Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Too true op, too true

More seriously, let's talk some sleepers. Ignoring the players whom everybody has wised up on by now (like the entire fnatic roster, the winterfoxes, etc.), who do you think can still impress this coming week? I'm pondering if it's a decent investment to grab WerlyB and Fred3ric from Giants to replace my top and jungler ATM.

Why hello, it's the chick who picked up Yellowstar, Winterfox, and WerlyB here.

I'm going really hard on the "sleepers" (though I'd agree with Flameingblack that it's hard to call them that anymore), given that my team loses by 30 points to my week 2 opponent in expected values. A large part of that is that my starters include Overpow and Woolite, and I do not like the looks of Roccat's schedule this week. So support flex pick it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Woolite didn't do THAT bad - 29 points, good for 12th out of 20 in the ADC position. Fortunately, my default flex is Forg1vengre, so I can just swap him over to ADC and still have someone really strong in that position. Depending on how this week goes, Xpecial + Yellowstar might actually become my default - those two were absolute beasts in Week 1.

I think Top Lane is going to be the trickiest role for me to find the best answer for. Right now I'm holding both Werlyb and Overpow, but there's also Vizicsacsi and Avalon undrafted in my league. My heart says to go with Avalon because I really want Winterfox to do well, but I don't know if I can justify starting a complete unknown who's going up against TSM his first week.

Luckily, EU plays first, so I'll know whether Werlyb or Overpow turns out to be a big enough fraud that I can safely jettison one of them in favor of Avalon.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Marin Karin posted:

I wouldn't mind a chance to join a new league (if pre-30 accounts can do it). I got back into LoL recently and missed the window on the original ones.

I made a smurf specifically for this, so pre-30 accounts can definitely join.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So I made the decision to sub out Overpow on account of how rough Roccat's week 2 schedule looked, and I was right in that he underperformed. Unfortunately, the person I subbed in for him was Werlyb, on the theory that while Giants were probably gonna cool off from their easy weak 1, they should still likely beat H2K and get me some points, especially with what looked like their star player from Week 1. I made a really bad call.

So top lane is my main weak spot - either that or mid if Hai keeps playing like he did last week. But top seems like the real problem, and I have a few options now that I'm definitely jettisoning Werlyb.

1) I could put Overpow back in, especially since his week 3 schedule of Giants and MYM looks pretty breezy
2) I could pick up a free agent. Best options for that right now look like Vizicsacsi and Avalon
3) I could make a trade, but I don't know how plausible that is. My best sub to offer right now is Woolite (40 points in a week where his team went 0-2 and had really difficult opponents!), and if the offer is really good then I guess I could part with one of my starters

Does anyone have advice for my situation? And if you're in Exempt Non-Residents, do you have any trades you'd like to propose? I'm also potentially willing to trade Yellowstar or Xpecial and put a non-support as my flex.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Is there any way to view free agents in leagues that aren't your own? I could offer a breakdown if so.

Top Lane free agents are Vizicsacsi, Mimer, Hauntzer, and Avalon. Mid Lane free agents are Soren, Niq, XiaoWeiXiao, Shipthur, and Blizer.

Looks like I can still swap out Hai for XWX or Shiphtur if necessary? But I can't make a top lane trade until EU unlocks, which I assume will be later today.

EDIT: You can also see the full list of free agents by going here, filtering by position, and sorting by owner.

For reference, I've dropped my second team, added XWX, and swapped him in for Hai this week. I still believe C9 will make a comeback throughout the season, but it's probably not going to fully happen in a week where they're up against Liquid.

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 31, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yo just for the record at the end of this week I'mma put together a mild effortpost about the first 3 weeks of Exempt Non-Residents (with plans to do this again at the end of week 6 and then another at the very end). Highlighting trends in the matches by week, who made good substitutions, who made bad ones, etc.

It's looking like the first edition of it is gonna consist primarily of me yelling at myself over my week 2 goofs.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Man, last week was shiiiiiit for me. It's kinda a relief to know I didn't just make one bad choice, but that I made many bad choices - no reason to beat myself up over any particular one.

