Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

I have been replaying GTA IV and I got home from work tonight and for reasons unknown my 360 is refusing to recognize the disk as being in the machine :iiam:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

it is not og, but I'd be damned if I could tell you which sub model it is. it is not red ringing, and my disk looks like new. It is having trouble ejecting the disk tray, and I've noticed since awakening it from hibernation that when I boot it up I need to open and close the tray for it to recognize the disk. which seems odd, I'm pretty sure it used to recognize a loaded disk and you could just click the game with the controller.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Ohtori Akio posted:

Nintendo, hire this man.

Ass-penny

funny you mentioned Vampire Survivors, I played that the week of thanksgiving and haven't touched it since. independent of your posting I played that tonight and I think it got it's hooks in me again.

Ass-penny

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, you can go beyond 30 minutes? :psyduck:

And here I was happy to just beat the stages normally. How does this work? How do you survive Death? And whatever comes afterwards I guess??

I was just assuming there is a longer stage I haven't gotten to yet.

Ass-penny

I'm playing Shadow of War and there's this orc with an ability called no chance. typically when you are about to die you get a prompt to hit one of the buttons and you parry the last blow, or dodge or something, but this guy just kills you with no last chance. he gains a level every time he kills me, and is no level 28 to my 10 lol, I am never going to get that guy.

Ass-penny

Heather Papps posted:

i don't think a written video game plot has ever made me hate a digital character as much as i hated this one orc who kept being necromanced or whatever.

yeah that's real. I also was surprised no one else ever adopted the nemesis system, it is such an interesting idea.

Ass-penny

imagining it fallout game where instead of endless, nameless raiders, you kill the same dozen or so repeatedly and their names change slightly and they are held together with a rapidly increasing amount of hardware.

Ass-penny

Age of Empires 2 and Genghis Khan's horde is just one deathless horse archer

Ass-penny

Ohtori Akio posted:

I never harvested a moon so I guess that's why I've never given it a shot.

I never Harvest Moon'd but Stardew Valley is good, even tho your grandfather (Santa Claus) fakes his own death at the beginning so he can criticize how you run his farm years later

Ass-penny

like ten years ago I played D&D with some dudes who played Dwarf Fortress. "a dwarf surrounded by dwarves," followed by laughing. this is all I have ever known of the game and in spite of positive reviews I will never play it. thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Ass-penny

Sarah Cenia posted:

stardew valley nails the realism of being too tired and calling it a day at 2PM

:hmmyes:

Ass-penny

I'm about 15 levels into a Diablo 3 character, I haven't played all the classes yet so seeing what the crusader is about.

tonight I'm picking up my fifth (I think) play of Disco Elysium after a pretty good break from it. was trying to get torque dork to trigger but I must have missed one of the dialogue ques at some point. I need to stop playing this when I'm drinking. Still going to try and get the ultra liberal spirit quest so I'll keep rolling with this file.

Ass-penny

pouring one out for the machine gun

Ass-penny

for sale: machine gun. never fired.

Ass-penny

I played New N Tasty all day and almost rescued all the mudokons.

Ass-penny

Bobby Deluxe posted:

all character creation things should have a mode where you can test out your creation in a couple of animations in different lighting, so you do not start the game and have to watch the opening cutscene only to find out your person looks like nigel thornberry again

stop giving characters mustaches op

Ass-penny

Bobby Deluxe posted:

subtitles especially, give me the subtitle options before the intro cutscene if you expect me to pay any attention to what the little men are saying

that's real

Ass-penny

I like my y axis like I like my coffee, black, and not inverted. (unless I'm tipping it in my mouth)

Ass-penny

the y axis can have like a quart turn, but not a full inversion, as a treat

Ass-penny

Bobby Deluxe posted:

my wife and i are playing stanley parable ultra deluxe

that sure is some extra content they added

I haven't even heard of this game, what is it like? also the extra content sounds not great lol

I haven't played a game (video or otherwise) since Monday because work has been kicking my rear end this week.

Ass-penny

Saoshyant posted:

What are you on about, don't be sill--

:vince: :vince: :vince:

:lmao:

Ass-penny

when I bought Borderlands: the pre-sequel, I thought it was going to be something really short but I've probably put something like 40 hours into it in the last week and change.

Ass-penny

I just started a horror game called Mothered and, well

probably not important knives and the kitchen knife are separate on that list, nope, nothing to see here

lol drat mom coming on strong. I'm looking forward to the rest of this probably short game.

Ass-penny

lol it is actually pretty creepy, and has twists I've yet to unravel

Ass-penny

I'm playing the new CTR game and having a bastard of a time getting first on this one track.

Ass-penny

holy poo poo, finally got it. The other levels took like 3 tries a piece, I swear I have replayed this race 10+ times.

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

I'm working my way through zelda oracle of seasons. It's hard!

is that the new one? I didn't realize it was out. in my experience Zelda games are very hard and I never have the patience for them lol

I been meaning to get back to Mothered, but I have mostly been watching stuff n playing Borderlands 2.

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

I couldn't afford it as a kid and it's the only zelder I never played

dang you loyal, orb. get it.

Ass-penny

combat and puzzles in one game?

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

maybe ur better suited for the z'elder scrolls series

:pusheen:

Ass-penny

more falafel please posted:

it's honestly buck wild that any game ever gets made anybody ever gets out of bed

ftfy

Ass-penny

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Im playing cult of the lamb currently, it's about a lamb having a cult, and of the

is that good? the trailer looked p good

Ass-penny

I have never heard of this Binding of Isaac either. lol thank you for the name of your cult tho, extremely on brand for you.

Ass-penny

y'all are seriously underestimating how good I am at not hearing about things until someone sets them right in front of me.

Ass-penny

I started Hollow Knight yesterday and I'm liking it so far.

Ass-penny

Philippe posted:

*sigh* Bapanada...

this fight with Hornet sucks lol

I can only imagine it gets worse

Ass-penny

vanisher posted:

Zelda is good

wow, ok. you have sources to back that up??

Ass-penny

Legend of Zelda: Learning to Exploit Hyrule's Natural Resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

I want my Switch to get here so frickin' bad because I need an escape from the constant stress that is work and books aren't doing it.

Actually this book I'm reading right now is doing it pretty well. It's about a murderbot.

the murderbot series is so drat good! my roommate who owned those moved out in november, but I'm thinking about buying my own copy of the whole series.

also if books aren't working and your videogames haven't arrived you have you considered drugs and alcohol?

uhhh poo poo I'm probably going to play some Hallow Knight when I get tired of posting in a hot minute lol