Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Can't wait for Yahoo to open. usually around Superbowl weekend, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Spoeank posted:

I got an email today that said the 31st

good poo poo. thanks.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

your offense is pretty ridiculous with those keepers. The only guy at the bottom I might try to find a spot for is Dozier, maybe switch him and Yelich. Otherwise I think you've got it right.

An infield of Rizzo, Cano, Desmond and Miggy, plus Trout in the outfield is god drat ridonkulous.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 28, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yahoo Fantasy Baseball opens tomorrow! :snoop:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/play-ball--yahoo-2015-fantasy-baseball-coming-your-way-192313636.html

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yahoo is LIVE!

time to get mocking. :dance:

edit: does anyone know if Yahoo's PRO leagues open up later? or are they not doing them this year?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 31, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Senf posted:

I've heard that PRO leagues aren't happening this year, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

New team name: A Case of the Shifts

Looks like they ARE doing PRO leagues, but they won't open until March.

https://twitter.com/YahooFantasy/status/561303634898456577

Yahoo Fantasy Sports posted:

@Cincy25 We will be doing baseball pro leagues in 2015 but not before March.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DannoMack posted:

Yet another post asking for keeper help! Standard 5x5 roto. I think the cap is something like $220 and we get to keep 6 guys. I think I've decided to definitely keep these five:

$17 Bryce Harper, Wsh OF
$21 Edwin Encarnacion, Tor 1B, DH
$26 Clayton Kershaw, LAD SP
$31 Yu Darvish, Tex SP
$31 Zack Greinke, LAD SP

And then have to decide which one of these ones becomes #6:

$5 Aaron Sanchez, Tor SP
$5 Joc Pederson, LAD OF
$5 Jon Singleton, Hou 1B
$5 Justin Turner, LAD 3B
$5 Jarrod Dyson, KC OF
$5 Joe Panik, SF 2B
$5 T.J. House, Cle SP
$6 Devin Mesoraco, Cin C
$11 Jonathan Papelbon, Phi RP
$19 Addison Reed, Ari RP
$21 Alex Gordon, KC OF DTD
$21 Julio Teheran, Atl SP
$25 Ryan Zimmerman, Wsh 3B, OF
$31 Jose Reyes, Tor SS
$31 Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B DTD
$36 Jacoby Ellsbury, NYY OF DTD
$56 Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B, DH DTD

Any help?

Mesoraco for $6 seems like a bargain. and I'm not sure I'd keep Greinke at $31.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got my first real draft of the season tonight in a little over 6 hours. :neckbeard:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Jealous. Getting too itchy to get in there and draft doomed me last year. I had 9 teams :gonk:

Yeesh, that is way too many. I'm maxing out at 3 this year. I like to do one at the start of spring training before the rankings adjust and as you say, to scratch the itch.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Monday_ posted:

You guys know you can do mock drafts, right?

Well duh. I've been doing mocks since like the second week of January. But I still like drafting 1 league early so you can still get some bargains before spring hype leads to inflated rankings.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 22, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Well.... that was.... interesting.

I went kind of offense heavy, pitching went early and often, and I waited too long on pitching, so my staff isn't great.

C: Wilson Ramos
1B: Todd Frazier
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Kyle Seager
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Ryan Braun
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
UTIL: Chris Davis
UTIL: Rusney Castillo
BN: Justin Morneau
BN: Oswaldo Arcia

SP: Tyson Ross, Carlos Carrasco, Lance Lynn, Jose Quintana, Jose Fernandez, Carlos Martinez, Kevin Gausman, RA Dickey

RP: Dellin Betances, Steve Cishek, Wade Davis

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

How many teams is that?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

You're right the pitching's a little weak, but I dig the OF. Frazier at first isn't ideal roster construction but between him, Seager and Chris Davis, you should be able to flip one for a 1B upgrade once the season gets going.

Yeah I kinda got screwed at 1st base... A-Gon got taken 13th overall, Prince around 25th.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

enjoy the first week because that's the only time you're going to have all of those guys in the starting lineup together.

Yeah, a lot of risk, but that's just how I roll. :snoop:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

spanky69 posted:

First week? Try first day. Chris Davis is suspended for Opening Day

ZOMG he is suspended for 1 game?!?!?! My season is doomed. :rolleyes:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

Fernandez doesnt even come back til the AllStar break so I'd make some serious trades to bolster that rotation. OFs could carry you far in points league but as said before, if it's roto then you need pitching bad and there's no telling when one of those injury-prone guys goes down.

