Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

TooLShack posted:

I have a driving force pro you can have if you pay for the shipping.

Hell yes I'll take you up on that offer, sending PM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

Cock ring.

395/85/20

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Beat me to it. :respek:

You know you want some Michelin XZLs in 395/85R20 on that ride.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

That's a cute little tire. I need an H54x21.0-24 for mine.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

jamal posted:

How wide are the wheels?

They're 15x8s. Everything I've read so far makes the two sizes out to be basically the same thing? with slightly different tire options?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
225s then if the tire you want is available in that size.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

MrChips posted:

Just in case you guys didn't know already, Better Call Saul is a loving awesome show.

Just finished the pilot. That opening scene in the public defense court was a bit...disturbing. I'm sure it'll be fantastic given the expectation of breaking bad.

Just watching this weeks episode of the walking dead. I swear the zombies move faster than this plot. I'm not hate watching it but I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd like to.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yeah walking dead kind of sucks. I think I missed a whole season somewhere and don't really care about catching up. Better call saul is definitely better than I was expecting though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So, I needed a part to connect a standard <INSERT ANY UJM MAKER> flip-up gas cap to my Royal Enfield, because the Enfield's stock gas cap is poo poo and literally broke apart and half fell-off and half fell-into-my-gas-tank. The thing is, standard Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki gas caps use one central hinge screw, and Enfield uses two. So, I walked outside with a set of calipers, came back inside and dicked around in solidworks for 20 minutes, then moved on to Simplify3D.

The future is now.

It only took 14:09 to print, which is coincidentally the exact length of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1c0exqJ0eQ

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Have any of you guys broke the bead on a garden tractor tire? I bought a set of bar tires instead of turf tires for moms mower (those turfs collect the mud to easy)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Wounded Unicorn posted:

They're 15x8s. Everything I've read so far makes the two sizes out to be basically the same thing? with slightly different tire options?

If you're really asking this I recommend posting it in the stupid questions thread with a lot more information such as your vehicle, what tires you're looking at, what climate you're in, what kind of performance you want, etc.

I put chdk on my 350D but I can't get figure out how to make a bootable CF card with more than 8GB capacity 'cause that's the limit of the camera's built in format utility.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Yeah. Don't remember how I did it, but a bead breaking hammer should do the trick. The bead won't come up over the outside of the rim until you get it broken loose all the way around and the bead pushed into the valley of the wheel most of the way around. Then you can slowly work it over the edge. Tire lube or dish soap will be needed to get it over the edge without shredding it and definitely needed to get the new one on.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Have any of you guys broke the bead on a garden tractor tire? I bought a set of bar tires instead of turf tires for moms mower (those turfs collect the mud to easy)

I have seen people start to drive on the with a car to break beads. I am not sure if it will work for smaller ones, but it does for car tires.

I believe you have the supplies to make this work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSN20W8EZgc

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 18, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh god in gross AI tradition I cut my finger but making a sandwich. However I will not post pics.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Did you lose fingat?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Geirskogul posted:

Did you lose fingat?

Eh, he'll get it back in a day or two.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

jamal posted:

225s then if the tire you want is available in that size.

Echoing this.

Also if I had to guess, you're looking at RS-3s, which run a little wide. If you can fit them I recommend them. Wonder tire.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Geirskogul posted:

Did you lose fingat?

Nah, just cut myself a little. I'm pretty sure Rhyno or 13" have posted much worse. Now I've been glued back together.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Decided i wanted abit more ooomph in my aging mbp (early 2011), went for a 240gb Kingston SSD and 16gb of ram. cloning the drive now and just realized that i have to do it over usb 2...
So Slow.....

i am also enjoying my first day in a while without morphine derivative painkillers... i feel like poo poo

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

I have an 07 GTI with an APR tune, or specifically with the stock-like, 91 octane stage 1 and 93 octane stage 1 tunes available. Yesterday I decided that driving this winter has been lovely and I would bump the power down to stock levels, which was a terrible idea anyway, only to find out I was already on the stock-like tune. I have no idea how long I've been driving around not using the higher power tune but it accounts for my drop in gas mileage and the feeling that I have to push the car harder to maintain highway speeds. Also, since it is drive by wire the pedal response sucks on that stock-like tune which isn't really what you would want in the winter. I feel like a complete moron.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Geirskogul posted:

So, I needed a part to connect a standard <INSERT ANY UJM MAKER> flip-up gas cap to my Royal Enfield, because the Enfield's stock gas cap is poo poo and literally broke apart and half fell-off and half fell-into-my-gas-tank. The thing is, standard Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki gas caps use one central hinge screw, and Enfield uses two. So, I walked outside with a set of calipers, came back inside and dicked around in solidworks for 20 minutes, then moved on to Simplify3D.

