Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
So does 100ft Robot Gold unthrone Roundabout for the gooniest game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

VoidBurger posted:

Sorry to bump the thread without those last couple of supplemental videos, but there is other very exciting VoidBurger news I thought some of you may be interested in! I'm in a game! I voice acted the character Aveline (opposite Brad Muir) in 100 Foot Robot Golf, which is out today on PSN! Maybe check it out! Be amazed as I struggle to praise a dog for 20 whole seconds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJQjvZwvP0
You can hear me groaning at the bad pun at the end of this trailer, even! Wow!

Sounds fun. Think I'll check it out.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's super cool, VB, congratulations! Were you approached or did you submit an audition to do the voice?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Who What Now posted:

That's super cool, VB, congratulations! Were you approached or did you submit an audition to do the voice?

My question as well.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Who What Now posted:

Nah, Panzer just approached me and asked if I was interested in doing a voice in their game and I was like "YEP." cause Roundabout was real good and I regretted not doing pedestrian audio for that.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Found this in the creepy images thread and thought it belongs in here just as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWXnt2Z2D1E

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Lurking Haro posted:

Found this in the creepy images thread and thought it belongs in here just as much.

This is a pro-click but why did I watch it this late at night gently caress gently caress

gently caress

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?

Lurking Haro posted:

Yo this was really cool. If, heaven forbid, another Silent Hill movie ever gets greenlit I hope they get whoever made this on board.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
HEY! It's a real-deal thread update! We talked over the alternate endings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxEiyiBnKBU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hee hee hee.

In our family, when I was a kid we had a small friendly Cocker Spaniel. He was a floppy-eared lick monster who loved us very dearly.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

aaaaaaaarrgh the hallway conversation before the boss fight, you forgooooooooooot

Er, sorry. It's also very natural for first time players to not rush through that hallway so they can hear the whole thing and thus tip their ending accordingly. If you're trying to get one of the other endings you need to rush through, as you demonstrated quite handily... how long ago was the last update?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh, hey, I was the one who asked if Mary spawned the moths out of her vagina. Thanks for clearing that up, I watched the video on my phone and it wasn't very clear. I thought maybe there was some birthing symbolism too it? :shrug:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Who What Now posted:

Oh, hey, I was the one who asked if Mary spawned the moths out of her vagina. Thanks for clearing that up, I watched the video on my phone and it wasn't very clear. I thought maybe there was some birthing symbolism too it? :shrug:

If the moths are coming out of her abdomen I suppose you could make some connection to birth by caesarian section. But then you're dangerously close to talking about circumcision... Also I don't think birth has been a big theme of the game.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

White Coke posted:

But then you're dangerously close to talking about circumcision...

Get out of here AlexShepherd!

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
I think you were thinking of pumice, Bob, not obsidian. My old man kept a chunk of it next to our family fireplace for no reason other than to have it. Very flaky thing that would crumble with a little pressure from your finger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumice

On dogs, I really wish you encountered a lot more behaved ones, Burg. A lot of it comes down to the temperament of the breed and how much attention the owner will put into raising them. My mother was super weary of pit bulls because of the whole bite myth, but literally every one I've ever come across was the sweetest and calmest canine I've met.

But yeah, corgis are still the best and I won't hear otherwise.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

My neighbor had a Shiba, and if you scratched him in the right spot for a while he'd relax so much his tail would uncurl.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I think I might have got the Maria ending my first time through, because I vaguely remember checking on Maria a lot in the hospital (if for no other reason than because I was a bit lost and trying to work out what I was supposed to do).

But then I also remember that shot of James walking with someone (in my mixed up memories it was Maria, not Laura) through the cemetery, so maybe I just got Leave like most people.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Here's my doggo. Sadly, he's a little bundle of nerves a lot of the time, but once he warms up to people he really loves getting pets.

Thanks for all the cool videos Burger'n'Bob!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
one thing you guys were forgetting when talking about the numbers for those SH movies is hollywood accounting. hollywood studios are really, really good at pushing down the publishable profits for a movie in order to reduce what they have to pay out to actors, directors, writers, and so on as royalties. just because the publicly published numbers show the films taking a lost domestically doesn't mean that the studio actually took a loss on it domestically. just that they cooked the books that way so they could pay everyone less.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Please please PLEASE do a Rifftrax of Silent Hill Revelation 3D. It lends itself SO much to being made fun of and you both did so well with the first film!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I really adored Firewatch until the ending. The whole "nope it was all a lie!" just kinda soured the whole thing on me. I get that's the point, but... also the point sucks and I hate it, and just makes me feel like all that time investigating was wasted. Plus we didn't even watch for fires right and the drat park burned down. They didn't even let us have that success. Just make it about Henry investigating this weird person stalking the park or something, don't bring the Metal Gear twists into it just to go "lol jk go away" about it an hour later. :( It was still worth the price of admission though, and people refunding it because it's short are pretty dang rude.