For reference, my four EU players won me 200 points this week, whereas my whole team got 166 points last week.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Wise fantasy folks, please help me make two decisions:

1) Right now I have Overpow in my top lane slot, with Vizicsacsi as a sub. They're facing each other next week, and are each likely to pick up a win in their other game (Roccat is vs. H2K and UoL is vs. MYM). The question is really gonna come down to who's gonna win in the head-to-head, which is hard for me to judge since they both seem like they're solid teams and the next tier down from the top 3 of SK/Elements/Fnatic. What do you guys think?
2) As far as carries go next week, I have Forgiven as pretty much guaranteed, and then I have Hai, XWX, and Woolite to distribute among my mid and flex slots. What do you think the best combination would be? I lean towards XWX/Woolite since Impulse have a pretty easy schedule next week for a high-impact player like XWX to go crazy on, and Woolite racked up 40 points even in the week where his team got murdered by Elements and Fnatic

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Okay seriously what is with the awful death weighting? 10/0/10 is literally worth less points than 15/20/11, it's unreal how many more points a terrible team that can't win until the end of time racks up compared to a team playing well.

Say hello to Gambit, your new fantasy gods.

Real talk: I had 2 players with week with 1 death between them in Forgiven and Hai. Their combined score was less then that of Niq.

Fantasy LCS feels like it should be about identifying really strong players and teams before everyone else does, and in part it is. But there's this weird side component where you're guessing which bad teams will have miserable 60 minute games this week instead of miserable 30 minute games.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The gently caress happened to SK's fantasy scores this week? Looks like they got their game 2 scores set to 0, which swayed a couple matches in my league. Did they get disqualified for being racists and assholes? Or (much more likely) is this a bug that Riot is gonna quietly fix soon?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So it looks like I'm going to finish this game with a 3-1 record but be 5th place out of 8, on account of the legit 5-way tie and the fact that I have the lowest combined score of those 5 (at 975).

On the plus side, next week we have the other four 3-1 teams going against each other and me going against the 8th place team, so unless I screw things up massively I'll be 4-1 and in 3rd place!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Okay I promised you guys a huge effortpost about the Exempt Non-Residents wuss league this week, and here it is. This was a lot of fun to assemble, but let me know if it's enough of an eyesore that I ought to take it down. Otherwise, I'mma make another of these at the end of week 8, so hopefully the league won't be completely wrapped up with no possible tension by that point.

STATE OF THE LEAGUE

As we close out week 4 and get ready to pass the halfway point this week, I want to confirm that my own laziness was only part of why I delayed this effortpost a week. Another part was because I hoped that another week might break out the 4-way ties we had at the end of every week thus far. I got my wish, but it was one of those cruel genie wishes: we have a 5-way tie for 1st this week instead, making any analysis of “who’s the best?” a lot weaker than it otherwise would be.

We’re at as good a point to reflect as we ever will be, though, since week 4 was the first week in which the average points scored by teams didn’t surpass that of the previous week (it was 253, down from week 3’s 263). That suggests that the teams have found their groove to some extent - we’re not going to be seeing major roster shakeups unless a strong-starting team (Elements?) really goes into full collapse mode.

One notable trend we’re seeing is a stratification of teams into regions - 5/7 of Devil Squadron and Space Prison 13 are EU, while 5/7 of Bangarangs are NA. This trend too has cooled off recently, however, and for good reason - having all your players in one region can lead to insane days (like Bangarangs’ day 3 in week 3, where they scored 168 points) but also disappointing days as all your players fight each other (like Bangarangs’ day 4 in week 3, where they 73 points and ultimately lost). The team owners of Exempt Non-Resident seem to be coalescing around the same wisdom for now: moderation in all things.

That level of relative calm gives us a great opportunity to look at…

THE TEAMS

In rank order, with ties broken by total points scored across weeks.