The future is now.

It only took 14:09 to print, which is coincidentally the exact length of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1c0exqJ0eQ

Seriously, the future really is now. I'm an engineer and use Solidworks pretty extensively and the idea that I can draw drat near anything and loving 3D-print it out is mind-boggling.

I've used plasma cutters to cut dick-and-balls, but this brings shenanigans to an entirely new level.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

CharlesM posted:

Oh god in gross AI tradition I cut my finger but making a sandwich. However I will not post pics.

I sliced my finger cleaning up a Saturn V I printed on the 3D printer.

Sliced deep enough I think I nicked a tendon.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

Yeah. Don't remember how I did it, but a bead breaking hammer should do the trick. The bead won't come up over the outside of the rim until you get it broken loose all the way around and the bead pushed into the valley of the wheel most of the way around. Then you can slowly work it over the edge. Tire lube or dish soap will be needed to get it over the edge without shredding it and definitely needed to get the new one on.

Holdbrooks posted:

I have seen people start to drive on the with a car to break beads. I am not sure if it will work for smaller ones, but it does for car tires.

I believe you have the supplies to make this work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSN20W8EZgc

Maybe ill just pay the 25 bucks to have the tire shop do it. I was just wanting to do it myself because the tires don't need to be balanced, because, you know the high speed a lawn mower goes.

These ag style tires should be bad rear end, lots of the forums say you don't need to use the diff lock nearly as much.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

CommieGIR posted:

If it's that deep you got to worry about nerve damage. Never had that with any of my cuts and stitches I mentioned before, but it was a possibility the doc mentioned when I sliced the side off a finger tip.
Only never damage I did actually receive was when I dropped a 100kg air con condenser unit on my leg just above my ankle about 9 years ago. No bone broken, but blood pooled internally down to my foot soon after, (I just walked it off :derp: ). But that section of my leg where it hit is numb-ish now.
Only other time I had what I thought was nerve damage was when I had a numb/painful pinky finger that spread to half my ring ringer - just the side closest to the pinky. Thought I had diabetes or something (All my grandparents had it and got a 13y/o niece that had it. I got tested for it and was OK), but after 2-3 years it went normal again :confused:

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 18, 2015

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Maybe ill just pay the 25 bucks to have the tire shop do it. I was just wanting to do it myself because the tires don't need to be balanced, because, you know the high speed a lawn mower goes.

These ag style tires should be bad rear end, lots of the forums say you don't need to use the diff lock nearly as much.

It's really not that bad, took me a couple hours to do four SUV tires last spring and maybe an hour and a half to do a pair of lawn tractor tires, mostly because I had never done it before and was flying blind.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kastein posted:

It's really not that bad, took me a couple hours to do four SUV tires last spring and maybe an hour and a half to do a pair of lawn tractor tires, mostly because I had never done it before and was flying blind.

Ill give it a shot. I just don't want to gently caress up the new tires, but i can do lots of dawn dish soap. Im thinking about going fluid filled too.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

If it starts looking like you are about to tear a chunk off the bead where it is going over the rim, back off and reconsider your approach. You won't hurt anything that way.

Also, if they are tubed tires it matters a whole hell of a lot less. Getting the tube in there and then bringing the second bead over the lip of the rim without tearing or pinching it can be annoying, but isn't that bad if you aren't all thumbs.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
gently caress yes, rallywagon is getting the full poly bushing treatment. Amazon had Prothane 8-2013 kit: http://www.amazon.com/Prothane-8-2013-Red-Total-Kit/dp/B002P8VBRG listed for $73! Right after I bought it went to $234.50. Fuckin deal.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Plowed through the first three episodes of Better Call Saul and it is indeed very good. Dare I say better than Breaking Bad.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Traction control - the quickest way to go nowhere in snow.

