Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kurtofan posted:

Quan Chi is probably the only good character to come out of the post MK3-pre MK9 game.

The post MK3 characters I liked are Kenshi, Bo' Rai Cho, Frost, Reiko, and MoKap. Reiko wasn't that memorable but I enjoyed playing as him. Mokap was a funny joke but not much beyond that. There are a bunch of MK characters that I'd be ok with never seeing again. Also, lol at MK vs DC for not having any post MK3 characters.

Jake Blues posted:

It would be really cool to see your opponent limping on a broken leg after nailing one of those. :agreed:

Kind of reminds me of stabbing opponents in MK 5 (Deadly Alliance). I feel like one of the few people that liked that feature.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Andrew Verse posted:

Only MK4 was bad. The rest were decent.

Armageddon wasn't good. They traded character depth for having all characters. I didn't play much MK vs DC, so I don't have much of an opinion on that game. Deadly Alliance and Deception made me realize Ed Boon will lie his rear end off about how much content his games have and to not trust him. ("super unlockables") He also pretended for months that the Wii U version of Injustice was going to get all the DLC. When it didn't he never talked about it.

Why exactly do people think the late Gwar lead singer should be in the game? I only know about that band because of Beavis and Butthead.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 3, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What Killer Instinct charecter most deserves to guest star? I can't figure out anyone that would be new ground or improper of being a guest charecter.

Jago or Fulgore, so we can have a Ken/Ryu style character.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Recently rewatched the first MK movie on HBO go and had to laugh at Goro. What does he do to relax when he isn't murdering or screaming?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MK2 was the best for amount of finishers. 2 fatalities, stage fatalities, babalitys, and friendships are all they need. Babalitys might be a little much but any finishers introduced from MK3 onward never seemed interesting to me.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

I think Scorpion's absence in MK3 was part of his appeal too. Smoke was similar (since he was just a palette swap in MK2). Smoke was relatively high tier also getting him a lot of use, plus you had to unlock him with a secret Kode that you could find hidden in magazine ads for the game, but where's the real Scorpion? Then UMK3 comes out and Scorpion is back and he portrait is actually inhuman looking and he fights with axes. :black101:

I was a fan of Scorpion before MK3 (and Johnny Cage.) Looking at the roster of MK3 for the first time was a disappointment.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

ChogsEnhour posted:

Likewise.

I saw a supposed leak of the final roster and there were only 2 new chara... Sorry, Kharakters that weren't either old cast or their kids. Not including Erron Black.

How can you say this and not post the list?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Who would you rather play as, no arm Goro or metal arm Goro?

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 27, 2015

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It looks like we aren't getting Smoke or any of the Cyber Ninjas so far. I'm really curious what happens after the end of MK9.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If Johnny Cage is Earth's champion and we haven't seen any hints of old Cage, he might get killed off right before the time jump. Wonder who takes him out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I like the Cyrax reference in the first picture. LK-4D4 engine oil.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

We rewatched Annihilation recently and I still can't believe those scenes made it from concept to movie.

I rewatched that recently and one thing that really sticks out is at the end. Everyone killed in the intro is alive but Johnny Cage. Nobody even thinks, let's go find Johnny.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Remember when Sub-zero and Scorpion showed up, had one fight scene and then disappeared for the rest of the movie? What a great film.

How did Johnny Cage get out of the place Scorpion teleported him to in the first MK movie?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They better give Johnny sunglasses in an alt costume.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Firstborn posted:

Russel Crowe is hilariously awesome in that movie. And he's based off ODB...

E: I'm using this pro controller for MKX-

For 2P maybe the Katana Onimusha controller or the Wii Bowling Ball.

2P can use the Samba de Amigo maracas.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It needs the WABWABWABWABWAB sound he makes with it from UMK3

Probably the best sound in the whole series.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

VarXX posted:

I think Kreate a Fatality was one of the victims of Midway's downfall at the time. I distinctly remember in an interview when they first revealed Armageddon, and the guy talking was mentioning the Kreate a Fatality system, and also mentioning that, at that time, there were still character specific fatalities within that system, he mentioned Sub-Zero had the spine rip and Scorpion had Toasty, and you could pull those off during the Kreate a Fatality stuff. Then those things never showed up and, man Armageddon sucked :(

Kelp Plankton posted:

Armageddon's Fatalities were 'mash buttons and body parts fly off', nobody had their own unique ones. When MK's most distinct feature is reduced to garbage it gives you a pretty good idea of how abysmal the game's budget was.