Space Prison 13
Record: 3-1
Score: 1029
Opponents: Rainbros’ Revenge (W), Bjerger Kings (L), Police & Thieves (W), Promoted to Wood 5 (W)
Star Player: Steelback
Cutest Player: Rekkles

How good is Space Prison? This good: they can afford to put Rekkles on the bench. It’s been a perfectly sensible call to make, given that Steelback, Fox, and PowerOfEvil are already a stacked roster of carries. If there’s any signs of weakness in this roster, it’s coming from either top lane, where Gambit’s recent run of long and brawly games threatens to come to an end, or the jungle, where a middling Jankos has been recently swapped out for a middling Saintvicious. When they’re on, though, Space Prison is definitely on: they’re the only team to have surpassed the 300 point mark for weekly score thus far.

Rainbros’ Revenge
Score: 1025
Opponents: Space Prison 13 (L), Police & Thieves (W), Bangarangs (W), Fartsnatchers (W)
Star Player: Bjergsen
Cutest Player: Altec

After all the praise I lavished on Space Prison, it’d be unfair for me to deny equal praise to the team that’s a mere .4% behind them in cumulative score and on a 3-week winning streak. It’s kinda what happens when you have a team with Bjergsen and two of SK’s biggest players. Rainbros’ Revenge also have the luxury of an impressive bench, with Ryu waiting in the wings if h2k continue to capitalize on the potential they’ve been showing recently. Meteos is likely going to keep sitting on the bench, unfortunately - even if C9 return to form, Svenskeren is just too good to cut.

Bangarangs
Score: 1017
Opponents: Promoted to Wood 5 (W), Devil Squadron (W), Rainbros’ Revenge (L), Police & Thieves (W)
Star Player: Doublelift
Cutest Player: Aphromoo

So here’s an impressive feat: putting together a 3-1 team and amassing a cumulative score only 1% lower than the league leader, all without a single player in the top 20 fantasy point scorers. The Bangarangs have achieved that by putting together a very balanced roster that’s strong in areas where other teams are hurting - Rush would be a starting jungler for most, but he’s rightfully on the bench in favor of Airwaks here. Top lane, staffed by the serially underperforming Balls and Wickd, is the only weak spot here. Also: Doublelift or Wickd could have easily won cutest player in a number of other teams.This is a stacked roster in the looks department.

Bjerger Kings
Score: 983
Opponents: Fartsnatchers (W), Space Prison 13 (W), Promoted to Wood 5 (W), Devil Squadron (L)
Star Player: Froggen
Cutest Player: Santorin

Here we drop off to the second tier of 3-1 teams, which can be summarized as “strong squads who had one very rough week”. In the Bjerger Kings’ case, unfortunately, that off week was the most recent one. Mash can usually be considered the weak link of this team, but Froggen and Nukeduck but turned in terrible performances in week 4. Whether or not the team can rebound is unclear - if all goes wrong, they’ve still got Santorin, and Elements’ easy week 5 schedule should allow Froggen to get back to his high-rolling ways.

Devil Squadron
Score: 975
Opponents: Police & Thieves (W), Bangarangs (L), Fartnsatchers (W), Bjerger Kings (L)
Star Player: Yellowstar
Cutest Player: Xpecial

On paper, Devil Squadron is in an excellent place, with 3 of the top 10 league-wide point scorers on their roster in the form of Yellowstar, Freeze, and Soren. The problem lies in the fact that last time Devil Squadron adopted a mentality of “these sleeper picks have done really well thus far”, it led to a disastrous week 2 loss featuring embarrassing performances from Werlyb, IWDominate, and Xpecial. Future performance will depend strongly on whether picking up both of CW’s carries works out, but week 5 at least should be fairly smooth sailing, given Devil Squadron’s 38-point projected lead over their opponents.

