Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is there any way to regain ancestor trinkets lost in the endless harvest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Is there any way to regain ancestor trinkets lost in the endless harvest?

Don't they show up somewhere? I thought they get lost in time and space like a character that "dies" (they come back a few weeks later).

Edit: looks like they end up with the shrieker.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 7, 2020

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What's the deal with the %15 off Stoneshard coupon on Steam for Darkest Dungeon owners? Are they affiliated somehow?

Also Stoneshard is real cool, check it out.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
This new fan mod looks pretty cool!

https://youtu.be/uEX8vtCMqQE

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I've played this a bit (got some heroes up to resolve level 2 one time I think) but usually abandon it because of Too Many Games To Play (TM). Does Radiant just cut down the mid-game grind or does it make everything easier? Basically, should I play on Radiant?

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

GrossMurpel posted:

I've played this a bit (got some heroes up to resolve level 2 one time I think) but usually abandon it because of Too Many Games To Play (TM). Does Radiant just cut down the mid-game grind or does it make everything easier? Basically, should I play on Radiant?

Depends if you can put up with some grind (getting heroes to lvl 6), as Radiant also lowers lots of other difficulty settings. Personally after a certain point I was auto piloting through low level dungeons and found regular difficulty worthwhile and challenging in places.

tl:dr, play on regular

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Desdinova posted:

Depends if you can put up with some grind (getting heroes to lvl 6), as Radiant also lowers lots of other difficulty settings. Personally after a certain point I was auto piloting through low level dungeons and found regular difficulty worthwhile and challenging in places.

tl:dr, play on regular

Alright, I was worried just blasting through dungeons would be a problem on Radiant. I'll just go with the grind then, thanks!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Coming in to say Color of Madness was fun until they nerfed everything so that you had to go out, come back, go out etc to grind it to completion.

Just let me load up my Vestal / Jester / Shieldbreaker / Leper and cleave through everyone for a few hours and be done with it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

GrossMurpel posted:

Radiant increases exp gain and treasure I believe. You can also take higher level heroes in lower dungeons, letting you finish the game much faster.

The content itself isn't any easier through, just your ability to out level the dungeons.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Okay Darkest Dungeon, this is a pretty cute april fools

https://twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/1245380403784867840

...Wait, hang on.

https://twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/1245745454005944328

:eyepop:

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Welp, time to dust this off again.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Now this is esports

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

who needs DD now when you can get a survival horror dungeoncrawl experience by just going to the supermarket

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

PvP arena battles are really not what I'm looking for out of Darkest Dungeon tbh.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I suspect it was just a little side thing they threw together while dd2 churns.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Wafflecopper posted:

who needs DD now when you can get a survival horror dungeoncrawl experience by just going to the supermarket

Even the fiercest beast will lay down when it has not eaten. Steal their food.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Bogart posted:

I suspect it was just a little side thing they threw together while dd2 churns.

Yeah, it's this.

https://twitter.com/BourassaArt/status/1245759377119653888

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Wonder if this means they're looking at some kind of multiplayer integration for DD2.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Straight White Shark posted:

Wonder if this means they're looking at some kind of multiplayer integration for DD2.

Since it's a pretty simple turn-based system it's feasible their base game is coded clean enough they could jam some outside Unity networking poo poo in there without having to rewrite a bunch of poo poo. But yeah, most likely scenario is they were adding net code to DD2 already and it was easy to push that code back to DD.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Wafflecopper posted:

Me heading to the store for a roll of toilet paper

When the only roll I can find is the cheap single ply

Popete fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 3, 2020

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I like the idea of some kind of competitive or Co op move where you have multiple parties running in one dungeon.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Or there’s a dungeon that only opens up at certain times and you might come into zero sum conflict with other adventuring teams in dd2.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I can't wait to hear how the Ancestor hosed this all up.

"By the third year the circus arrived my infatuation with clowns and prestigiation had escalated to dangerous heights. It was then that the Ringmaster offered a golden ticket that gave promise to quench my desire."

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Now in image form.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Panfilo posted:

"By the third year the circus arrived my infatuation with clowns and prestigiation had escalated to dangerous heights. It was then that the Ringmaster offered a golden ticket that gave promise to quench my desire."

