Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

accidentally did a spendex with all our threads for FY2015, gotta post in the Marines thread till we get more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Cole posted:

I was in the unit that would have pulled the shitter guard.

In fact I was. It was 2am and we were sleeping. Everyone slept in PTs. Dude had to piss so he went outside of the tent WITHOUT FULL KIT to take a 15 second piss and him and his battle buddy had to split night shift shitter guard in full kit for the rest of our jrtc rotation.

These stories are always so weird to me, we were in a 6 man team 10 km away from the airfield and were pretty much on an extended camping trip. No kit, PC caps on, drinking Squincher (or whatever that lovely gatorade powder they gave away there was called) by the 5 gallon jug, having the OCs bring us tobacco and MREs, dodging Geronimo helicopters, it was sweet.

Even the OCs said we could do pretty much whatever we wanted because they knew redfor was absolutely nowhere near where we were nor were they ever coming, we could tell they were bored out of their minds and half the time weren't even ever there.

Were people like, making GBS threads in the showers? Like just walking into the shower, dropping their pants, and squatting down delivering a nice heaping pile of doo-doo right there in the shower? Were there no portashitters? Why? Why would someone poo poo in the shower, a thing that provides them a comfort from home? It would be like making GBS threads in the oven of an MKT, what is going through someone's mind when they literally poo poo where they eat?

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 7, 2015

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

LeoMarr posted:

So I decided to go see a recruiter about reenlisting, no loving applebees for free? This is bullshit

:smug: suuuure we can get you an 18x contract! You'll have to do a couple weeks of 11b osut then you're off airborne/ air assault!
:colbert: how many weeks exactly?
:smug: well... Its usually a few but we cant say for certain

hahahahahaha you have a wonderful day Sarnt

shoulda went in saying "well I had a few ideas, either I want to be a fueler, veterinary worker, switchboard operator, or 18X"

What's a day like as a counterintelligence agent? That job always sounded cool as gently caress on paper, wear civilian clothes and get a fancy badge to flash around.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

How long do army qualifications/schools/clearances last for once you get out anyway? Say if I was airborne qualified at what point would I not be able to reenlist and wear the badge?

• Locked thread