Fartsnatchers
Record: 1-3
Score: 988
Opponents: Bjerger Kings (L), Promoted to Wood 5 (W), Devil Squadron (L), Rainbros’ Revenge (L)
Star Player: Wildturtle
Cutest Player: Reignover

The unluckiest team in the league - and in any other league, it wouldn’t be close. No team with Reignover and both halves of Wild Boys should be ranked this low. And it’s not as if the team is full of potential but hasn’t been delivering - Wildturtle and Reignover are both in the top 10 for individual scorers, and the Fartsnatchers’ cumulative score is 4th in the league. The problem really is just luck - the team’s losses in weeks 3 and 4 were both close affairs to teams that scored over 280 points that week. There’s no glaring weak link here, no major strategic moves necessary - only the hope that luck improves.

Police & Thieves
Record: 0-4
Score: 939
Opponents: Devil Squadron (L), Rainbros’ Revenge (L), Space Prison 13 (L), Bangarangs (L)
Star Player: Febiven
Cutest Player: Sneaky

If Fartsnatchers are the unluckiest team in terms of disparity between score and rank, Police & Thieves are the unluckiest team in terms of sheer black comedy. In all 4 weeks so far, this squad has lost to the highest weekly scorer. Originally named Eddy’s 0-8 Bloodlust, this team shed the Gambit underperformers after week 1 in favor of star players like Febiven and Shook. It’s resulted in impressive leaps from week 1’s score - a little over 180 in that week and over 240 in all subsequent weeks - but that hasn’t translated to a win quite yet. Luckily, the team has an engaged owner who’s always hustling for good trades and acquisitions, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see them pick up a few wins before the end of the season.

Promoted to Wood 5
Record: 0-4
Score: 794
Opponents: Bangarangs (L), Fartsnatchers (L), Bjerger Kings (L), Space Prison 13 (L)
Star Player: Link
Cutest Player: Helios

While Police & Thieves took their week 1 asskicking as motivation to build a much more powerful team, Promoted to Wood 5 only exacerbated their problems before peacing out. Long after everyone else has gotten rid of Giants players, Promoted to Wood 5 is still sporting Frederic and the team - potentially because two weeks of rough losses left them in a difficult position that their owner didn’t feel was worth scrambling to get out of. Whatever the reasons, Promoted to Wood 5 are living up to their name as the league’s bottom team, with a cumulative score nearly 150 points behind their nearest competitor.

SPECIAL ZONE

Dumbest loving Idiot: Jonny Angel of Devil Squadron, week 2
Going into week 2 with a resounding victory under her belt, Jonny was faced with a dilemma: she was starting Overpow and Woolite, and Roccat had a rough schedule of Fnatic and Elements for week 2. Thinking herself super smart, she went for a double support roster, anchored by week 1 assist powerhouses IWDominate and Xpecial, and bolstered by Werlyb the unstoppable Jax monster. These were almost unilaterally poor decisions: while new acquisition Yellowstar performed great, the two Liquid players and the Giant averaged a mere 2 points. To add insult to injury, while Roccat indeed lost both games, the benched players from the squad averaged 30 points. Jonny’s too-clever-by-half plan led to a disastrous week 2, and is the reason she’s currently in 5th place despite winning all other weeks.

Smartest loving Egghead: Libertine of Police & Thieves, week 2
It may seem strange to give out an award for smart decisions to someone who’s still winless and ranked 7th on points, but one has to understand the level of danger Libertine was in. Going all in on Gambit produced terrible results in week 1, which led to new players in every position except for the two AD carries - the titular Police & Thieves. Every single one of these swaps worked out, at least in the short term: they all posted higher scores than their week 1 counterparts, for a total point increase of about 70 between weeks. Most of the players at the top of this league got there due to great drafts, and their strategic calls since then have mostly been as simple as swapping in your Fnatic players after week 1. Libertine, on the other hand, got dealt a terrible hand after Gambit showed up looking nothing like their IEM-winning selves, and has been making the best of it ever since.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Well, there's a chance your opponent will forget to replace Wickd, so that should be good for a free win!

To Transient's question: I'd obviously love to see a writeup on either prize league. I figure as long as we have this empty-assed thread, we should use it for giant posts that would have no business in the main competitive League thread.

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 19, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Thanks for the props in the write-up. I've been trying to improve my team every single week by the smallest of margins but yeah I've lost to the #1 team each week 4 weeks in a row. I seem to always meet everyone's team at their best week.

