reachable. If those are good, it's good.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Really annoys me that Oblivion is the ES game I love the most and want to complete first, but its such a pain to mod and honestly, such a pain to play without mods as well now that I have had the joy of using them. Could we make minimalist modlist here for Oblivion. Lighting, bug squashing, fixed leveling system, horse combat, fix potato faces, General texture overhauls, Quality of life OBSE plugins.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Midig posted:

Really annoys me that Oblivion is the ES game I love the most and want to complete first, but its such a pain to mod and honestly, such a pain to play without mods as well now that I have had the joy of using them. Could we make minimalist modlist here for Oblivion. Lighting, bug squashing, fixed leveling system, horse combat, fix potato faces, General texture overhauls, Quality of life OBSE plugins.

I installed Maskar's, turned off the features I thought were annoying, and went on my way.

Though I'm not a huge fan of all the Not Will O Wisps.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Midig posted:

Could we make minimalist modlist here for Oblivion. Lighting, bug squashing, fixed leveling system, horse combat, fix potato faces, General texture overhauls, Quality of life OBSE plugins.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul makes the game feel more like a RPG and let's you get into scary situations that can't exist in the purely level-scaled vanilla (or Skyrim).

I remember it being the most important mod.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

anyone who tries to build a minimalist oblivion modlist will ultimately end up with a maximalist modlist because there are just so many things that need fixing

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Problem with OOO is that is has some serious feature creep. Like added quests for example.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Midig posted:

Problem with OOO is that is has some serious feature creep. Like added quests for example.

there are fewer quests in OOO than you would think, honestly; the regional bandit ones are the only ones i can think of

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

IIRC, it sort of has a main quest, but that might be one of the newer ones. MOO definitely has feature creep though.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Midig posted:

IIRC, it sort of has a main quest, but that might be one of the newer ones. MOO definitely has feature creep though.

you can turn anything you want off very easily in MOO tho

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Honestly, gameplay is not my biggest concern. I use less annoying magic and enhanced vanilla combat and call it a day. Wish there were an item unleveled standalone.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I've been playing TES3MP using Rebirth with my friends and it's been a lot of fun, but now they want me to install this plugin that completely revamps how skills and attributes are gained now that we're all around level 9-12. I spergically crafted my character specifically around vanilla Morrowind's leveling scheme and thus installing the plugin would essentially turn my strong & tanky blades guy into some kind of hyper-agile clusterfuck jack-of-all-trades build (mainly because I had to grind sneak out to make it viable in MP, also the mod turns long blades into an agility skill for some reason) and it just rubs me the wrong way. My friends get a little upset when I say I don't like the mod but I'm currently being voted on 2-to-1 to install the mod as the server host. They're also telling me to do some slight modifications to my character to make it work better in the mod and that just sounds like a terrible idea to me

I was very excited to play more TES3MP but seeing my character transform into something else entirely just drains all the fun out of it for me. I don't know if I should tell my friends to gently caress off or just install the mod and suffer. Thoughts?

Here's the mod https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44967/

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 25, 2018

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Kill your friends.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I thought about that but then I wouldn't be able to play TES3MP anymore

Honestly it just fucks with so many game mechanics at once that even if my character wasn't hosed up by it, I'm not sure I would still like it. It gives everyone an always-increasing hit-rate instead of capping it at 100 in terms of skills and attributes, which, if my suspicions are correct, would make the game even easier than it already is and remove all sort of nuance from having to manage both hit-chance and damage. When you have 150 Long Blades, you're essentially going to land all your hits so what's the point of getting agility or fortify attack? Just dump it all in strength at that point, considering it also increases health in this mod for some reason

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’m actually really excited for ES Legends to come to PS4. I’ve always wished I had a TCG I could play on my couch on my big screen instead of staring at HS on my iPhone

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Midig posted:

Honestly, gameplay is not my biggest concern. I use less annoying magic and enhanced vanilla combat and call it a day. Wish there were an item unleveled standalone.

If that's all you want Oblivion Scaling Unclusterfucked should be sufficient.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Minorkos posted:

I thought about that but then I wouldn't be able to play TES3MP anymore

Honestly it just fucks with so many game mechanics at once that even if my character wasn't hosed up by it, I'm not sure I would still like it. It gives everyone an always-increasing hit-rate instead of capping it at 100 in terms of skills and attributes, which, if my suspicions are correct, would make the game even easier than it already is and remove all sort of nuance from having to manage both hit-chance and damage. When you have 150 Long Blades, you're essentially going to land all your hits so what's the point of getting agility or fortify attack? Just dump it all in strength at that point, considering it also increases health in this mod for some reason

With full fatigue and around 80 weapon skill you pretty much de facto hit everything in the game all the time anyway.

IIRC strength also plays a minor role in determining health in Vanilla, but only at character generation.

Mods that take away attribute and skill caps and which tie attribute growth to skill increases are extremely satisfying for “pure class” characters. In the late game they allow you to get better and better, rather than hitting caps and having to diversify.

In the vanilla game there’s little, if any, reason to take more than one weapon skill but with a mod like that - assuming it works more or less like GCD - your warrior now has a reason to use loads of different kinds of weapons for the different attribute boosts they can get from them. It also gives you a good reason to use both medium and heavy armour.