I'm just really hoping they manage to fanangle 'but Doctor, I am Pagliacci' in his lines, somehow.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Herbs: 300g
Staff: 650g
Clown torture: 97000000g
Relics: 700g

"RUIN HAS COME TO OUR FAMILY"
"Stop torturing clowns?"
"NO"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'd like it if there was a co-op method of DDing. It's not like you can really get too crazy building characters, so running with a crusader you build and a crusader your buddy built won't be too different.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Panfilo posted:

Well, it looks like it's the Cultists running this thing. It'll explain how they got here in the first place, maybe, past all the bandits and cannons?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/Cephalofair/status/1250124239837036547?s=20

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Panfilo posted:

Herbs: 300g
Staff: 650g
Clown torture: 97000000g
Relics: 700g

"RUIN HAS COME TO OUR FAMILY"
"Stop torturing clowns?"
"NO"

never stop punishing the clown for his misdeeds

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This Jester really, really wants to be an undead hunter. :psyduck:

I didn't even lock Ruins Tactician - he double proc'd it from the suit of armor curio.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

blizzardvizard posted:

This Jester really, really wants to be an undead hunter. :psyduck:

I didn't even lock Ruins Tactician - he double proc'd it from the suit of armor curio.

Literally the one place to never take him.

Coolguye must be rolling at this.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A little documentary about Darkest Dungeon: https://youtu.be/thQvE6XEmis

Them talking about the fan reaction to corpses roused old anger in me. Corpses are the best mechanic in the game and the backlash was so frustrating.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

That's interesting. Thanks for posting it since even though I get the updates from Frosthaven I just completely blank them since every other guest designer is a very "Who??" thing for me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

rydiafan posted:

Them talking about the fan reaction to corpses roused old anger in me. Corpses are the best mechanic in the game and the backlash was so frustrating.

Yeah, that update really broke some brains. Corpses specifically addressed a lot of the biggest complaints with the Early Access release and somehow the people who had been complaining the loudest just doubled down when their old complaints were invalidated.

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib

rydiafan posted:

Thanks for sharing this. Maybe watching it will inspire me to get back into the game.

Lazy question, but were there any changes to game length since about 2016 outside of DLC? Or is vanilla still a bit of a grinding slog?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

There's Radiant Mode. Was that a thing in 2016?

Edit: Decided to be not lazy and actually check. Radiant mode came out in 2017, so it does qualify for your question. Here a description from a random wiki:

quote:

Radiant Mode is meant for players who want to keep their playtime low, but it is still designed to give the player just as much challenge as Darkest Mode.

It is intended to take less time overall to complete than normal (“Darkest”) mode. The mode is still challenging — monsters have the same stats and nothing about permadeath has changed. But some gameplay rules have been flexed or altered in ways that reduce some of the more time consuming mid and late game elements.

Radiant Mode differences:

Never Again changed: heroes are now allowed to return to the Darkest Dungeon. However, they will undergo significant stress upon doing so, and are more likely to become afflicted instead of virtuous when in the Darkest Dungeon.* (Can be enabled in the Darkest Mode)

More Power Leveling flexibility: Heroes of up to Level 4 may enter Novice dungeons. Any hero may enter a Veteran or Champion dungeon.

Reduced cost of Experienced Recruits upgrades.

Accelerated hero XP progression.

Reduced hero upgrade and treatment cost scaling by level.

Returned provisions now give slightly more money back.

DODGE bonus from Radiant Light is increased from 4 to 7.5.

Idle stress heal in the town increased from 5 to 10.

Tweaks to Stagecoach:
Added another upgrade tier to Experienced Recruits (Lvl 4 Characters will now appear, increased chance of upgraded recruits appearing)
Changed Experienced Recruit requirements. (Lvl 1 now only requires Lvl 1 Blacksmith and Guild)
New Stage Coach population option to use a Deck based system. (This can be used on all modes). New Stage Coach generation method that gives a more even long-term distribution and also favors healers more, since they are the backbone of most parties. This can be toggled off in the Options menu if you wish to still ride the bittersweet wave of total RNG.

Accelerated Region Progression.

Town Events trigger more frequently to compensate for shorter playtime.

* The changes to Never Again are the following: gain 80 Stress when entering the Darkest Dungeon, decrease Virtue Chance by 25%, effectively making it a 1% Virtue Chance.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 28, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

There's the Town Invasion and The Shreiker, but I'm struggling to think of other stuff.

Oh and new enemies on Champion dungeons. So there's been bits and pieces to make the base experience less repetitive.

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
thanks, friends.

Bannerlord is fun, but after 80 hours, it would be nice to have a game with an object these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Oh also in case you stopped just before her release, the Antiquarian was released.

Quick summary, worst character in the game but let's you carry more treasure so you can level up the estate quicker. Always have her search curios since she finds bonus items.