It's H2H. And yes I know Fernandez doesn't come back til midseason. And yes I know my pitching isn't great, I said so when I posted my roster. The draft did not go at all how I planned. But it's not a money league, which is part of the reason I felt like being risky.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Schweinhund posted:

I'd try to trade Springer since his perceived value is probably pretty high to somebody but he's not worth much with the strikeouts and BA. If you can't trade him I'd drop him and keep Betts since he has potential to help in all categories and should be 2b eligible.

I agree about Springer, he Ks a ton and since Ks count in that league he doesn't have much value. I'm not sure I'd keep Betts either though if you are playing for this year, he's battling like 5 other guys for playing time so he may not get many PAs. I'd probably keep Soler or DeGrom/Arrieta.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Alex Wood for 3 seems like a good deal.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Just go Kolten Wong. He's hella cheap.

seconded. Wong is gonna have a breakout season IMO.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Jingleheimer posted:

Keepers in my league were set a week ago. Yesterday me and a friend in the league were talking about how dumb it was that one of the guys kept Darvish for $40 and now this happens. Poor guy is probably going through the stages of grief right now.

Just like the Rangers, he can kiss his season goodbye.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Mornacale posted:

Matt Holliday is elite at his position and both Samardzija and Sanchez have a shot, but you're right that I'm making do with more second- and third-tier guys. The team I inherited was the one team in the league that was completely terrible but not obviously tanking to game the draft system. Hence asking about auction strategy w/r/t those big budgets so I can try to actually pick up some more high-tier guys.

Holliday isn't elite for an OF, not anymore. He's consistent, but 20-25hr/90rbi is not elite. And his average has been dropping the last few years.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Safe to say Matt Harvey's stock has skyrocketed.... I just tried trading for him, sent this guy multiple reasonable offers.

he counters with:

get: Matt Harvey
give: Troy Tulowitzki

douchebag cocksucker.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

What were the offers and is it redraft or keeper?

It's a redraft. I started out with Kyle Seager and worked up from there, my most recent offer was Todd Frazier for Harvey.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Who does he have at third base?

Not sure why it matters anymore, but Castellanos. Also Harvey is his SP3, he's got Sale and Strasburg ahead of him.

But whatever, I'm over it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 8, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm just trying to figure out why he's a douchebag cocksucker!

Because I was making reasonable offers and he just kept rejecting them and not saying anything, not making any counteroffers or giving me any feedback. I finally asked him to give me a counteroffer or some feedback just to see if there was a deal to be made, and he sends me the Harvey for Tulo offer and says "take it or leave it". You don't think asking for a 2nd round/borderline 1st rounder for a guy he got at the end of the 6th (who probably won't reach 200 innings) is a dick move?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Whatever, I posted that last night when I was pissed off. I'm over it now.

Senf posted:

Maybe he just doesn't want to trade Harvey and sent you the Tulo offer so you'd leave him the gently caress alone?

mission accomplished. He could have just said that after the first offer and I would have dropped it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 9, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Also Castillo and Cain.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

CancerStick posted:

C: Suzuki
1B: Morneau, Hosmer
2B: Kipnis, Dozier
3B: Bogaerts, Machado
SS: Flores, Tulo, Aybar
OF: McCutcheon, Dickerson, Soler, Harper, Ellsbury, Buston

SP: Alvarez, Salazar, Fieres, Ryu, Kluber, Quintana, Elias, Oridizzi
RP: Rosenthal, Doolittle, Storen, Feliz

First team:
Kipnis/Dozier
Tulo
McCutcheon
Harper
Ellsbury

Possible under $5:
Soler
Kluber
??? (Dozier?)

First team looks more appealing. If Dozier is under $5, I'd replace him with Dickerson in the first 5.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Vernacular posted:

Just finished up my draft. Keeper league, H2H, 10 teams, 6x6 (+OPS & K/BB)

We're a S+H league, thus Giles and Herrera. Thoughts?

