Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Is there a known bug with the Fantasy LCS site not calculating points correctly? My team has a loss for week one and the summary on the league page shows that I lost 161-205, but when I click on the matchup it shows me having won 219-217 (which is what actually happened. It looks like the second TL and CLG game isn't being factored into the results. And I started Dominate and TL.

EDIT: Oh I just saw the banner on it. Never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Transient People posted:

All About That Jayce (Proposition Joe)
Weekly Record W (vs Rekt by Rek'sai), L (vs Poor Impulse Control), W (vs Scarra's Poachers), L (vs Aziriously Biznasty)
Original Roster: Wickd, IWillDominate, Soren, Rekkles, Vander, MrRallez, Team Liquid
Current Roster: Wickd, Reignover, Nukeduck, Rekkles, Vander, IWDominate, Team Liquid
Average Points Per Week: 217.86
Total Points Accumulated: 871.45

Dead in the water. It's harsh to say of a team that managed to steal a win from a top flight squad, but Proposition Joe's team has never been truly competitive, posting clean losses (including, I believe, the single most ghastly performance in the league last week, 153.77 points. Absolutely wretched) and only one clear win. This would normally not be a problem. What is a problem is the failure to adapt to the roster change of Elements. There's only some 11 hours left before LCS spots lock in as of the creation of this writeup, and if a swap for Wickd is not undertaken soon, AATJ will roll into battle with one spot posting 0 points this week. For a team that has never been particularly high-scoring, that's an absolute death sentence.

I like the write-up!

My team blows but 11 hours was plenty of time to make a change for Wickd. Also I finally dumped a lot of dead weight, getting rid of Wickd, Vander, and MrRallez in favor of Hylissang, Avalon, and Apollo. And obviously those guys are the key to winning the championship.

Last week was just hilarious though.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

There are a lot fewer strategic decisions in fantasy LOL because there are no injuries and no bye weeks. You rarely have true roster scarcity, and there's not a ton of incentive to do much more than set your best guys. You can mess around based on matchups, you have to track new players emerging/players underperofrming consistently, and there is a limited amount of roster turnover, but altogether it's just not quite as much fun as other fantasy sports.

Trades help a bit, and it's still fun enough. I enjoyed my first season and would do it again.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

Right now, there are no limitations on free agent (unrostered player) acquisitions - you can add someone whenever and however often you want. This obviously benefits people who are extremely focused on the league and watching events unfold live. To give a bit more balance, other fantasy leagues typically lock free agent acquisitions for some period of time and then have a process for establishing who gets players. I'm familiar with two systems.

One assigns priority to teams based on their draft position. So the last team to draft would have first priority. If they want a free agent, they put in a claim. They get that person, and then they have last priority and everyone else moves up. If they don't put in a claim on a player and the second priority does, the second person gets it and moves down.

Alternatively, you can give everyone a budget of $100 fun bucks at the start of the league. To add a player, you put in a blind bid (you don't see what others are bidding). When the free agents unlock after the week's games, the highest bidder wins the player. Your $100 has to carry you through the entire season.

I prefer the bid system myself, as it's a fun bit of strategic thinking.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

It's not something that requires people to be present at the same time. You just put in your claim or your bid and it gets automatically resolved at the appropriate time.

It's also really not at all complicated; basically every fantasy football league uses one of the two systems and millions of people play that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

I still owe my gift in the Megling Genocide league - will send when I get home today, or at least will friend whoever won so I can get started.

• Locked thread