Armageddon was such a disappointment. My friends and I liked Deception and were excited for what was basically going to be a new MKT. Then they had the generic fatality system. Then we realized they had so many characters by just taking stances away from other characters and making that a "new character." Terrible game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This game needs Siang dlc.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Andrew Verse posted:

I'd like it to be something completely original, maybe starting out as a Deadly Alliance-Deception retelling but then taking a turn for something new and better.

How would Deadly Alliance start out if Liu Kang doesn't get killed by Quan Chi and Shang Tsung? Johnny Cage would be able to take both of them out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Johnny Cage should have an ending where he pulls a Reagan and switches from movie star to President later in life. Then in the next game you can fight as an elderly President Cage.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Scorpion will have a Le Trigre skin. Johnny will have Magnum.

They will all look the same to the untrained eye.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Solomonic posted:

Equally impressive is Sub-Zero's ending from the same port of MK4, in which Scorpion gives an impassioned speech about how their feud is finally over and Sub-Zero is free to go forth and sin no more. Sub-Zero responds by whispering "Arright" (complete with subtitle)

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IilQnuwc7Z0

Who could possibly think the arright part didn't need to be rerecorded? Also, this is something MK games should still reference.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Does Sub-Zero have a Cyber Sub Zero alt costume in X?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

Fujin confirmed as an unlock.

:sotw:

I feel that it's more likely just there to mess with fans.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is it true that copies of the game from Target will have the Goro dlc in them or is this just a made up internet rumor?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If anyone was wondering there isn't a Goro code in the box at Target. However it's still cheaper to get the dlc discount from there and just buy Goro.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Bb wouldn't match the target deal. Lame. Can anyone confirm/deny getting goro if you bought at target today?

Bought at Target, didn't get Goro.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Did anyone ever make a wb id for the thread?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Played a few games online with a friend tonight. So far I like playing as Kung Jin, Kung Lao, Cassie Cage, Jaqui Briggs, and Dvorah. Still haven't had the chance to play as everyone. Did not like playing as Kotal Kahn.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

man nurse posted:

Does this game seriously not have stage fatalities? That is super hosed up.

It's almost like this is the new MK:DA. I bet the next MK on this gen will bring them back and maybe one other type of finisher. Hopefully friendships.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm kind of sad Rain isn't playable because he looks great in action

I'm sure it's just move sets from 9 but it's crazy to me story mode has several characters that are basically finished and should be playable. If they aren't balanced they should just be offline only or something. I'd be shocked if Rain isn't in the 2nd season of dlc. (assuming there is one.) Hopefully they add Freddy to this game also.

I'm still pretty early in story mode. Do they give an explanation for why Sub-Zero isn't a robot?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

VarXX posted:

None of the Story exclusive guys have a variation so I don't think they're really finished

JetsGuy posted:

It's probably balance AND thinking of 3 well done sub-classes.

I keep forgetting about sub-classes since I'm slowly going through the story first. That's a great point.

Diabetic posted:

Sort of spoilers from MK9:

Sindel kills Cyber Sub in MK 9 and Quan Chi gets access to all the fallen warriors in the Konflict so when Quan Chi resurrects Subby, he's human.

But in 9 When Quan Chi resurrects Sub-Zero in 9's story, they show Cyber Sub Zero.

Has anyone been able to even login to a WBid in the MKX app? I tried to use a WBid and it wouldn't let me login. Half the attempts resulted in the app crashing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is there anywhere in the menus where you can rewatch endings from beating towers?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I bought Goro today and this is easily the most fun game to play as him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I played online for the first time today in unranked. In the first game I picked Goro because his fatality is easy to remember. Me and the other player were both clearly terrible but I was slightly less so and pulled off Goro's fatality. The second game looked like I was going to win with Raiden. Suddenly during an X-Ray attack, the other player died and the screen said Quitality. Great addition to the game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is there a complete costume unlock guide anywhere yet? Is anyone else still unable to log a WBid into the MKX mobile game?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Sub Zero's tower ending is ridiculous.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Gologle posted:

Raiden hasn't really hosed up that hard though, it's just goons being goons. It's a shame that it's only when he gets super pissed do things finally begin to turn around because then he's willing to break the rules. I hope we get a Raiden spin off game where we explore where he went after Kano "snared" him. Also that scene where Raiden was just lying on the ground getting the poo poo kicked out of him was probably my most favorite scene in the game, even though Raiden's my man.

Did you play MK9? Raiden messed up a lot in that game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Yesterday I beat corrupted Shinnok in towers as Kung Lao and the game froze on the death scene. Has this happened to anyone else? (It was on the Xbone version.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I still can't believe Frost was left off the roster. She would have been a perfect rival for Takeda.

• Locked thread