Looks solid to me. Nice job.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

No Pro leagues until April now??? :wtf: Yahoo? :argh:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

ZenVulgarity posted:

ALRIGHT BOYS I JUST GOT DONE DRIVING

WHAT DID YOU GET ME ROBOT

Coulda been worse I guess

sup Stanton/Braun/Cargo OF buddy :hfive:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

This team became

C: Stephen Vogt
1B: Lucas Duda
2B: Daniel Murphy
3B:
SS: Alcides Escobar
OF: Alex Rios, Denard Span, Torii Hunter
Util: Lorenzo Cain, Drew Stubbs
BN: Carlos Beltran, Michael Saunders, Jed Lowrie, Brad Miller, Jon Singleton

SP: Yu Darvish, Adam Wainwright
RP: Cody Allen, Marcus Stroman
P: Bobby Parnell, Derek Holland, Tony Watson, Pat Neshek
BN: Hiroki Kuroda

The AI didn't even bother drafting a third baseman (on second look, Murphy could be put at third, and Brad Miller could be used at second), and it left $173 unused.

e: My guess is that we will never see Danny P actually play in this league after he looks at this team.

Hahaha jesus christ that is the worst team I've ever seen.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I just did one of those Yahoo Snap Draft leagues, it was pretty fun and crazy. Lester went 13th overall, Puig 9th overall, Darvish was drafted, someone took Felix with Stanton and Goldy still on the board, etc.

I'm pretty drat happy with my team.

Yahoo 12 team H2H 5x5

C: Russell Martin
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Kolten Wong
3B: Chris Davis
SS: Hanley Ramirez
OF: Bryce Harper
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
OF: Starling Marte
UTIL: Leonys Martin
UTIL: Joc Pederson
BN: Aaron Hill

SP: Matt Harvey, Jacob DeGrom, Carlos Carrasco, Michael Wacha, Justin Verlander, Danny Duffy, Carlos Martinez

RP: Dellin Betances, Joaquin Benoit, Sean Doolittle, Brad Boxberger, Wade Davis

:snoop:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Why did you let me know about on-demand drafts :ohdear:

I know, my friend told me about them. They are so drat tempting! He's in 4 leagues already because of them, and he had told me he was only doing 2 this year including a Pro league.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

That SP/RP rotation loving owns, though.

Thanks! :cheers:

MinibarMatchman posted:

What rounds are Big Bad Harv going in lately? I'm going all in for hitters earlier than I usually do so I wanna try to make a run for Harv as the ace if I skip the early big names.

I got him mid 6th round.

edit: Haha I just realized that dumbass that took Lester 13th overall is like CUBS SUPERFAN #1:waycool:, his first 7 picks were ALL Cubs! Rizzo, Lester, Soler, Castro, Bryant, Arrieta, Baez. He also took Rondon and Montero later in the draft.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 15, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Schweinhund posted:

Which 4 do I keep and why?

harper $20
rendon $10
harvey $15
desmond $10

these seem like the best values of the 6.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Retail Slave posted:

Had a draft today. Was standard draft, yahoo public league with the default scoring settings. How'd i do?

I don't think I have the BEST team in my league, but I don't think I'll finish last--- will I? How reliable is that metric you can check during the draft that rates your team in comparison to others? At the end of the draft I think it had me 11 of 12.

Personally I think that in-draft standings thing is bullshit.

Your team should not be in last, no. I'd say middle of the pack team. Your pitching is solid, and your outfield is nice. Your UTILs are pretty weak IMO. Your infield I'm not crazy about, but it should be good enough.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Slowhanded posted:

Any particular reason some of you guys draft so early? I've always liked drafting as late as possible to avoid to inevitable injury breakdown in spring training. I know a lot of the writers tend to draft in February or so, but that's out of the necessity of having articles out before the bulk of drafting actually occurred.

I like to do at least one draft early to get some bargains before spring hype leads to inflated ADPs for sleepers.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Hey guys, please tell me how garbage my team is. 10 teams. H2H league, default yahoo scoring. I was drafting while on a bus after a few drinks and accidentally drafted Holliday over a better 2B but whatever, could be worse I guess? Thanks!

I like the team a lot for the most part, your pitching is really good, and as Spoeank said you got some steals in there, and I love Wong this year so you should be fine at 2B. Really the only place where I feel like you messed up a bit is your OF, I'm not crazy about Holliday or Cespedes.

edit: you could probably use 1 or 2 more closers. and some more speed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

DoctaFun posted:

blergh, I edited my old post instead of pasting this here...Anyways:

Reposting from last page, how did I do :ohdear:. 12 team league, H2H points, $300 auction budget no keepers.

For some reference, Trout went for $79, Kershaw went for $88, Felix went for $92 and Puig went for $80 :psyduck:.

Your team looks good, I'd try to trade McCann for a better shortstop, zobrist is kinda worthless now. Can't believe Felix went for more than Trout and Kershaw, and Puig went for more than Trout. :vince:

Arrieta for $7 is a loving steal, as are your closers.

• Locked thread