Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

leica posted:

What does that even mean? Not like you'd ever take a person in as a pet, those statements make no sense.

Don't be so dense.

I for one think most cats are hell spawn so let's just all shut the gently caress up about what pets are best/make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
When I first got my Volvo 242, it had a 400k mile NA motor with a tired 3 speed auto.

I got beat by a ratty NA 1.6 Miata...

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I haven't paid for the last 2 speed increases on my cable internet, they've been complementary.

Never had any issues that weren't fixed when a tech came over either. Guess we're the outlier with Cox.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Does it not say Taylor Swift in the title or do I just not see it?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

$4k is big turbo diesel truck here, and trucks have inflated values since so many head south of the border.
That would give you a truck with real hauling capacity past that of a small motorcycle.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I scored a brand new in box basic battery charger and a jump box, but the jump box was missing the charge adapter. Hooked up a 12v 1amp charger and a light turned on, but in 4 hours the level still showed low. Looks like the original was 12v @2.1 amps.

I then did something dumb.

I found a 15v 5amp laptop battery charger and hooked that up. Seemed to be working but then it started smelling funny. Moved it outside after unplugging it and now all the status LEDs are lit. I think I may have let out the blue smoke :(

Any ideas if you can charge a jump box through the big cables you hook up to a battery?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

STR, have you gone and explained your situation to someone, face to face, at a CC or JC?
Worst comes to worst, surely just getting your GED would end up less expensive than one semester at a for profit school?

The scariest bit of for-profit schools (other than predatory lending and smoke and mirror routines) is the alarming amount of HR reps who throw away applications based solely on the fact that you went to a for-profit school and have no real world experience.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Have you considered a trade? I feel like you've said you're fed up with talking with customers, but also want an IT job with customer interaction, or did I miss something?

I'd look at going into manufacturing if you don't want to deal with customers. Most big places will let you in at the ground floor and let you work your way up, or you can bounce around from job shop to job shop every time you get pigeonholed until you've got a decent skill set to apply at a big (cough corporate cough) shop. Or not, the biggest recreational :catdrugs: users and alcoholics I've ever met were outstanding machinists.

Another option is to look for a unionized trade and start an apprenticeship, but there's good and bad about that, as we've seen with super agro Craig here.

I started sanding parts for a small waterjet shop back in 2009, and I'm now a setup precision machinist for the biggest game in town, making good money and awesome benefits. No schooling, all on the job training.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

rscott posted:

no he should get an 540i

Fixed

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I have a super hardcore libertarian friend who is paying for his degree with non-subsidized private loans. I bet the amount of money spent to do that would still be less than a for profit school.

If you want me to get specifics, just let me know STR.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Use the 4 door to manual swap the coupe.

Enjoy it while you put the v8 swap stuff together! If that coupe shell is remotely clean, that's a pretty good deal. Engines are a dime a dozen.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Too bad you don't live closer so I could buy them.

I would love a facelifted e30 coupe.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Goddamn it.

A CB accord coupe manual just popped up for $700 with a blown head gasket...

The future wife said no non-running cars until after the wedding (in 5 weeks). It's even white, which is what I wanted :(

I guess a blown head gasket car still technically runs, right?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Cat Terrist posted:

Kingsman is a bloody good movie. 50 Shades of whatever got booed big time when a trailer came on.

I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Great mix of action and comedy, whole theater got into it.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

PaintVagrant posted:

I'm calling my insurance company about an FA5 civic si argh

Overpriced and underpowered is all I've heard about these, from owners and fanboys alike!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Do you guys have a good resource on how to wire up a house like what you're talking about?

I would love to run Ethernet to every room, rerun the coax as it doesn't work for my internet modem, and have it all go to the hall closet for routing and a seedbox/NAS.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Thanks for the link STR!

It's probably too late to do it this year, as we're already in the 80s, which makes the crawl space an oven!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So he's getting stabbed.

Is this why you bought the master sword?

The color combo on that murci is loving sweet! Congrats!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Going to go see the TPB on Saturday in Phoenix!

Woot!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

jamal posted:

225s then if the tire you want is available in that size.

Echoing this.

Also if I had to guess, you're looking at RS-3s, which run a little wide. If you can fit them I recommend them. Wonder tire.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

The Pontiac version looks like poo poo solely because of the stupid rear window.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I've found the opposite, though I'm younger than you both. Life has been speeding by so fast I have no idea where the last 2 years have gone.

Hell, I'll blink and it'll be 3 weeks later, and I'll be newlywed.
I feel that with all my increased responsibilities, time is going faster and I never get time to sit and enjoy it. I don't know how you parents do it.

Speaking of slowing down, I saw the trailer park boys tour on Saturday. It was loving hilarious and I was probably way too inebriated. The crowd loving sucked (holy poo poo gently caress Phoenix and all the methheads), but I had a great time with my fiance and friends anyways. The audience participation was a real treat!

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

Material handler at my work got sent to security for smelling like booze. Here we are 3 days later and his desk is cleaned off.

He literally just pissed 22 years and a bad rear end pension away. Like Hughes legacy-badass-pension. And he's probably black balled by the government as well.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

mariooncrack posted:

She's a keeper
Holy poo poo what an understatement! I couldn't do it.

Tommychu posted:

I wonder if The Great Chili Debate is a thing in Mexico.
Hahaha what makes you think it's Mexican?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

I don't drink much, if at all now, but I've had 3 glasses of scotch so far and I'm still not Tide drunk.

• Locked thread