Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Reminder that Jon Jones got a slap on the wrist, if you want to call it that, for snorting lines in the weeks leading up to his fight and Nick Diaz will face a year because he smoked a joint 7-10 days before his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Weidman's MMA Hour interview sounds awesome. I haven't been able to listen to it but the write up is here:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/3/7967577/chris-weidman-pissed-off-at-mental-midget-vitor-belfort-s-response-to

You still there P-to-the-Y?
Funny vitor stuff but he fucks up by even acknowledging the worst of internet comments with specific reference. He must train disciprine to not care

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

shout out to the dude who spotted syringes at silva's house on the brazilian cribs. he was right all along, despite a million sherdogs and undergrounds making GBS threads on him.

also, didn't they recently raise the amount of weed metabolytes allowed? nick is the best.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Ty1990 posted:

Reminder that Jon Jones got a slap on the wrist, if you want to call it that, for snorting lines in the weeks leading up to his fight and Nick Diaz will face a year because he smoked a joint 7-10 days before his.

We have to set an example so people don't contribute to Rosenthal's recidivism

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

freud mayweather posted:

shout out to the dude who spotted syringes at silva's house on the brazilian cribs. he was right all along, despite a million sherdogs and undergrounds making GBS threads on him.

If he's been juicing this entire time then he really needs to fight Bisping before retiring

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

EmmyOk posted:

Demetrious Johnson revealed to be 4 year old on hormone injections
Rumble Johnson discovered to be taking anti-grav pills
John Jones is clean

Are all things I expect to depress me further in the future

I've asked this before because we get tested in fencing too. Apparently it can give you a really good sense of grip in your hands, and they used wrestling as an example of it being good for similar reasons.

Huh! The more you know.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
This has been the most MMA month ever.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Let me be the first to say: LMAO

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Clean Fighters In The UFC:

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I guess Chael did show up for the BBQ after all

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

vainman posted:

lol

I wonder how big Dana will get from all the stress eating this will cause

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I mean we all knew Nick was going to fail his test. That doesn't surprise me.

Anderson failing does, but at least it happened after he was champion and after that horrific injury. I don't fault him if the drug he tested for isn't an Alistair-inspired concoction.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

vainman posted:

hahaha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

I mean we all knew Nick was going to fail his test. That doesn't surprise me.

Anderson failing does, but at least it happened after he was champion and after that horrific injury. I don't fault him if the drug he tested for isn't an Alistair-inspired concoction.

drostanolone is an anabolic steroid

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
this is the greatest year

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The greatest tragedy is that this didn't happen before the new thread was named, though Blackzilian History Month is great.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Why did the commission let him fight if he failed the pre-fight test? :stare:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Can you even blame Diaz? :shrug:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This is only going to give GSP another reason to keep ducking Anderson.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Clean Fighters In The UFC:

The only people you can figure have a real shot at being clean are the guys that consistently take fights on short notice, which amusingly means Cerrone is one of the least likely fighters to be taking PEDs

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

The only people you can figure have a real shot at being clean are the guys that consistently take fights on short notice, which amusingly means Cerrone is one of the least likely fighters to be taking PEDs

not in the ufc anymore but i'm pretty sure george is clean

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Miching Mallecho posted:

Why did the commission let him fight if he failed the pre-fight test? :stare:

The independent lab that did the test only sent them the result on Tuesday. A full article is up now

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/anderson-silva--nick-diaz-both-fail-drug-screens-020257874.html

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Diaz did win 183. :smug:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

vainman posted:

E: Also, GSP was right.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 4, 2015

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

loving LOL

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
MMA really is the best sport. Nick and Anderson put on the best show.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

The coming weeks are going to be glorious for the 'bu-bu-bu-but Jones snorted blow!' comments by everyone after the UFC & SAC drop the hammer on Diaz. I'm firmly on team Jon Jones Is The Worst & Legalize Weed, Dude but it's going to be insufferable.

Is it possible the pre-fight steroid was prescribed to Silva for his leg? Steroids are commonly prescribed after surgeries. I mean it's a longshot but I bet it will be his go-to excuse.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
lmao he got popped twice https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/562798963888517120

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
My God this is insane.

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?
I can't stop laughing

Never change, Nick

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I dare anyone to say this isn't the best loving sport

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Big John McCarthy tests positive for quaaludes

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

BREAKING -- this thread has tested positive for badpostazone

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
A SECOND POSITIVE TEST HAS HIT THE SPIDER!

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I hope Silva also tests positive for weed

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Other drug was Androsterone.

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?
all this aside I just really want to see what, if anything, GSP has to say about Anderson popping

e: haha Nick shared the story of Silva getting popped on his FB fan page

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sadly instead of a funny excuse it's just gonna be "yeah I broke my leg, sorry"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

According to google the second thing he popped for was banned in 2005, maybe that was just in the states though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Anderson Silva tested positive for Drostanolone metabolites in a Jan. 9 out-of-competition drug test, but traces of the banned substance Androsterone were also found within the legendary champion's system.

• Locked thread