Chances are in the long run your character is going to be a lot stronger with this mod if they’re focused on being a warrior. If the game gets too easy, maybe tune the difficulty up a bit or get your friends to also install creature mods to make the game harder in later levels? (e.g. Morrowind Advanced)

The decay mechanic sounds like rear end though.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Vanilla Morrowind leveling is saved only by the fact that it can be completely ignored; it's terrible.

That said, that mod looks like a fiddly mess and I can't blame you for not wanting to use it. Perhaps another alternative leveling mod that doesn't require keeping a spreadsheet open while you play, but also doesn't gently caress with governing attributes?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Jazerus posted:

you can turn anything you want off very easily in MOO tho

in an ini that isnt clearly documented

think doing that is what aborted my last go at playing oblivion

one of these days i should just do Oblivion Character Overhaul and unofficial patch and just run with that cause trying to get any of the other big mods working is a serious pain in the rear end

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

We did end up installing the mod anyway since I decided I wanted to play a smashy orc kind of character for a change. I also learned the importance of not dumping agility entirely, since every single enemy that hits for more than 15 damage knocks me on my stupid orc rear end. But I did enjoy having 120 HP on level 3 thanks to how the mod calculates health.

I also learned that Rebirth, for some reason, nerfs every single late-game weapon in the game, but then also increases the damage of the Skullcrusher, which was already essentially the strongest 1h weapon in the game? Seems pretty weird.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 26, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Minorkos posted:

We did end up installing the mod anyway since I decided I wanted to play a smashy orc kind of character for a change. I also learned the importance of not dumping agility entirely, since every single enemy that hits for more than 15 damage knocks me on my stupid orc rear end. But I did enjoy having 120 HP on level 3 thanks to how the mod calculates health.

I also learned that Rebirth, for some reason, nerfs every single late-game weapon in the game, but then also increases the damage of the Skullcrusher, which was already essentially the strongest 1h weapon in the game? Seems pretty weird.

Yo rebirth is loving trash and trancemaster has a real tenuous grasp on whats considered fun. Not as bad as BTB but it has some real not good parts.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://twitter.com/mombot/status/1022353386165886978

my loving sides

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

the what forum

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Dreamsicle posted:

If that's all you want Oblivion Scaling Unclusterfucked should be sufficient.

Seems to not be feature complete, mod author retired last year.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Just want to let all you Skyrim developers know that your voice will be heard, here, for as little as ten bucks. You'll even get the chance to get the Special Edition for another ten bucks. VR is on the way, as well, for a minimal addition of ten bucks.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Yo rebirth is loving trash and trancemaster has a real tenuous grasp on whats considered fun. Not as bad as BTB but it has some real not good parts.

I've heard this a lot but I rather enjoy the mod. I think it's good that it nerfs most of the ways to break the game over your knee from the start. In fact, I wish it did more of it by removing stuff like the Creeper and the Mudcrab Merchant entirely. The fact that it also nerfs a lot of the later game weapons is nice since the game gets too easy anyway. The new dungeons and other areas it adds are also pretty fun, my friend and I just cleared a dungeon with a massive horde of skeletons and their king. What are the parts of Rebirth you don't enjoy?

The only complaints I have with it are the weird annoying shop hours and the aforementioned thing about Skullcrusher being the only late-game weapon that didn't receive a 20-30% damage nerf. I thought the mod author had just forgotten about it, but then I saw he had actually increased its max damage by 2. I'm thinking that when TES3MP's 0.7 comes out and we roll new dudes at a higher difficulty, we'll edit the Skullcrusher's damage to max out at 50 instead of 62 (or we'll just all agree not to roll a blunt)

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 27, 2018

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

idgi. Reads like typical dweebs complaining about how progressive politics mean they no longer have a safe space for their regressive thoughts?

Without context or any idea what ResetEra even loving is that's my base assumption since actually overly punitive moderation would mean I would've heard of that sites drama already.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Nasgate posted:

idgi. Reads like typical dweebs complaining about how progressive politics mean they no longer have a safe space for their regressive thoughts?

Without context or any idea what ResetEra even loving is that's my base assumption since actually overly punitive moderation would mean I would've heard of that sites drama already.

That's basically exactly what it is. Also, mombot is a terrible gamergate account that pretends to be a japanese housewife so they can spout bullshit about how women hate feminism, actually, and will routinely get their followers to harass anyone they disagree with. I have a couple friends who were targeted by mombot and it was a pretty lovely experience.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

that twitter account is an rear end in a top hat and the skyrim dude whined about not being able to post rightwing content

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

yeah absent any context that sounds like some "dev" for a game that came out in 2012 griping about stuff they shouldn't be anonymously

a lot of game dev interaction drop off isn't because of SJWs it's cause gamers are crazy and see a lot of devs as SJWs and bombard them with death threats

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Anyone talking about the next Elder Scrolls game? Oblivion Mobile II SE Elder Scrolls: Blades.

Any speculation on which Era?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

looks like it'll be mid 4th era or so after the war i guess

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, so you know how Daggerfall's dungeons are huge? Well...

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/1021881177185996800?s=19

gently caress YES. I replied with three stipulations: Longer quest timers, no more falling through floors, and quest goals / items / NPCs are always reachable. If those are good, it's good.

God bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

That's basically exactly what it is. Also, mombot is a terrible gamergate account that pretends to be a japanese housewife so they can spout bullshit about how women hate feminism, actually, and will routinely get their followers to harass anyone they disagree with. I have a couple friends who were targeted by mombot and it was a pretty lovely experience.

Yeah please don't interact with mombot that's just the tip of the iceberg