Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Rex "CUTTING EDGE" Stuart - FP 5/5

quote:

High Concept: Jobber 4 Life
Trouble: Contracted to Lose
Sponsor: Undine Contractors: For Every Problem, A Solution
Additional: Man of a Thousand Faces
Additional: Veteran of the Field

Approaches:
+3: Flashy
+2: Clever, Careful
+1: Quick, Forceful
+0: Sneaky

Stunts:
Because I Have been At This Business For A Long Time, I get a +2 to Flashily create an Advantage by impressing the crowd
Because I Know How To Lose Without Being Hurt, once per game session I can put myself out of danger and make it look awesome.
Because Anybody who is Anybody In the Business Knows Me, I get a +2 to Cleverly overcome troublesome social situations involving my job.

A team! Rex could not remember the last time he was in a team. He DID remember what had happened to those poor shucks. Well, these guys were…

Mr. de Winder had enough gear on him to make just about anything he had ever worn look like a toy. Mortimer and Dead Castle were crazy bastards. As for Turbo? Now that was a guy that knew how to work a crowd!

So, they were more promising than the last guys.

He is already geared up, of course. The heavy helmet going over his head and down his back covered most of his facial features, only really revealing his mouth (or rather, his teeth. Never could get used to those kinds of implants). His arms had been replaced by two large, wicked claws (From Undine Contractors: cut open reinforced steel as if it were paper!). If it wasn't for the harness going around his back and reinforcing his legs, he likely wouldn't be able to stand up!

But stand up he does, roaring to the sky as Casey addressed them.

"TINY PERSON!" he bellows, voice ringing surprisingly clear despite the mouth implants. "CUTTING EDGE will chop them up! Into tiny itty bitty pieces! And then! And then he will SHIP those itty bitty pieces back to their little island… in separate matchboxes!"

He roars again, flailing at his crew in a well rehearsed choreography that sends them all scattering back.

Heh. Dumb brutes never go out of style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Rex "CUTTING EDGE" Stuart - FP 5/5

Cutting Edge plods out heavily of their starting zone, well behind the others. He roars at the crowd at large, taking a few moments to raise his arms to the sky, and slashing his claws together, causing a shower of sparks all around him, even as the sound of the claws impacting each other sound loud and clear... especially to those in the front seats! (getting hit by a stray spark is in fact just in part of the EXPERIENCE).

With that done, he growls, looking around for the enemies that clearly aren't there. Finally making a decition, he charges off to the left-- after all, Mr. de Winter has the right covered, and it's never smart to get in the way of a multimillionare in a power suit.

---

[url=http://orokos.com/roll/253229]4dF+5: 3: Flashily creating an advantage+impressing the crowd stunt: advantage is All Eyes On Me

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Rex "CUTTING EDGE" Stuart - FP 4/5

Guns. Long range guns. The first rule is to deny their advantage, either by getting somewhere where they cannot hit you or close the distance as fast as you can.

Oh, also, not get shot.

The arrangement of the arena doesn't really help with the getting away part, so closing the distance is the best option.

So CUTTING EDGE rips out a piece of the wall with his claws, holding it in front of him as he advances. It doesn't work QUITE the way he hopes, for the chunk he rips off is not as large as he needs to... but it's more interesting for the audience!

---

Clevelry denying an advantage: 4dF+2=1 Ouch! Burning a FP to call up Veteran of The Fields to raise that to +3 at least. And... can I give Mr. Finch my All Eyes On Me to help with his shanking?

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Rex "CUTTING EDGE" Stuart - FP 2/5

"... Ah, crud."

Rex doesn't get to mutter much more than that before she's being tossed around like a ragdoll. All the padding in the world couldn't make this hurt less.

"Ow!*WHAM* --sonova *WHAM* --stupid *WHAM* --freak-- *WHAT* --botyou--*WHAM*"

Finally, Rex simply does the first thing that comes to mind and grips the closest object he can. It turns out to be one of the walls from the arena. The powerful claws do just as advertized, and rip the reinforced steel right off the ground, leaving him gripping the large block in his hands.

As the Chuggernaut swings him one more time, Rex swings in turn, to SMASH the former wall against the robot's head mid swing.

4dF+1: 4 Forcefully attacking the robot to FEED IT SOME METAL.

Burning two FPs to invoke Undine Contractors: For Every Problem, A Solution and Veteran of the Field to make it a +8 :black101:

• Locked thread