I'm not holding out any hope but maybe this will be the week.

No problem! I've really enjoyed seeing your team take shape.

After this week I'm planning another, smaller writeup about roster changes in Exempt Non-Residents. Who's swapped, who's been consistent, which trades worked out, which dropped players got picked up by other teams, etc. I feel like you might come off a little less well in that one, given Gambit's evolution from their awful week 1 form to a mid-tier team that racks up big points in slow brawly games.

Also, Transient, way to steal my false modesty schtick by also labeling yourself the dumbest. Excellent writeup, though, and definitely something that's getting me thinking about teams in my own league in a more longitudinal sense.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Also, it kinda says something about my abysmal early roster that I have only 2 members of it still in my starting roster, and 1 of them is the jungler I'm looking to trade.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I've been meaning to ask: how do the last two weeks work? You face everyone else once, and there are two weeks left. Are those like playoffs or something?

EDIT: Oh God I'm going to lose to an AWOL 0-4 team in what might still end up as my highest-scoring week, that's hilarious

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 22, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Good news, everybody: this week is the first week of the Wuss League that didn't end with a 4+ person tie.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
It's aight, you're still ranked 1st in points. You and me have a showdown this week for 1st place, which is gonna be very exciting - I'm gonna be spending the next few days figuring how much mitigation I need for the fact that a lot of my EU players are facing one another.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Well the game that might trip me up is Copenhagen Wolves vs. Fnatic, and both of those are slugfest teams, so I'm inclined to leave Freeze + Soren + Yellowstar in actually. There's also SK vs. UoL, though, so I may want to sub out Vizicsasci for Hauntzer and hold onto Forg1ven because he's the kind of motherfucker who still generates 40 points when his team suffers an embarrassing 0-2 week.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So here's that post I promised about longitudinal views of the Exempt Non-Residents teams. The squads are again ordered by rank. It's late and I have to get up for work early, though, so for now I'm only going to post the featured matchup for this week - our top two ranked squads!

---

Space Prison 13
Original Starting Roster: Balls, Jankos, PowerOfEvil, Rekkles, NRated, Fox, Team Liquid
Current Starting Roster: Cabochard, Saintvicious, PowerOfEvil, Steelback, Kasing, Fox, Team Gravity (2 originals remaining)
Status of Dropped Players: Balls - Bangarangs Starter; Jankos - Free Agent; Rekkles - Free Agent; NRated - Space Prison 13 Bench; Team Liquid - Free Agent

Smart trades all around - some of them obvious in hindsight, some of them less so. Swapping in Steelback has led to insane scores (29.8 ppg, compared to 18.5 for Rekkles), but so has swapping out Balls for Cabochard. C9 may very well be a stronger team than Gambit - both are on upswings - but Gambit is infinitely more brawly and does much better things for your scoreline. Balls may have found a new home on the Bangarangs, but dropping him was a very fruitful move, as he's performing worst out of top lane starters in the league while Cabochard is 2nd best. The wild cards here are from Gravity - Saint has been posting marginally better numbers than Jankos, and has outscored him for the last two weeks, but Gravity is still looking like a mid-tier team that can't yet be relied upon to put on brawly point-fests.

Did the trades work out? Absolutely. Consider the last week of play: Space Prison cruised to a low-key victory with a scoreline of 250, largely because their opponent was fielding an absent Wickd. If Space Prison had kept their starting roster intact, however, that total would have dropped to 212, and they would've suffered the most embarrassing loss of the league thus far.