:laugh:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

I diced open my left index finger cleaning a knife as a teenager. dude told me not to slip. and I did.

went straight to the bone and hacked everything up. fucker didn't work right for years after that.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Fo3 posted:

Only other time I had what I thought was nerve damage was when I had a numb/painful pinky finger that spread to half my ring ringer - just the side closest to the pinky. Thought I had diabetes or something (All my grandparents had it and got a 13y/o niece that had it. I got tested for it and was OK), but after 2-3 years it went normal again :confused:

That's your ulnar nerve or something like that. I pinched mine and had the same symptoms. It runs down your arm and your elbow/funny bone.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Goober Peas posted:

I'm impressed with the traction control they stick in the FJ Cruiser. Neighbor is a leadfoot and she's one of two vehicles that have been able to make it into the neighborhood since Monday. I'm guessing she has fairly decent all seasons on it. She did nearly end up in a power pole going too fast down the hill though. Other vehicle that's made it in is the Wrangler with chains and a 4wd ATV. Slick enough most cars are going straight into ABS ice panic mode so even that won't save your rear end.

Now we're getting snow on top of the ice layer to make things even more fun. Monday the snow day was nice, Tuesday was ok but now it's just getting annoying. I've cancelled the M5 trip this weekend and I know I won't be able to leave the neighborhood until Saturday afternoon at the earliest when the temp rises and it rains. Don't have anything to do on the E21 other than exhaust but it's going to a shop for that. The car I want to work on is stuck at the end of the driveway :argh:

Going to be a lot of burst pipes and overworked HVAC systems in the next couple days. Today's high is 26 (right now) then it's dropping to below zero until Friday afternoon which is pretty unusual for this area. I have faucets cracked/dripping, gas fireplace on low and space heaters to take some load off the heat pump. Last I heard there were still around 14k people without power in the Knoxville area. We've been lucky so far with no loss of power or water.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Goober Peas posted:

I got a rental Toyota minivan stuck a few years ago because I couldn't find the button to shut off the traction control. Had to put that thing through hell to eventually rock it out. Much later I found the button hiding on the panel underneath the steering wheel when I dropped the keys and had to get my head under there to find them.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

User Error posted:

That's your ulnar nerve or something like that. I pinched mine and had the same symptoms. It runs down your arm and your elbow/funny bone.
Yeah, a 2nd doc said something like that after the fact (when everything was normal but I mentioned it as a previous weird thing). Strange it lasted for years and also the first doc didn't say anything about it or let me know WTF when I was there for a blood test.
E: I thought it might have something to do with the huge tumour I have on the thumb part of the palm from bashing too many engines/gearboxes into place by hand.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 18, 2015

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Hansolio posted:

I got a rental Toyota minivan stuck a few years ago because I couldn't find the button to shut off the traction control. Had to put that thing through hell to eventually rock it out. Much later I found the button hiding on the panel underneath the steering wheel when I dropped the keys and had to get my head under there to find them.
Toyota's traction control is the most annoying poo poo I've ever encountered. Mazda sensibly puts it on a button next to the driver's door.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Ill give it a shot. I just don't want to gently caress up the new tires, but i can do lots of dawn dish soap. Im thinking about going fluid filled too.

You could always get one of those HF tire changers for 40 bucks, kinda wish I would have got one after dealing with tire shops recently. HF has a cheap balancer too, I wonder how good it works.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Plowed through the first three episodes of Better Call Saul and it is indeed very good. Dare I say better than Breaking Bad.

I loved the scene in episode 2 with Tuco freaking out and calling everyone BIZNATCH. Jimmy is such a weird guy, and Bob Odenkirk plays him perfectly.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

angryhampster posted:

I loved the scene in episode 2 with Tuco freaking out and calling everyone BIZNATCH. Jimmy is such a weird guy, and Bob Odenkirk plays him perfectly.

that bone crunching sound tho. Eeeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Too early to tell if it's better but it is starting off a whole lot stronger than Breaking Bad did. I like it a bunch so far.

First three episodes of this season of the Walking Dead were really good then it fell on it's face.

• Locked thread