Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I died against the hornet boss, because i could not destroy the hive openings in one cycle. when i tried again, i really focused, and succeeded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

epitasis posted:

i bought this and started playing the first one and wow it looks like rear end poo poo

it's a gamecube game. it came out in 2002. i think it looks pretty good for a gamecube game that came out in 2002

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

metroid prime is pretty drat good. i don't remember how far i got the last time i played, i think i was in the space pirate's base, and i had to fight the giant titan pirate. didn't get much farther than that.

right now i just got the ice beam, and i didn't get the scan to find the gravity suit until i was already neck deep in water, so i had to meticulously jump all the way to the top of the room underwater to get out. totally forgot i needed the gravity suit before i could progress in the water area.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

just got the power bombs. around here is where i stopped last time so this is all uncharted territory for me now. the boss for the powerbombs was scary because i couldn't see it or even scan it, and i was walking into the room with half health

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

the wavebuster can see it and it's a hilarious fight if you have it

what is the wave buster. i had to beat the boss by going into thermal mode to follow it (even though it wouldnt lock on) and spam wave beam shots.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll find them. As soon as I escape from this phazon hell and also maybe acquire the grapple hook i am going to go ham on this world and explore every corner

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

flamethrower sounsd like an extremely epic weapon and is therefore not useless

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the wavebuster requires roughly 600 missiles total and full concentration while holding the wii mote with two hands 10 inches from the screen for precision aiming

impressive.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i thought this was what was beyond that underwater room

still, hardly worth it unless you're going for 100%. youre kind of plopped in front of the entrance to phazon mines after getting the grav suit IIRC

Not really. You have to go through the crashed frigate. I had actually been to that room before and made a mental note to go back when I had the gravity suit, and I could have, but I forgot and went to explore the frigate instead.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't remember how far I got in prime 2 but I doubt it was much further than the boost guardian.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i got the grappling hook, and the x-ray visor. done playing tonight, but tomorrow, i will explore the hell out of phendrana and magmoor with the grapple beam

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

About to take on the Dark Temple Boss in Agon Wastes. Wish me luck

Good luck.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Phendrana has such amazing music and the whole area is super well designed. I remember as a retarded kid I was afraid of the Pirate Base there once the lights go off and would go out of my way to avoid it. Good times.

yeah

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i found the plasma beam, and I've gotten the artifact you get for destroying the space pirate tower in phendrana. i have to venture into the phazon mines again and i fear for my life.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lemming posted:

You missed out. The single player was merely passable, but the multiplayer was really good. I'd even go as far as to say the touch screen aiming is second only to mouse (yes, that means I think it's better than the Wiimote aiming). The FFA deathmatch type you played with strangers was meh but some of the other KOTH and CTF gametypes were sweet as gently caress. You could get headshots and poo poo it was great.

My favorite guy was Sylux because he drained your health with electricity and lived forever

I remember playing a pretty good amount of hunters, and the lava guy was my favorite. apparently there is one hunter who is by far the best out of all of them with regards to pvp. i dont remember which one it was but it was really bad

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

aside from bosses, is it possible to screw yourself out of 100% scans? im missing one pirate data, and one or two random creatures (i assume the last three are the final bosses), and a few research entries. i have the phazon suit at this point, and I have two artifacts left to get.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did you get the Ice Shriekbats? Both types of turret? The parasites on the frigate? Map station? Did you get both the hive and the wasps in the two wasp bosses? Did you get Flaghraa and Flaghraa's Tentacles?

No. Yes. I think so. No. Pretty sure. Yes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the pirate data i am missing is the one after "fall of zebes" and before "contact", so i assume its one i missed in the ding dang intro

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

where are the ice shriekbats

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It's really cool how in the tunnel that leads to the phazon mines elevator in Magmoor caverns, you can look out the window and see the impact crater. You also see the impact crater out of the elevators in phazon mines. The world is really well stitched together.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

it's apparently an Irish name or some poo poo, can any Irish goons confirm how your awful gaelic language would properly pronounce this gamer waifu's name?

Seamus

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

man nurse posted:

The Phendrana Drift Feels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I am metroid jesus.

Hello