Devil Squadron
Original Starting Roster: Overpow, IWDominate, Hai, Woolite, Xpecial, Forg1ven, Winterfox
Current Starting Roster: Hauntzer, Loulex, Soren, Forg1ven, Yellowstar, Freeze, H2K (1 original remaining)
Status of Dropped Players: Overpower - Free Agent; IWDominate - Devil Squadron Bench; Hai - Free Agent; Woolite - Free Agent; Xpecial - Free Agent; Winterfox - Free Agent

The first thing to make clear here is that this is a terrible draft and a terrible original roster. Literally no players dropped from the original Devil Squadron have currently made it onto other teams. Accordingly, Devil Squadron had to essentially completely rebuild itself as a team, and was only able to pick up one Fnatic player, so they've had a lot of work to do. The current backbone of the team has been built around Copenhagen Wolves powerhouses Freeze and Soren, who were somehow both available for pickup in Week 5 despite being the 2nd and 8th highest point scorers in the league respectively. Top lane has been a harder spot to fill, with a disappointing Overpow replaced first by Werlyb (0.5 ppg in week 2, noooo), then Vizicsacsi (13.4 ppg in weeks 4 and 5), and finally Hauntzer. Devil Squadron is ultimately walking into a rather similar situation to Space Prison in week 6: will a new Gravity pickup play dividends?

Did the trades work out? Even more so, absolutely. As mentioned previously, that week 1 roster has looked increasingly dreadful in hindsight, and would have netted Devil Squadron 210 points. Thankfully, they fielded a roster that scored 296 points instead.

---

Overall, these are two very similar teams going into week 6 - both are EU-centric, with players from the top teams of SK and Fnatic anchored by rising stars H2k and mid-tier brawlers Gambit (for Space Prison) and Copenhagen Wolves (for Devil Squadron). They even both dip into NA for the same team - Gravity. This will be an interesting one to watch this week, since while many matches are decided by whether team owners picked players from the right teams that week, this battle may have more to do with who has the right individual players from those same rosters.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Congratulations! You put together a great squad for this week. I think you've got a decently secure shot at winning the league now. Watch the gently caress out for next week, though, because you know who's the only team in the league with a higher cumulative point total than you?

That's right - it's the Fartsnatchers, your opponent next week. Who somehow have a 3-3 record.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
You don't - I just have a google doc spreadsheet that I maintain day-by-day and week-by-week so I can better write my effortposts. Here's where we're at this week, with the caveat that totals might be off by 1 or 2 because I round to whole numbers.

1 Space Prison 13 1527 5-1
2 Rainbros' Revenge 1459 5-1
3 Devil Squadron 1505 4-2
4 Fartsnatchers 1531 3-3
5 Bangarangs 1470 3-3
6 Bjerger Kings 1386 3-3
7 Police & Thieves 1498 1-5
8 Promoted to Wood 5 1244 0-6

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

Why weren't you in League of Mystery?? Almost everyone stopped caring about it by week 3 :(

I figured that I'm probably good at this, but not good enough to actually win - which is accurate, as it looks like I'mma end up somewhere between 2nd and 4th in the wuss league. Being a boring coward is working out great for me!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yo Transient I've realized that your iconic TSM/Fnatic/SK lineup in the League of Mystery has the same color scheme as Corona beer and I'm laughing really hard at that for some reason

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
More guarantees on draft times, ties, and consolation prizes would definitely motivate my effort-posting rear end to join a prize league. These plans all seem like solid plans.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
What would the "waiver system" that got mentioned entail? I'm not really familiar with fantasy sports terms - I guess it'd be something that puts some kind of soft limitations on acquisitions, so that someone can't trade away their entire roster for a new one in the span of 2 minutes?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hell of a way to start off my last fantasy week - 95 points off three players. 1st place is entirely out of reach, but I'm feeling good about a strong finish.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
C'mon, c'mon, just need this CLG/TIP game to contain more big brawly trades like the one that just happened so that Wharfinger can lose and I can barely skate past him on tiebreaker points to take 2nd place...

Even if that doesn't happen, I'm really happy with how my first fantasy league turned out, especially because I wasn't even there for the draft and got fed a crew of Liquid/Roccat shitters.

EDIT: Neither piece of that plan worked. 3rd place!

Jenny Angel fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

League's ended and stats got released. I could say a ton of things but I'm gonna sum it up with one emote: :holy:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

CORONA LIFE, MOTHERFUCKER. FIND YOUR BEACH

• Locked thread