Soma was excellent all the way through though.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I have a love hate relationship with soma. On one hand, the world, atmosphere, sound design and storytelling are all really excellent. On the other hand, it's haunted with some jank enemy AI and the last two enemy encounters are aggravating at best and infuriating at their worst. I plan on playing through it again with a mod that disables enemy aggression but leaves them in the game to see what it's like, the people who talked about the mod on Reddit seemed very pleased with the experience but I will have to see.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

I forgot to say this when I faved it on twitter but: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
It's the FINAL UPDATE!! Woo! Thanks so much for watching this thing for so long! The next one will not take this long, I swear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eokc3iuMAZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPpqpGc5s-Y

Huge thanks to Kamoc for going along for the ride :) You da best!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

VB, Kamoc, thank you so much for all your hard work on this LP! It was a labor of love and you clearly labored a LOT.

Treat yourself to something. I dunno. Ice cream.

Hevo
Jul 8, 2015

Haven't posted here, but I've followed the LP for the near two years (holy heck!) that it's been going. Thank you both for this! You've put a lot of effort and care into this, and it clearly shows.

And yeah, have a sandwich or something nice.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Ernest in the HD collection actually IS voiced by Knuckles the Echidna (Travis Willingham).

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"There we go, Dad's gift is hidden! Now to get out of the attic an--" --Amy

purple_sammich
Feb 3, 2010
Thank y'all for such an amazing LP! You're my favorite LPer, VB, and you honestly never disappoint. Definitely looking forward to SH3! :)

purple_sammich fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 26, 2016

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Wiseblood posted:

Ernest in the HD collection actually IS voiced by Knuckles the Echidna (Travis Willingham).

SHUT THE HECK UP, WHAT

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Hooray! Thanks so much for this VB, especially for doing two versions of the LP! I really enjoy watching both, and the nerd commentary videos are nice to have on in the background too when I'm working.

I'm really stoked for Silent Hill 3, it's the last one in the series my Mom and I played through together before I went to college and I remember we struggled for awhile on the infamous Shakespeare puzzle because we were badasses idiots and played it on hard.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

VoidBurger posted:

SHUT THE HECK UP, WHAT

Silent the Hillhog

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

It's a Thanksgiving miracle! I'm so happy. Hope that last bit about revamping how you do LPs doesn't mean we have a long wait before the next Silent Hill LP.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Silent the Hillhog

Silent Hill Zone, Act 2

Fang Blade Havoc
Jun 8, 2011

Luke what are you doing, stop that
In the videos you guys mention Puzzle Difficulty level for Born from a Wish, but there actually isn't an option to select it -- you only pick Action Difficulty (as seen at the start of the video). I think that rotate the placards puzzle is the only one in Born from a Wish, and that kind of abstraction is just harder for some people than others (I, for instance, tend to just look up the answer for that kind of thing, or like rotate the spike gates in Silent Hill 1, because I just can't make my brain adjust to how it'd work spatially)

But that nonsense aside! Thanks for the LP, it's always real cool to dive back into SH2 and pick all the pieces apart and just get your hands dirty overthinking things. I'm still excited over how cool it was to have Jeremy Blaustein guesting, haha. Best of luck ironing out the technical nonsense for the next one!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Congratulations, VB and Bob! Thank you guys for all your hard work and all the computers you sacrificed!

Special thanks to AlexShepard for reminding me that, indeed, The Internet Makes You Stupid.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Fang Blade Havoc posted:

In the videos you guys mention Puzzle Difficulty level for Born from a Wish, but there actually isn't an option to select it -- you only pick Action Difficulty (as seen at the start of the video).
Whoops! There's only so much knowledge I can fit in my noggin without getting some poo poo scrambled :(

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's
Woo! Thanks for all the hard work you put into the LP. I know you've dealt with your share of technical difficulties so thank you for not doing what many would do and going "lol hey guys, hit by the LP curse. Cancelling it now because I don't wanna do it all over!". I enjoyed the discussion on symbolism you and Bob have and i'm looking forward to SH3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure I haven't played Born From a Wish since SH2 first came out on PC. I'd remembered there being a guy behind a door that you never see (but forgot that he was a ghost dad), and something about a fireplace... but that was it. Turns out I forgot it all because nothing much happens, what does happen is mostly unrelated to James/Maria, and it is all pretty boring anyway!

But thanks for a great LP! For what it's worth I did always watch the subbed version and then the nerd commentary version, in that order, for basically the reasons you said in the video. Atmosphere then jokes insightful commentary.

Looking forward to SH3.

• Locked thread