Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fucitol posted:

gently caress you if you're still in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I hate when people steal my valor.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Aranan posted:

At JRTC. Someone is sneaking off to poop in the shower trailers on the FOB. We apparently are close to having 24/7 shower guards.

Army poop story unfolding as we speak.

:stare:

I'm having bullshit flashbacks.

gently caress you if you're still in!

:2bong::420:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Never start a story with "In basic".

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

7777777 posted:

gently caress the army

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Suntan Boy posted:

The truest words I've ever heard were said to me by a retired army doctor: "The Army produces a lot of outstanding administrators, but very few good leaders."

All the people that I've ever talked to that missed the military, but can't explain why, fall into two categories: they miss the camaraderie, or they miss the easy paycheck. There's nothing quite like either on the outside.

The thing is, unless you truly enjoy being treated like a child, you don't really miss The Army. At some point in your adult life, it should occur to you that having another grown adult very literally screaming in your face, pushing you to physical injury, and threatening your paycheck for smudged shoes or other people's hosed up life choices shouldn't be acceptable. On top of that, the crucible of the war is pretty much gone. The only hardships left to bring people together are all artificial, manufactured specifically for that purpose, or for a bullet point somewhere. Self-interest is the name of the game now.

If you're gone, stay gone; I promise it's not what you remember or want. Peacetime Army is the worst thing you could inflict upon yourself.

Qft

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The Rat posted:

I thought Generation Kill was pretty decent.

I believe you mean, loving badass.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Sarnt is a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I give N4i all of the cr sit for this emote being used

• Locked thread