Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

I'll watch almost anything. I work from home and spend 8 hours a day typing on my computer so I go through a lot of movies and bad TV shows.

I haven't seen anything recently that I could recommend. For example, I watched Swelter which was a low-budget and really bad retelling of the good, the bad, and the ugly in the modern day. I only watched it because someone famous was in it, but now I can't remember who it was because the movie was so bad.

Anyway I'll watch pretty much anything you can recommend and that I can find on the internet, and then I'll let you know what I thought. Ya all have good taste in music, so, maybe movies too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Psychosis

Submarine(Made in 2010, on netflix) is rather good.

Wertjoe

Samurai Cop

Stormyish

Black Dynamite

deep dish peat moss

Miss Psychosis posted:

Submarine(Made in 2010, on netflix) is rather good.

Yeah, I liked it. I don't really care what anyone says about Ben Stiller, he's a great producer and always picks good projects. There are too many indie romantic comedies in the world but Submarine actually managed to remain believable and didn't feel like a hollywood movie. And it was directed by the guy from The IT Crowd which is funny to me.

the unabonger
I watched whiplash recently, and that was suuuuuuuper good imo
it also had a brilliant soundtrack, but then again, what kind of movie about jazz would it be if it didnt have a good soundtrack

Al Borland

by XyloJW
Predator.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

deep dish peat moss

Wertjoe posted:

Samurai Cop

ok, I'm watching this now. I'll let you know what I thought in a couple hours. So far: The music is awesome.

Stormyish

The Green Mile

Full-Bodied Flavor

if you haven't seen Amadeus you should watch it, most people know about it but think it will be a boring opera story so never bother, but it's really funny and good.

Wertjoe

Funnypost Collabo posted:

ok, I'm watching this now. I'll let you know what I thought in a couple hours. So far: The music is awesome.

Wertjoe fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 5, 2015

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Full-Bodied Flavor posted:

if you haven't seen Amadeus you should watch it, most people know about it but think it will be a boring opera story so never bother, but it's really funny and good.

if you have seen it you should rewatch it.

----------------

Piso Mojado

Full-Bodied Flavor posted:

beer pal

last i saw was under the skin. not fully sure how i feel about it, seems like it was trying to make a big point about gender relations but i didnt quite get it. probaby gotta watch it again. i loved some of the cg scenes though, and the soundtrack was great. i love mica levi

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Piso Mojado

I watched Love and Basketball the other day. It was pretty good.

beer pal

The Fresh Prince posted:

it also had a brilliant soundtrack, but then again, what kind of movie about jazz would it be if it didnt have a good soundtrack

i want to see that.

Al Borland

by XyloJW
That movie we saw strictly ballroom dancing was pretty good.

----------------

deep dish peat moss

I really like Samurai Cop so far, but I'm only 10 minutes in. I mean of course I couldn't call it a good movie, but feels like the kind of movie that would be on TV inside the world of another movie. It wouldn't be at all out of place if there was like, a scene of a character watching this movie in Pulp Fiction or something. It's the platonic ideal of a bad action movie and it's very relaxing to have on in the background. The music is great too. Lots of funny looking people in it is always a plus.

deep dish peat moss

I also appreciate the fact that there's such poorly lip-synched dubbing in a movie that was originally shot in English.

Wertjoe

Samurai Cop only gets better too. It takes a certain kind of person to appreciate a movie that terrible so I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Harime Nui

The New Insincerity
I have but I don't want to re-open another stupid debate about the movies I like sorry.

deep dish peat moss

Check it out, it's an 80s Action Movie version of BJ Novak

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 5, 2015

Wertjoe

Harime Nui posted:

I have but I don't want to re-open another stupid debate about the movies I like sorry.

:justpost:

i am he

lol

Wertjoe

Oh buddy you are just soooo close...

the unabonger

beer pal posted:

i want to see that.

i highly recommend you go see it.

beer pal

it played at a film fest here last year but i was on shift :crying:

deep dish peat moss

I like everything about this movie except all of the awkward flirting.

deep dish peat moss

Oh man. When the guy went under the fence and the other guy asked "Why did you come under?" and the first guy said "Cuz I'm an undercover cop." completely justified anything that was wrong with this movie before. The delivery was flawless.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The Fall with Gilllian Anderson is on Netflix and it's really good

deep dish peat moss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpRCpb9QHAg

deep dish peat moss

Samurai Cop was a good background movie for an hour and a half. I don't know what else to say about it that I haven't already said.

deep dish peat moss

Stormyish posted:

Black Dynamite

My favorite part of this movie is that I've watched it multiple times and catch new jokes every time. Last time I watched it I laughed really hard at something during the fight against the old kung fu master on the island toward the end but I can't remember what it was now :-/

deep dish peat moss

Oh yeah, it was "I threw that before I came in here"

deep dish peat moss

The Fresh Prince posted:

I'm watching this now. I've never heard of it before but JK Simmons is cool as heck

Wertjoe

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cI2sgH4EAPE

Finger Prince

I watched a live action version of Lupin III on an airplane. It was...

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
"For No Good Reason" - biographical documentary about Ralph Steadman where Johnny Depp goes and hangs with him and they chat about his time with Hunter S. Thompson, his artwork, his life etc etc http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2112152/

"Filth" surreal crime comedy about a crooked scottish policeman http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1450321/?ref_=nv_sr_1

"Survive Style 5+" - very odd / surreal / generally wacky 'multiple stories intertwined' Korean comedy / fantasy / mystery / romance http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430651/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW
The Grand Budapest was a nice movie. I enjoyed it, wouldn't say it was film of the year, but it was good. A bit of comedy, romance, friendship, and sadness.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Al Borland posted:

The Grand Budapest was a nice movie. I enjoyed it, wouldn't say it was film of the year, but it was good. A bit of comedy, romance, friendship, and sadness.

I liked it but I definitely didn't think it was Wes Anderson's best like a lot of people I heard talking about it. The skiing shots were lovely and it was endearing. I don't know. I feel like he's been all downhill since Darjeeling, which was my fav.

• Locked thread