Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for January, 2015?
This poll is closed.
:slick: BxB Hulk (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 1 0.67%
:heysexy: Shinsuke Nakamura (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 50 33.33%
:fut: Hiroshi Tanahashi (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 5 3.33%
:freep: Jay Briscoe (ROH World Champion) 0 0%
Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 79 52.67%
Rob Conway (NWA World Heavyweight Champion) 4 2.67%
:rudebox: Robert Roode (FORMER TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:anime: Lashley (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 1 0.67%
:eyepop: Prince Puma (Lucha Underground Champion) 6 4.00%
:geno: "More of this, huh?" (None of the Above) 4 2.67%
Total: 150 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Not going to win the poll, but goddamn have Prince Puma and Lucha Underground been good recently. They get my vote even over Brock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

The Intercontinental Title main evented Wrestle Kingdom in 2014. If the NXT Title main events Wrestlemania 31, we can pretend the situations are comparable.

That said, Hail Nakamura.

the IC title was not the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 8, Tanahashi was

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

no, Tanahashi main evented Wrestlekingdom 8

You just can't accept that at FASTLANE the US Title will be elevated to main event status when John Cena and Rusev have a 30 minute classic as the Rocky theme blares. :colbert:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's cool that perfectly sound arguments can be made for Tana, Shinsuke, or Lesnar this month.

oatgan posted:

the IC title was not the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 8, Tanahashi was

Since then it was featured in the main event of several PPVs, including two in Sumo Hall and Tanahashi wasn't even involved in the latter of them.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Hail the Beast Incarnate BRAWK LESNAR.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Senerio posted:

I'd say include NXT on Takeover months.

It's all or nothing, which is (again!) the reason PWG doesn't feature in these monthly polls, they tend to go months with nothing happening with the Champion before they do something really tremendous and then disappear again for another 2-3 months. The NWA is becoming guilty of this as well, which is annoying.

I'll leave NXT out, based on what people are saying, but continue to include it in the yearly poll. If NXT does end up becoming its own touring brand (which I think is unlikely) then I'll reconsider at that point, but for now it stays off the poll. Thanks everybody for your input :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

It has many of the best wrestlers in the world competing for it, it should count.

In front of crowds of 100 people at house shows. PWG fits that description and sells out its building!

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Jerusalem posted:

It's all or nothing, which is (again!) the reason PWG doesn't feature in these monthly polls, they tend to go months with nothing happening with the Champion before they do something really tremendous and then disappear again for another 2-3 months. The NWA is becoming guilty of this as well, which is annoying.

I'll leave NXT out, based on what people are saying, but continue to include it in the yearly poll. If NXT does end up becoming its own touring brand (which I think is unlikely) then I'll reconsider at that point, but for now it stays off the poll. Thanks everybody for your input :)

Then I will have to continue voting none of the above every month. :canada:

Eh, it's fine and I see why.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

It's all or nothing, which is (again!) the reason PWG doesn't feature in these monthly polls,

I'd be fine with fluctuating polls where the Champion has to defend their title to be on the list. Months with neither NXT nor WWE champions would be interesting, then.

As it is, mods please change my vote for Brock to a vote for None of the Above

Put Sami Zayn in as the None of the Above option next month, watch it win

Senerio fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 1, 2015

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nxt is a developmental territory and really shouldnt be included on the poll

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

minoru suzuki posted:

nxt is a developmental territory and really shouldnt be included on the poll

your face is a developmental territory

for zits

or something

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Mukaikubo posted:

your face is a developmental territory

for zits

or something

Great poo poo post! Try again next time and not be a bad poster!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Apparently you do enough to do a lovely post.

We wouldn't be even entertaining NXT as a possible choice if Bo Dallas was still champ.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It can have zombie Billy Robinson vs zombie Misawa and it would still be a developmental title. Noooooope. Bad post.

this guy sucks

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

u dick

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Last time I checked it's PSP's Pro-Wrestling Champion for <month> not World Champion for <month>

Having an extra row in the vote for NXT wouldn't hurt anybody. I know I'll be watching NXT Takeover a lot more closely than Fast Lane and Zayn/Owens is gonna be great.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

is your new gimmick just telling everyone they're a bad poster

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NienNunb posted:

It would be a crime for the PWG title to not make it into the poll while the NXT title does.

Please let me vote for Roddy Strong.

It's kind of pointless to include the PWG title in these polls because they don't run every month, and even when they do people don't actually see the match until the DVD ships a month later. You could make an argument for including it in February's poll, but then the only people who will have seen Roddy's defense are the ones who were there live.

Like me. :smug:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I just think that the NxT champion should be an option because they have cool as hell wrestlers doing awesome stuff which is all that really matters in this fake as hell sport.

Edit: I still would have voted for Nakamura even with Zayn as an option.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
At this point TNA shouldn't even be in the poll because a good portion of their time the champion they have listed has already lost the belt.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

At this point TNA shouldn't even be in the poll because a good portion of their time the champion they have listed has already lost the belt.

Well you could also make a (bad) argument that you should include everyone who held the belt that month. The forum probably doesn't let you put enough options in a poll for that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's still time to vote if you haven't yet.

As an aside, I only just learned thanks to a recent Observer that the reason Rob Conway didn't defend his belt this month is because he had appendicitis. He's still going to be having a title defense in February anyway :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2015 starts off with a Brock Lesnar win, going to show that when he's actually around he can be amazing, and that maybe they shouldn't just pretend like he doesn't exist when he isn't around. Nakamura and Tanahashi both also delivered MOTYCs in January, but Brock's apparently caught the imagination of more people. Whether he gets a vote in February given he seems to be absent again remains to be seen.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
One write-in vote for Sami Zayn being allowed next month please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Jonny Angel posted:

One write-in vote for Sami Zayn being allowed next month please.

Only if it's as the FORMER NXT Champion and Owens is there as well :getin:

• Locked thread