Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+1.10

notable stuff:
Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now cause enemies to inflict more damage to the player.
White phantoms will remain in other players’ worlds for longer periods of time.
Players may now choose to cancel out the effect of the Human Effigy at bonfires.
Connecting with other players has been made "easier" in general (no clue what this means)

Much better rewards for PvP. killing players that invade you from just about any covenant will give you smooth stones, ores, effigies, etc., and killing players while invading as any covenant will get you similar rewards, so there is actually a reason to invade as not-a-bellkeeper, and you get something nice for killing invaders.

choosing bonfire warppoints will also highlight the top 3 areas for you to connect with other players for your soul memory, and there was a ring added that disables soul collection online so that you don't inflate your SM by helping people/invading.

ill take any reason to play through this game again so im pretty excited to start a new character tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uhhh yeah. Thanks for the heads up on this 3 year old game brother. Was really wondering to myself, Man I wonder when their gonna get that boss encounter in this game for complete rear end clowns.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Highlighting the top 3 bonfires for pvp is very nito. I just finished the 4 kings in my pyromancer darksouls1 playthrough. I'm excited to try the new features in 2 as soon as my 1 game is done. I'm not that worried about having to pay for the graphics and player count upgrade because by the time I want to do a 4th runthrough of 2 the dx11 version will be cheap cheap cheap.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Wormskull posted:

Uhhh yeah. Thanks for the heads up on this 3 year old game brother. Was really wondering to myself, Man I wonder when their gonna get that boss encounter in this game for complete rear end clowns.

"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Falsum posted:

"your gay haha"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Falsum posted:

"I let british fucktards run my mouth."

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Seriously though, the game described in the OP is garbage.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+1.10

notable stuff:
Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now cause enemies to inflict more damage to the player.
White phantoms will remain in other players’ worlds for longer periods of time.
Players may now choose to cancel out the effect of the Human Effigy at bonfires.
Connecting with other players has been made "easier" in general (no clue what this means)

Much better rewards for PvP. killing players that invade you from just about any covenant will give you smooth stones, ores, effigies, etc., and killing players while invading as any covenant will get you similar rewards, so there is actually a reason to invade as not-a-bellkeeper, and you get something nice for killing invaders.

choosing bonfire warppoints will also highlight the top 3 areas for you to connect with other players for your soul memory, and there was a ring added that disables soul collection online so that you don't inflate your SM by helping people/invading.

ill take any reason to play through this game again so im pretty excited to start a new character tomorrow.

this looks good but why the gently caress don't they just remove soul memory entirely or at least make it so that it doesn't add to SM when you're a phantom? why the gently caress make a stupid ring for this purpose alone? loving idiotic

Champ Baldoon
Nov 22, 2012

dont let me get in my zone
Gonna try to get the alternate ending this weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It's a one year old game, don't troll.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
cool, im kinda over dark souls 2, but this is a nice treat for the people that still care.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I am working on getting all the achievements in thus game so the uptick in online players is helpful.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish all the good patches and DLC came out when I was still playing this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I wish all the good patches and DLC came out when I was still playing this.

I don't because now I can play it again and actually get to see all the dlc and new mechanics, so it's like a whole new experience

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
dark souls 2 released in 2014, it seems much longer than that.

please post a video of your first attempt at the new boss op tia

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Drew Curtis FARK Souls 2

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Bolverkur posted:

this looks good but why the gently caress don't they just remove soul memory entirely or at least make it so that it doesn't add to SM when you're a phantom? why the gently caress make a stupid ring for this purpose alone? loving idiotic

Soul memory is an extremely important measure of progress that allows you to actively play with people who are not way above your level until you get into the 12m-infinity bracket

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bolverkur posted:

the whole soul memory system is terrible in general but thankfully it is a joke to edit your SM value to play with whoever you want

hubris.height posted:

dark souls 2 released in 2014, it seems much longer than that.

please post a video of your first attempt at the new boss op tia

i'll make a youtube account for a totally cool Let's Play where i make snarky comments and talk about gamergate

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
no don't do that

i just want to see how long your first death to the final boss takes, this could be record breaking stuff

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
For my next lp I'm going to chug 80 proof tequila and beat dark souls 2 in one sitting unless i pass out.

I've got you covered Bob

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

For my next lp I'm going to chug 80 proof tequila and beat dark souls 2 in one sitting unless i pass out.

I've got you covered Bob

drunk/substance abusing LPs are honestly pretty great

i cant remember where the video is now but i watched a dude play brood war on shrooms and that was a treat

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I've got you covered Bob

"Lol. Deriving pleasure from poisonous substances ftmfw." <- What I'd say if I weren't an intelligent, sober gamer.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Lmao

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

"Lol. Deriving pleasure from poisonous substances ftmfw." <- What I'd say if I weren't an intelligent, sober gamer.

I've just given karma and sent you some reddit gold

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Experience Your Nightmare Life Raw And Become A Better Gamer For It.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Wormskull posted:

please author a book, WS. I think it'd be good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg3vnui8OyQ heres a short vid vaatividya made on some of the new stuff in the update

i find him to be really annoying but some of the new enemy placement is cool

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg3vnui8OyQ heres a short vid vaatividya made on some of the new stuff in the update

i find him to be really annoying but some of the new enemy placement is cool

seems pretty rad, and it looks like they've given more thought to enemy placement this time. hopefully a lot of it is really tricky :darksouls: kinda poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is the new enemy placement only in ng+ or is it just changes to the base game

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of, did they add the hawk masters into the first playthrough? That would be neat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The poster above me has the most abhorrent avatar I have ever seen.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

its bad but ive definitely seen worse

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im honestly confused if this is all part of the big patch or if you actually need to buy another version of the game. i read somewhere it was free for PC owners but i dont know

e: the enemy placement and new lighting i mean, the stuff in the OP is definitely in

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 5, 2015

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The new DX11 stuff, new enemy placement, and increased multiplayer size are all part of a paid upgrade/the new version. I think everything else is in the patch for everyone.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Contest Winner posted:

The new DX11 stuff, new enemy placement, and increased multiplayer size are all part of a paid upgrade/the new version. I think everything else is in the patch for everyone.

so why the hell cant i buy it

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Bobnumerotres posted:

so why the hell cant i buy it

I think it's out in april?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Liquid Penguins posted:

I think it's out in april?

*kills myself*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

i played this earlier and i was very surprised by the gross guy jumping out of a bonfire at me.

• Locked thread